• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

OnePlus Firmware on OnePlus Nord N10 MetroPCS phone

Search This thread

avengerpro

Feb 20, 2012
Guatire
From doing some searching it looks like other OnePlus phones can run the stock firmware on cell provided phones. Can I run the OnePlus version of Oxygen OS on my metro OnePlus Nord N10 or do I have to always wait on the slow carrier updates to be rolled out? This is my primary phone so I don't want to brick it by trying to do it. Was just wondering if anyone else had tried it and what their experience was?

lbsilva

Nov 24, 2017
lbraganca.pt
OnePlus X
Xiaomi Mi A2
From doing some searching it looks like other OnePlus phones can run the stock firmware on cell provided phones. Can I run the OnePlus version of Oxygen OS on my metro OnePlus Nord N10 or do I have to always wait on the slow carrier updates to be rolled out? This is my primary phone so I don't want to brick it by trying to do it. Was just wondering if anyone else had tried it and what their experience was?
I doubt it: Porting ROMs is not an easy process, it could mess with your hardware: Wi-Fi/BT/Camera/Data not working.
But I actually wanted to read some more opinions on this.

Now about bricking your phone: After you unlock the bootloader, you can always flash back the original ROM (I think it's available on the OP website). OP's default bootloader should do the trick but for extra precautions, you can always try flashing TWRP.

acidhorse1972

Dec 23, 2020
I've been seeing the MSMDownloadTool for flashing stock images to the phone with MetroPCS by T-Mobile and T-Mobile build numbers and people saying that the OnePlus is almost impossible to brick and not be able to fix it. I saw where someone said it can be flashed in the EDL mode and bypasses the greyed out Enable OEM Unlocking too.