Oneplus Nord N10 5G hardware variants

Search This thread

topofthehat

Jan 19, 2021
Does anyone have the full list of hardware variants?

BE2025 - Metro, maybe t-mobile?
Be2026 - NA
BE2028 - EU?
BE2029 - Global

I bought the BE2026 straight from oneplus in the US and realized that the situation isn't quite like it is with the Oneplus 7T.

The NA model (BE2026) doesn't have the electrical contacts inside to support a second sim, even if you were to get the dual sim tray and flash to global. I'm wondering if maybe the BE2025 might have them, in which case I can flash to global rom if I buy through tmo.

Reactions: twindragon6
Can confirm BE2025 is Metro, just got the phone from them today. As far as flashing goes, might be a no-go on the Metro variant as it looks like the Unlock Bootloader option is greyed out and off unlike my Moto G Stylus. haven't looked into it any further yet though.

Last edited:

topofthehat

Jan 19, 2021
When you peer inside the sim slot, do you see sim card contacts? The contacts for the "main" sim should be too far back to easily see (behind the microsd card contacts). The contacts for the second sim should be in front of the microsd card.

Also, what is build number? Then unlock thing I assume is because you need to request unlock token from Oneplus.

nord5g.jpg

Last edited:

topofthehat

Jan 19, 2021
Unfortunately I don’t see a second SIM contact in there. I see the first SIM contacts all the way in the back and in front of it is nothing but a flat surface. Build number is 10.5.8BE88CF

Sounds like BE2025 and BE2026 (the picture I put up is from the BE2026) are the same hardware wise. I'm guessing the dual-sim versions are the EU and international versions.

Unfortunately, I guess T-mobile and Metro are using the single-sim versions straight up with their own ROM rather than offering a dual-sim version with a single sim tray and their own ROM like they did with the OP 7T.

lowrck

Jul 13, 2017
Sounds like BE2025 and BE2026 (the picture I put up is from the BE2026) are the same hardware wise. I'm guessing the dual-sim versions are the EU and international versions.

Unfortunately, I guess T-mobile and Metro are using the single-sim versions straight up with their own ROM rather than offering a dual-sim version with a single sim tray and their own ROM like they did with the OP 7T.
not all that suprising considering they also locked down the ability to qfil in an international rom as well. i got one of these from metro and im contemplating paying the 50$ or so to get it unlocked online unless someone can figure out a way to unlock the device without the metro 180 day requirement.

Hello everyone, I pre-ordered mine from OnePlus (BE2026) got it and found out that I couldn't even find a dual sim card tray to buy, also there is a good chance that it doesn't even support dual sim plus micro sd card, if someone knows where to buy a dual sim card tray for Nord N10 5G please share the link, I still want to try it. Thanks in advance guys.

topofthehat

Jan 19, 2021
Hello everyone, I pre-ordered mine from OnePlus (BE2026) got it and found out that I couldn't even find a dual sim card tray to buy, also there is a good chance that it doesn't even support dual sim plus micro sd card, if someone knows where to buy a dual sim card tray for Nord N10 5G please share the link, I still want to try it. Thanks in advance guys.

Wont matter even if you find one. The BE2026 doesn't have the sim contacts inside the phone to support a 2nd sim. Pretty sure only the BE2028 and BE2029 have them. I bought BE2026 from Oneplus directly. The picture of the phone lacking the second sim contacts in my second post is the BE2026 that I have on my desk right now.

Plus the BE2026 ships with the International ROM (BE86AA) on it, which means if there was second sim support it should already show up in the phone settings.

The dual sim version is a nano + nano/microsd, not a nano + nano + microsd, so the contacts have to exist right in front of the microsd card. You can see the SIM tray for the dual-sim version in this video at the 3:00 mark.

The OP 7T kind of screwed up our assumptions, because there were no physical hardware variants. So the international version was physically the same as the na version, different firmware for band support sure. The tmo version simply had t-mobile ROM to disable the second SIM for the carrier phones. When you put international ROM on them, the second sim was "unlocked." With the OP N10 5G it looks like the situation is different, there is a physical difference between the NA and EU/international version. It appears that the NA version actually has no second sim support at all, physically, so you can't just unlock (not that it matters since the BE2026 already has international ROM).

