• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Oneplus Nord N10 5G hardware variants

Search This thread

Sepulther

Apr 5, 2021
Hey guys,

I'm going to be moving to Germany soon, and considering which will be the best phone to get to take with me.

I have a few competing devices, but the OnePlus Nord N10 5G is my primary so far.

Are you guys familiar with EU/Germany nuances, and which of these phones might be my best choices, and reasons for the priority placement?

If specific models would be best, please let me know

1) OnePlus Nord N10 5G (?BE2028 OR BE2029?)
2) Sony Experia 10 The Ultimate Wide
3) Sony Experia 10 Plus
4) Sony Experia XZ3
5) Galaxy S21 5G
6) LG V40 ThinQ

My primary concern is German market, though I'll also be in Kenya, India, and Finland.

Got a Nord N10 5G from Metro and About says it's a BE2025. I peered inside the SIM tray, but I can't really discern between all the contact pins what belongs to what. It seems that the first contacts are too short to touch the uSD card, as I compare where I see them while I have the sim tray on top of the phone. It'll be fun to try out the non-Metro ROM in the future and see...

Slimnotshady

Apr 20, 2021
I have a be2025 with a broken screen but can only find a lcd replacement for the be2029 does anyone know whether or not the screen assemblies are the same/interchangeable?

JKY82

May 12, 2021
I found a way to toggle oem unlock on the metro version by using adb to debloat the device and doin so when u remove simlock auth it makes oem unlock toggable but trying to fastboot oem unlock asks for unlock token any work around for this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210512-115919.jpg
    Screenshot_20210512-115919.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20210512-115925.jpg
    Screenshot_20210512-115925.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 83
Wait.... So we have three hardware versions in the US? o_O?

BE2025 - Metro
BE2026 - Unlocked from Oneplus directly
BE2028 - T-mobile???

Can anyone else confirm that BE2028 is from T-mobile?
Picked one up from a T-Mo store, BE2028 as well.
Not equipped with a second SIM slot. First set of contacts is SDCard

OnePlusN10TMO:/ $ getprop ro.boot.project_codename billie8t OnePlusN10TMO:/ $ getprop ro.boot.project_name 20888 OnePlusN10TMO:/ $ getprop ro.build.fingerprint OnePlus/OnePlusN10TMO/OnePlusN10TMO:10/QKQ1.200830.002/2104262059:user/release-keys OnePlusN10TMO:/ $ getprop ro.build.version.ota OnePlusN10TMOOxygen_14.O.11_GLO_011_2104262145

Last edited:
I found a way to toggle oem unlock on the metro version by using adb to debloat the device and doin so when u remove simlock auth it makes oem unlock toggable but trying to fastboot oem unlock asks for unlock token any work around for this
Please enlighten us as to the commands you used via adb to get that toggle un-greyed-out?

You need to get the token via fastboot and plug it into oneplus bootloader unlocking page

Please enlighten us as to the commands you used via adb to get that toggle un-greyed-out?

You need to get the token via fastboot and plug it into oneplus bootloader unlocking page

I was able to uninstall the com.qualcomm.qti.remoteSimunlockAuth using the adb command:

"adb shell"

"pm uninstall -k --user 0 om.qualcomm.qti.remoteSimunlockAuth"

However it did not enable the toggle

edit: I should have just disabled it because now the only way to get it back is to do a restore with MSM download tool

w9909989

Nov 6, 2015

disappointment​

What a disappointment, I have been a customer since version 3t and phones have always had 2 sim slots and not this time.

OnePlus Nord N10 5G SIM Free Midnight Ice 6 GB RAM + 128 GB Storage

OnePlus Reply: We apologize for the inconvenience, we have adopted tiny customization for the product design based on users' habits in different regions, so there might be tiny differences in terms of functions in different regions. NA thus only support single SIM card. Thank you for taking time writing to us.

I was able to uninstall the com.qualcomm.qti.remoteSimunlockAuth using the adb command:

"adb shell"

edit: I should have just disabled it because now the only way to get it back is to do a restore with MSM download tool
I've gotten T-Mo to unlock the SIM in this device... now I'm just waiting on OnePlus to give me the token so I can actually unlock the bootloader... Never getting a new device from a carrier on prepaid again... Ported into a postpaid account and got unlock eligibility immediately. The device was paid in full before all of this.

Okay, so I've got the device unlocked completely. Now just need to build TWRP. the ones for 'billie', the links are dead. was gonna try and see if it worked. but I guess it doesnt. In the meantime, gonna root, if I can.

Found this one...
it seems to work, as expected, no touch unless flashed over. I need to make backups first. Time to plug in a KB and mouse.

Last edited:
Reactions: BTK19

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

"adb shell"

"adb shell"

I've gotten T-Mo to unlock the SIM in this device... now I'm just waiting on OnePlus to give me the token so I can actually unlock the bootloader... Never getting a new device from a carrier on prepaid again... Ported into a postpaid account and got unlock eligibility immediately. The device was paid in full before all of this.

Okay, so I've got the device unlocked completely. Now just need to build TWRP. the ones for 'billie', the links are dead. was gonna try and see if it worked. but I guess it doesnt. In the meantime, gonna root, if I can.

Found this one...
    it seems to work, as expected, no touch unless flashed over. I need to make backups first. Time to plug in a KB and mouse.
    Wont matter even if you find one. The BE2026 doesn't have the sim contacts inside the phone to support a 2nd sim. Pretty sure only the BE2028 and BE2029 have them. I bought BE2026 from Oneplus directly. The picture of the phone lacking the second sim contacts in my second post is the BE2026 that I have on my desk right now.

Plus the BE2026 ships with the International ROM (BE86AA) on it, which means if there was second sim support it should already show up in the phone settings.

The dual sim version is a nano + nano/microsd, not a nano + nano + microsd, so the contacts have to exist right in front of the microsd card. You can see the SIM tray for the dual-sim version in this video at the 3:00 mark.

The OP 7T kind of screwed up our assumptions, because there were no physical hardware variants. So the international version was physically the same as the na version, different firmware for band support sure. The tmo version simply had t-mobile ROM to disable the second SIM for the carrier phones. When you put international ROM on them, the second sim was "unlocked." With the OP N10 5G it looks like the situation is different, there is a physical difference between the NA and EU/international version. It appears that the NA version actually has no second sim support at all, physically, so you can't just unlock (not that it matters since the BE2026 already has international ROM).
    Thanks for your reply bud, I'm returning it, according to the customer service representative there is no international version of Nord N10 5G that comes with 2 sim cards and micro sd card slots ( tray). Thanks again and stay safe.
    Forgot to mention that the reason that popped into my head is because Apple did the same thing with the US and China a few years ago when the iPhone X came out. Physical SIM + ESIM for US and 2 Physical SIMs for China