OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z

Search This thread

NaXal

Oct 31, 2017
Kolkata
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
OnePlus 8T
This is a short review about the OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z, one of the official accessories for OnePlus phones.

Matching with the devices, there are two variants and 4 colours available.

temp-03.jpg

Model 1 -> Bullets Wireless Z
Model 2 -> Bullets Wireless Z Bass Edition

Temp-04.jpg

There aren't many difference, since both are basically same headphones using same 9.2mm driver but bass edition is tuned for more bass for heavy bass lovers. Secondly, bass edition has all its controls given at the collar section where as normal edition has a separate control unit positioned between collar section & left ear piece !!

Temp-02.jpg

Mine is a normal edition in mint colour. Choose this one for looks as it is matching with my device, OnePlus 8T color.

Turning on or turning off is super easy, you just have to pull both the ear plugs away from each other, since they have magnet behind them and which holds them together.

Temp-06.jpg

This is a really nice feature, as soon as both snaps together, headphones goes to sleep / shut off and as soon as you pull them apart, they are on again. It stays within pairing mode if its not connected to any devices and with OnePlus, making a connection is super easy.

temp-01.jpg

Audio quality is strictly ok at best. Nothing fancy about it. Its as good or bad as any other similarly priced options. However, if you are a bass lover and want all day long bits hammering your head, then its better to look else where. Otherwise, it works good. Sound is clear, crisp.

The awesome highlight of this device is its super long lasting battery and off course, super fast charging. They officially supports Warp or Dash charging via OnePlus given chargers and they do charge super quick. Indeed just 10/15 mins of charging is enough for the entire day.

Temp-05.jpg

I am not a heavy music listener but I do make a lot of phone calls, play games like PubG or hook this up with my iPad or TV for streaming netflix / amazon prime and it is easily lasting close to 3 days for me :oops: Talking about PubG, I have tried with OnePlus 8T and without any extra settings or tweaking, by default its running with excellent low latency. Absolutely no lag at all.

I have connected this with my iPad and TV (MiTV 4X 4K) and there too performance is as expected. One handy feature is that quick switch button. Keep it pressed and Bluetooth with switch from one device to another !! This one is also very convenient for me, as I can jump between my connected devices very easily.

Paying premium over similarly or even lower priced JBL or Boat needs some perks and it does come with such, for example, this IP55 rated water and dust resistant so I really don't have to worry about rain when riding my motorcycle or its getting soaked in sweat running doing some running or heavy work. The fast charging via OnePlus warp or dash charging is just awesome and its awesome battery backup is super handy when you are out in really long distance journey !!

Lastly, that exclusivity factor, matching color with OnePlus devices !!

Temp-07.jpg

One major negative of buying such bright color is dirt / dust. Its really hard to keep it clean & shiny since the entire headphone is kind of soft touch material. Feels excellent to hold on when its around your neck but its tough to clean. Specially in Indian cities with hot and sweaty out door usage.

Should you buy it?

If you are a music lover and spends most of your free time with songs, then honestly, if you can afford an OnePlus flagship, you can surely invest in Bose. Buy Bose, wait for those sale events and invest there. Otherwise, for people like me, its an awesome choice (y)

Thanks.

Reactions: rahulje9

rahulje9

Mar 30, 2015
OnePlus 8T
It was there all along I guess
I don't think so.
I bought this phone after the launch in india. At that time I already had the bullet z with me. This might be something that came later with OTA. There was user suggested features, from which they choose 8 features, and in that this was suggested by someone, but at that time they rejected this.
Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: NaXal

NaXal

Oct 31, 2017
Kolkata
Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus)
OnePlus 8T
I am not aware of that.

You may be right.

Mine came pre updated with latest firmware I guess !!

I thought you may be mistaking it with Bullet Wireless Z Bass Edition as that one doesn't have this button to quickly switch between different paired device

Here are the two editions side by side. I have both of them with me.

IMG-20210513-011832.jpg

Bass editions lacks this dedicated quick switch button !!