Last edited:
Reactions: oscarmaldonado
Wont matter even if you find one. The BE2026 doesn't have the sim contacts inside the phone to support a 2nd sim. Pretty sure only the BE2028 and BE2029 have them. I bought BE2026 from Oneplus directly. The picture of the phone lacking the second sim contacts in my second post is the BE2026 that I have on my desk right now.

Plus the BE2026 ships with the International ROM (BE86AA) on it, which means if there was second sim support it should already show up in the phone settings.

The dual sim version is a nano + nano/microsd, not a nano + nano + microsd, so the contacts have to exist right in front of the microsd card. You can see the SIM tray for the dual-sim version in this video at the 3:00 mark.

The OP 7T kind of screwed up our assumptions, because there were no physical hardware variants. So the international version was physically the same as the na version, different firmware for band support sure. The tmo version simply had t-mobile ROM to disable the second SIM for the carrier phones. When you put international ROM on them, the second sim was "unlocked." With the OP N10 5G it looks like the situation is different, there is a physical difference between the NA and EU/international version. It appears that the NA version actually has no second sim support at all, physically, so you can't just unlock (not that it matters since the BE2026 already has international ROM).
Thanks for your reply bud, I'm returning it, according to the customer service representative there is no international version of Nord N10 5G that comes with 2 sim cards and micro sd card slots ( tray). Thanks again and stay safe.

Reactions: jiwon21c

topofthehat

Jan 19, 2021
Thanks for your reply bud, I'm returning it, according to the customer service representative there is no international version of Nord N10 5G that comes with 2 sim cards and micro sd card slots ( tray). Thanks again and stay safe.

That's not true. If you look at the difference between the US product page and UK product page for the N10 5G. (plus the video shows dual sim for N10 5G does exist). The BE2028 (UK I believe has this one) and BE2029 should come with dual sim.

US website " SIM and external memory card slot (nano-SIM + microSD) "
UK website " 3-choose-2 hybrid SIM slot (nano-SIM + nano-SIM/microSD) "

The problem is the US website has this residual bottom notation on the product page " 7. Currently supports dual 4G SIM cards or a single 5G SIM. 5G+4G suport available via OTA update at a future date. Please confirm 5G network availability with your carrier. " This made me think it was a dual sim phone with a single sim tray. In actuality, the NA version is a single sim phone with a single sim tray.

And assuming the Tmobile version is the BE2025 just like the metro version, it too would appear to be the same as the BE2026.

I would love to be wrong. If someone else has ended up purchasing a phone from Metro, T-mo, or Oneplus in the US and can peer into their sim slot and see sim contacts in front of the microsd contacts, that would be great.

Last edited:
That's not true. If you look at the difference between the US product page and UK product page for the N10 5G. (plus the video shows dual sim for N10 5G does exist). The BE2028 (UK I believe has this one) and BE2029 should come with dual sim.

US website " SIM and external memory card slot (nano-SIM + microSD) "
UK website " 3-choose-2 hybrid SIM slot (nano-SIM + nano-SIM/microSD) "

The problem is the US website has this residual bottom notation on the product page " 7. Currently supports dual 4G SIM cards or a single 5G SIM. 5G+4G suport available via OTA update at a future date. Please confirm 5G network availability with your carrier. " This made me think it was a dual sim phone with a single sim tray. In actuality, the NA version is a single sim phone with a single sim tray.

And assuming the Tmobile version is the BE2025 just like the metro version, it too would appear to be the same as the BE2026.

I would love to be wrong. If someone else has ended up purchasing a phone from Metro, T-mo, or Oneplus in the US and can peer into their sim slot and see sim contacts in front of the microsd contacts, that would be great.

Maybe it's ESIM?

topofthehat

Jan 19, 2021
Can't be. Look at the video review I posted at the 3:00 mark. You can clearly see it is a nano/micro sd + nano sim tray. Notice how you can see "SIM 2" written on the sim tray. My N10 5G (BE2026) sim tray doens't have that written on it and it slightly slimmer at that part, which make sense since it can only fit a micro sd not a nano.

