OnePlus One - stuck on Resurrection boot

Search This thread

NSingh95

Aug 8, 2009
Columbus, OH
Hello guys,

I apologize if this has been solved before but I wasn't able to find anything on it.

I have a oneplus one phone which I had running Ressurection Rom (I don't have the details as my father was using it for the last 2 years).
He dropped the phone and gave it to a shop for repairing of the screen. They repaired the screen but now they have somehow messed with the software where I am UNABLE TO BOOT TO FASTBOOT OR TRWP. The function of holding POWER + VOLUME DOWN or POWER + VOLUME UP doesn't work. When I attempt those two options, it still continues to boot as it normally would and then start optimizing apps. Does that for about 45 minutes and then just restarts and repeats the process.

I haven't messed around with android stuff for about a year now, so simplified instructions (rather step by step) would be extremely helpful.

Thank you so much for taking the time.

Mr.Ak

Jan 14, 2015
*RESTRICTED AREA*
Hello guys,

I apologize if this has been solved before but I wasn't able to find anything on it.

I have a oneplus one phone which I had running Ressurection Rom (I don't have the details as my father was using it for the last 2 years).
He dropped the phone and gave it to a shop for repairing of the screen. They repaired the screen but now they have somehow messed with the software where I am UNABLE TO BOOT TO FASTBOOT OR TRWP. The function of holding POWER + VOLUME DOWN or POWER + VOLUME UP doesn't work. When I attempt those two options, it still continues to boot as it normally would and then start optimizing apps. Does that for about 45 minutes and then just restarts and repeats the process.

I haven't messed around with android stuff for about a year now, so simplified instructions (rather step by step) would be extremely helpful.

Thank you so much for taking the time.
This condition is called hard brick.To fix this,
https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ol-restore-stock-cm11s-fix-bricks-etc.237827/
Use this tool on winXp or win7(don't use 8 or 10),run it as administrator.Make sure you install the drivers correctly,good luck!

NSingh95

Aug 8, 2009
Columbus, OH
This condition is called hard brick.To fix this,
https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...ol-restore-stock-cm11s-fix-bricks-etc.237827/
Use this tool on winXp or win7(don't use 8 or 10),run it as administrator.Make sure you install the drivers correctly,good luck!

Hello, Thank you for your response.
I have tried the instructions that you provided and I am stuck in a place where the "Samsung" drivers for OPO are installed but the phone isn't detected by the computer when its plugged in. I assume that means the drivers aren't installed correctly. However, when I do open device manager and attempt to update or uninstall the drivers there isn't a device there that is representative of OPO.

How do I get to the point where the drivers can be installed without me having access to the phone. I can't really go into a bricked phone and turn on ADB etc.'

Thank you

Mr.Ak

Jan 14, 2015
*RESTRICTED AREA*
Hello, Thank you for your response.
I have tried the instructions that you provided and I am stuck in a place where the "Samsung" drivers for OPO are installed but the phone isn't detected by the computer when its plugged in. I assume that means the drivers aren't installed correctly. However, when I do open device manager and attempt to update or uninstall the drivers there isn't a device there that is representative of OPO.

How do I get to the point where the drivers can be installed without me having access to the phone. I can't really go into a bricked phone and turn on ADB etc.'

Thank you

Read the whole thread.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/guide-unbrick-oneplus-one-t3013732
Use Xp or win7(must).

NSingh95

Aug 8, 2009
Columbus, OH
Okay so I have attempted this a tiring number of times; initially the phone at least was going on to loading apps, now it just flashes on the Resurrection load screen and doesn't change at all. Also when I try to boot into recovery/fastboot, nothing happens.
I have also tried installing different drivers from like a samsung phone, nexus but to no avail.

Is there anyone who can perhaps TEAMVIEW me and help out or live chat?

Mr.Ak

Jan 14, 2015
*RESTRICTED AREA*
Okay so I have attempted this a tiring number of times; initially the phone at least was going on to loading apps, now it just flashes on the Resurrection load screen and doesn't change at all. Also when I try to boot into recovery/fastboot, nothing happens.
I have also tried installing different drivers from like a samsung phone, nexus but to no avail.

Is there anyone who can perhaps TEAMVIEW me and help out or live chat?

Device on Twrp works fine?

NSingh95

Aug 8, 2009
Columbus, OH
I don't think so. If it is a battery issue he could go to fastboot since fastboot only uses a small amount of charge.

Try turning on your phone while connected to a charger.

I have, its definitely not a battery issue, because i have seen the phone stay on for an hour just on the bootscreen without being plugged in or anything.

psxda97

Nov 1, 2015
I have, its definitely not a battery issue, because i have seen the phone stay on for an hour just on the bootscreen without being plugged in or anything.

Most probably your volume buttons were messed up during the repair. That's the only reason I can think of. There are some videos on YouTube about fixing the volume buttons.