Infact, all controls are within the neck band in bass edition where as with normal edition, it has seperate control unit in the left side along with the mic !!

rahulje9

Mar 30, 2015
OnePlus 8T
I am not aware of that.

You may be right.

I thought you may be mistaking it with Bullet Wireless Z Bass Edition as that one doesn't have this button to quickly switch between different paired device

IMG-20210513-011832.jpg

Infact, all controls are within the neck band in bass edition where as with normal edition, it has seperate control unit in the left side along with the mic !!
I was talking about this feature.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 6.01.31 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 6.01.31 PM.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: NaXal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a short review about the OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z, one of the official accessories for OnePlus phones.

Matching with the devices, there are two variants and 4 colours available.

temp-03.jpg

Model 1 -> Bullets Wireless Z
    Model 2 -> Bullets Wireless Z Bass Edition

Temp-04.jpg

There aren't many difference, since both are basically same headphones using same 9.2mm driver but bass edition is tuned for more bass for heavy bass lovers. Secondly, bass edition has all its controls given at the collar section where as normal edition has a separate control unit positioned between collar section & left ear piece !!

Temp-02.jpg

Mine is a normal edition in mint colour. Choose this one for looks as it is matching with my device, OnePlus 8T color.

Turning on or turning off is super easy, you just have to pull both the ear plugs away from each other, since they have magnet behind them and which holds them together.

Temp-06.jpg

This is a really nice feature, as soon as both snaps together, headphones goes to sleep / shut off and as soon as you pull them apart, they are on again. It stays within pairing mode if its not connected to any devices and with OnePlus, making a connection is super easy.

temp-01.jpg

Audio quality is strictly ok at best. Nothing fancy about it. Its as good or bad as any other similarly priced options. However, if you are a bass lover and want all day long bits hammering your head, then its better to look else where. Otherwise, it works good. Sound is clear, crisp.

The awesome highlight of this device is its super long lasting battery and off course, super fast charging. They officially supports Warp or Dash charging via OnePlus given chargers and they do charge super quick. Indeed just 10/15 mins of charging is enough for the entire day.

Temp-05.jpg

I am not a heavy music listener but I do make a lot of phone calls, play games like PubG or hook this up with my iPad or TV for streaming netflix / amazon prime and it is easily lasting close to 3 days for me :oops: Talking about PubG, I have tried with OnePlus 8T and without any extra settings or tweaking, by default its running with excellent low latency. Absolutely no lag at all.

I have connected this with my iPad and TV (MiTV 4X 4K) and there too performance is as expected. One handy feature is that quick switch button. Keep it pressed and Bluetooth with switch from one device to another !! This one is also very convenient for me, as I can jump between my connected devices very easily.

Paying premium over similarly or even lower priced JBL or Boat needs some perks and it does come with such, for example, this IP55 rated water and dust resistant so I really don't have to worry about rain when riding my motorcycle or its getting soaked in sweat running doing some running or heavy work. The fast charging via OnePlus warp or dash charging is just awesome and its awesome battery backup is super handy when you are out in really long distance journey !!

Lastly, that exclusivity factor, matching color with OnePlus devices !!

Temp-07.jpg

One major negative of buying such bright color is dirt / dust. Its really hard to keep it clean & shiny since the entire headphone is kind of soft touch material. Feels excellent to hold on when its around your neck but its tough to clean. Specially in Indian cities with hot and sweaty out door usage.

Should you buy it?

If you are a music lover and spends most of your free time with songs, then honestly, if you can afford an OnePlus flagship, you can surely invest in Bose. Buy Bose, wait for those sale events and invest there. Otherwise, for people like me, its an awesome choice (y)

Thanks.
    Thanks for this post.
    I'm using the OnePlus buds z.
    Quick question, from when did this pairing feature started?
    It was there all along I guess
    I don't think so.
    I bought this phone after the launch in india. At that time I already had the bullet z with me. This might be something that came later with OTA. There was user suggested features, from which they choose 8 features, and in that this was suggested by someone, but at that time they rejected this.
    Please do correct me if I'm wrong.
    I am not aware of that.

You may be right.

IMG-20210513-011832.jpg

I was talking about this feature.