Only logical explanation right now is that the na version doesn't have the contacts. M

Can't be. Look at the video review I posted at the 3:00 mark. You can clearly see it is a nano/micro sd + nano sim tray. Notice how you can see "SIM 2" written on the sim tray.

Only logical explanation right now is that the na version doesn't have the contacts.
Only reason I mention ESIM is because of the future OTA update wording you mentioned seems like something that could be enabled via software if it's hiding in the phone. Just speculation though.

topofthehat

Jan 19, 2021
Only reason I mention ESIM is because of the future OTA update wording you mentioned seems like something that could be enabled via software if it's hiding in the phone. Just speculation though.

Ah, i see what you mean, but atlas, that is not the case here.

It wouldn't explain the sim tray in the EU/international version.. Pretty sure the guy in the review is in the UK doing a review of the UK N10 5G. I compared this to my phone sim tray, it is a bit different. Look at yours, the BE2026 and BE2025 sim tray should be the same. You'll see what I mean.

Picture from the EU N10 5G video review:

n105gdualsimtray.PNG

The website notation is probably because someone in marketing was lazy and copy and pasted the NA specs from the international one. They changed the relevant information for the SIM tray in the main section but forgot to delete the fine print footnotes.

topofthehat

Jan 19, 2021
Forgot to mention that the reason that popped into my head is because Apple did the same thing with the US and China a few years ago when the iPhone X came out. Physical SIM + ESIM for US and 2 Physical SIMs for China

Oh now I get the point you were trying to make. I suppose that is possible. I highly doubt it, since this is suppose to be a budget 5G. Apple and Google were more than happy to advert they were going to have esim on their phones in the future through updates (i.e. Pixel 3a).

We've heard nothing from Oneplus about esims. It would seem odd they would choose to do so starting with one of their budget phones. I could equally be wrong. However, for me, if they went esim + sim, i would still rather have 2 physical sims. (I already have a Pixel 4.) That is part of the reason I wanted (and wrongly assumed) the N10 5G in the first place; for it having 2 physical sims.

The simplier explanation would be that Oneplus is just following the convention of their competitors: NA models gets single sim, International gets dual-sim.

Reactions: GCPDetective

stryfe2010

Mar 13, 2011
John Day
Does anyone have the full list of hardware variants?

BE2025 - Metro, maybe t-mobile?
Be2026 - NA
BE2028 - EU?
BE2029 - Global

I bought the BE2026 straight from oneplus in the US and realized that the situation isn't quite like it is with the Oneplus 7T.

The NA model (BE2026) doesn't have the electrical contacts inside to support a second sim, even if you were to get the dual sim tray and flash to global. I'm wondering if maybe the BE2025 might have them, in which case I can flash to global rom if I buy through tmo.
The BE2028 is the T-mobile US version

topofthehat

Jan 19, 2021
Wait.... So we have three hardware versions in the US? o_O?

BE2025 - Metro
BE2026 - Unlocked from Oneplus directly
BE2028 - T-mobile???

Can anyone else confirm that BE2028 is from T-mobile?

Reactions: KlausWillSeeYouNow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found a way to toggle oem unlock on the metro version by using adb to debloat the device and doin so when u remove simlock auth it makes oem unlock toggable but trying to fastboot oem unlock asks for unlock token any work around for this
    Please enlighten us as to the commands you used via adb to get that toggle un-greyed-out?
    I found a way to toggle oem unlock on the metro version by using adb to debloat the device and doin so when u remove simlock auth it makes oem unlock toggable but trying to fastboot oem unlock asks for unlock token any work around for this

Please enlighten us as to the commands you used via adb to get that toggle un-greyed-out?

You need to get the token via fastboot and plug it into oneplus bootloader unlocking page

I was able to uninstall the com.qualcomm.qti.remoteSimunlockAuth using the adb command:

"adb shell"

"pm uninstall -k --user 0 om.qualcomm.qti.remoteSimunlockAuth"

However it did not enable the toggle

edit: I should have just disabled it because now the only way to get it back is to do a restore with MSM download tool
    I have the global BE2029. Was on AT&T and all was fine. Switched to Verizon and all but SMS/MMS functions. Spent an hour with VZ cs , cleared the phone, lost data, and reset up with all that gets backed to the cloud. Still no SMS. Anyone?