Question OnePlus Nord CE 5G has received OxygenOS 12 based on Android 12, has anyone installed it? Is it worth the upgrade?

Search This thread

akabhishek881

Jun 2, 2016
The last update had some issue and the device got into bootloop during restart. Hope this update does not have such issue. I had to check it manually yesterday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220924-220842.jpg
    Screenshot_20220924-220842.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 109

Flashing_Expert

Sep 21, 2013
Jihlava
The last update had some issue and the device got into bootloop during restart. Hope this update does not have such issue. I had to check it manually yesterday.
I didn't had any issue with any of the previous updates (btw what update caused bootloop on your device? any problems with update could be caused by installed apps). Anyway, OOS12 has some quirks here and there but nothing serious. It's quite stable and suitable for daily usage.

Reactions: Sony make.believe

vucboj01

Oct 18, 2013
I have installed it yesterday (version EB2103_11.C.05). After testing I can confirm that it is working very well, including 5G network. Also wifi networking is working without any problems.

Flashing_Expert

Sep 21, 2013
Jihlava
Any help with a bootloop after updating this update?

this way you can recover to OOS 11.0.9.9
do not update from 11.0.18.18 but from 11.0.17.17 via local update

Jaymzx

Feb 23, 2015
Madrid

this way you can recover to OOS 11.0.9.9
do not update from 11.0.18.18 but from 11.0.17.17 via local update
Thanks.

It magically went back to the previous version after 3 reboots and several bootloops. No idea how it happened but it seems to be all fine.

Flashing_Expert

Sep 21, 2013
Jihlava
Thanks.

It magically went back to the previous version after 3 reboots and several bootloops. No idea how it happened but it seems to be all fine.
It's because there are two slots A and B for this kind of thing, your actual OS boots from slot A, you download update & install it on slot B and if something goes wrong, device returns to boot from slot A.
What a wonderfull time to be alive :)

Kazid

I have the EB2103 version here and upgraded to Oos12. I deeply regret to have done it. The system is slow, ugly, and keeps resetting from nowhere. The fingerprint lock just fails much more and I miss a lot of features. The one a miss most is the hidden apps that I could easily access from apps, by swiping to right. This is gone and now I need to open the telephone app and type a PIN to see a little window will the hidden apps. Looking for a downgrade of my phone right now.

I have the EB2103 version here and upgraded to Oos12. I deeply regret to have done it. The system is slow, ugly, and keeps resetting from nowhere. The fingerprint lock just fails much more and I miss a lot of features. The one a miss most is the hidden apps that I could easily access from apps, by swiping to right. This is gone and now I need to open the telephone app and type a PIN to see a little window will the hidden apps. Looking for a downgrade of my phone right now.
I can definitely confirm that the update broke a lot of settings. For me it reset the battery and notification settings for several apps, for example AccuBattery. The apps notification icon does not show up in the top anymore and I think this is the case for every non-system app right now. I am using Nova Launcher and had to do quite a rework of my theming. Colors of the clock widget changed to a cyan, which looked awefull and the google calendar app widget went pale. I also had to remove apps that I previously deactivated.

All in all a horrible update that destroyed my theming and installed a bunch of stuff I did not ask for.
Looking forward to the end of warranty next year to root and remove the OS for something cleaner. Guess this will be the only OnePlus in my posession.

EDIT: I figured out why in my case the notification icons disappeared. I've set "don't disturb" and all the notification icons disappeared, as is with the notification icon of AccuBattery, which is a silent notification. So not only does the system not display a notification in silent mode (which is ok) it also disables the icon in the top banner for some reason. Does anybody know how to disable that behaviour and have it like before, where notifications are silent, but their icons appear in the top banner?

EDIT2: Got the AccuBattery icon working by holding the finger onto the silent notification in the pull-down and then set the notification to "important".

Last edited:
After a few days, I also noticed that the fingerprint sensor reacts really slow.
Today I printed a document and the print job just crashed after successfully sending the document to the printer.
To top it off, my Moto 360 3rd Gen battery life went from 1.5 days to just under 6 hours.
Try to re-register your fingerprints, this should work.
Did you try to print another document to reproduce the error?
To avoid battery problems on your smartwatch, you could try to allow only apps sending notification, that you need (i.e. Whatsapp, Instagram, Telegram etc.). I assume, that every app send notifications to your smartwatch atm

Try to re-register your fingerprints, this should work.
Did you try to print another document to reproduce the error?
To avoid battery problems on your smartwatch, you could try to allow only apps sending notification, that you need (i.e. Whatsapp, Instagram, Telegram etc.). I assume, that every app send notifications to your smartwatch atm
Thanks for the suggestions, I will try to look at the app rights management again, but I already restricted a lot of stuff and the point is, that before the update, everything just worked a lot better. It is a disappointing update overall that causes a lot of unnecessary problems.

Sep 24, 2021
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
I could not get root to work after the update since the TWRP image was not bootable anymore (flashing it caused the phone only to boot to fastboot). I got the phone working again by factory reset. If anyone knows a solution it would be highly appreciated.

Magnus909

Oct 7, 2011
By far the best update to Android on this phone. 11 was just abysmal compared to this.
It runs extremely smooth with no stutters. Everything opens up very quickly etc.
The battery time is, at the same time, clearly better.
It looks much cleaner.
And the functionality is mostly for the better too!
It's been a long time since I have been this positivley surprised by an android update!
No problems when updating, everything worked and missed nothing important after the update.
It's a 100% worth it!

CyberCloneDroid

Nov 14, 2012
Installed recently and breaks termux with phantom process 32. If you use termux and any of its plugins, this will certainly break it.

Top Liked Posts