Question OnePlus unlock token page blank

Search This thread

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
Nope, just an MSM Tool that can flash a T-Mobile variant. I don't know if one exists for the 9 but there is one for the 9 Pro that you can use to get to EU software and then use the global 9 downgrade package to get back to proper 9 firmware.

I have the 9 pro and I don't see that existing anywhere? I already looked for something like that.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
I saw it but there is a serious risk of hard bricking, not sure I want to take that chance, then I'm left with a paperweight.
No such thing as a hard brick when MSM Tool is around really. That's the whole point of the MSM Tool. It's a low level recovery tool, just back up the listed partitions just in case (but it's literally never been an issue for me).

Reactions: st3wart
the MSM tool does only need ADB and qualcomm drivers to do a full restore. so yes in theory you can go to international without the unlock.

**BUT**

you have to find the international variant of the msm tool for your phone model. i am looking for nord n200 international and only seem to find tmo

ADDED:
found this nice article

and

has a nice collection of tools!

Last edited:

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
No such thing as a hard brick when MSM Tool is around really. That's the whole point of the MSM Tool. It's a low level recovery tool, just back up the listed partitions just in case (but it's literally never been an issue for me).
Well it looks like I am hard bricked so this was a bad idea. I followed the instructions, was able to unlock bootloader but after several updates I flashed the T-Mobile modem bin file as it states and now phone does nothing. I got it back into EDL but if I try to flash again, it gives me a Sahara communication failed error in MSM Download Tool and can't flash anything so I'm guessing I'm f**ked.

Well it looks like I am hard bricked so this was a bad idea. I followed the instructions, was able to unlock bootloader but after several updates I flashed the T-Mobile modem bin file as it states and now phone does nothing. I got it back into EDL but if I try to flash again, it gives me a Sahara communication failed error in MSM Download Tool and can't flash anything so I'm guessing I'm f**ked.
The comm error i believe is because you need to use a basic USB 2.0 cable (factory cable). And make sure it's directly plugged into the computer, Not through a hub. Plus the qualcomm drivers while in edl mode

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Sahara error generally happens when you aren't quick enough. In the MSM Tool, click Start before you connect the phone so it's looking for the phone when you connect it. Take the phone, hold volume up and volume down for just a couple seconds, plug the cable in. It should automatically be seen as long as your drivers are correct.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
Sahara error generally happens when you aren't quick enough. In the MSM Tool, click Start before you connect the phone so it's looking for the phone when you connect it. Take the phone, hold volume up and volume down for just a couple seconds, plug the cable in. It should automatically be seen as long as your drivers are correct.
I was able to get past that error by unchecking sha check but now I'm getting a file mismatch error.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
I figured out my problem. I was on the wrong firmware. I thought I was on Global but I was on EU, which is Europe so I flashed the right image and I'm back up and running. Any one know if there is any way out of this firmware, like going back to T-mobile or Global or am I stuck? Thanks for help, I appreciate it.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
I figured out my problem. I was on the wrong firmware. I thought I was on Global but I was on EU, which is Europe so I flashed the right image and I'm back up and running. Any one know if there is any way out of this firmware, like going back to T-mobile or Global or am I stuck? Thanks for help, I appreciate it.
You can use the downgrade packages and the APK in the pinned post to get back to global firmware. I wouldn't recommend going back to T-Mobile.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
You can use the downgrade packages and the APK in the pinned post to get back to global firmware. I wouldn't recommend going back to T-Mobile.
The problem I have though is I have no phone service with EU, Global or India. I tried the Magisk data fix but all that does is give me text messaging but data and calls don't work. My only other option is downgrade back to Android 11 when it was working fine. I can't even use custom roms, phone bricks.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
The problem I have though is I have no phone service with EU, Global or India. I tried the Magisk data fix but all that does is give me text messaging but data and calls don't work. My only other option is downgrade back to Android 11 when it was working fine. I can't even use custom roms, phone bricks.
Weird that it doesn't work for you. You're not flashing the radio when you install the fix, are you? The radio is for the 9 Pro, the 9 just needs the zip installed in Magisk.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
I actually have the 9 pro and I install the zip and all it does is what I stated. If I don't, it says I have no sims even though I have one.
Yeah, it sounds like you're not locking the radio in first... There's a whole ridiculous process to get that model working right. Honestly I would cut my losses and sell it and get a global variant.

You have to use only the linked MSM Tool apparently.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi you shouldn't need a token to unlock bootloader for OnePlus devices.

You should also have OEM unlock enabled in developer options.
    Fastboot OEM unlock

this is inncorrect for the TMOBILE variant. FOR TMOBILE ONLY.... the oem unlock option is only so you can retrieve the unlock code. once you receive the token you will be able to flash it and fully unlock the phone.
    OnePlus page must be down. I’ve been trying to get on there for the last 12 hours.
    I have been trying this too,, it's coming blank.. like what's happening here I just get my new phone which is t mobile varient
    Website is still down for me. I contacted OnePlus and they went on the routine of trying to make me fill out for another unlocking token and telling me it’s 7 days blah blah blah. They weren’t getting the fact that their website is broken. Finally after 30 different screen shots and copied links they finally understood. Hopefully the IT team can get the page back up asap
    I saw it but there is a serious risk of hard bricking, not sure I want to take that chance, then I'm left with a paperweight.