OnePlus8 VZW Bootloader is Not Unlockable

Search This thread

RonnPTY89

Jan 8, 2021
[QUOTE = "mattie_49, publicación: 84029053, miembro: 2338414"]
https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-8/how-to/guide-convert-to-global-t4105885#login

Global tiene problemas de rotación realmente malos actualmente después de cambiar. Probablemente sea mejor que se quede con las acciones de Verizon liberadas o A10 aosp de algún tipo. La experiencia de Pix es lo más estable posible. Búscalo en hilos. El problema es que tenemos que esperar a que Verizon actualice oos a A11. Esto actualizará el módem. Si convierte a global, no vaya a la compilación A11, ya que romperá el módem / datos. Después de que Verizon ota actualice nuestro dispositivo, podemos flashear lo que queramos, incluido A11. Busque también la herramienta msm para la variante de Verizon. Hay hilo nuevo ya que la herramienta es nueva. Usé anoche. Esto podría resultar útil en muchas situaciones. Te devuelve al stock bloqueado.
[/CITAR]
hHi, what you are saying is that we better wait for Verizon to release the update and with this we can normally install a global rom from the same oneplus page?

RonnPTY89

Jan 8, 2021
HHello, I would like to be very clear with this whole issue and I put it like this: 1. Is it currently possible or not to install a global ROM and easily unlock the bootloader? 2. Or is it better to wait for Verizon to release the OTA and with it we can do what we all want to install an original global ROM from the oneplus website ???

mattop8

Jan 3, 2021
HHello, I would like to be very clear with this whole issue and I put it like this: 1. Is it currently possible or not to install a global ROM and easily unlock the bootloader? 2. Or is it better to wait for Verizon to release the OTA and with it we can do what we all want to install an original global ROM from the oneplus website ???
You will need to contact WhoAreYou (Page 5), he has the method and can unlock you bootloader like he did mine.

RonnPTY89

Jan 8, 2021
[QUOTE = "mattop8, publicación: 84251047, miembro: 11376481"]
Deberá ponerse en contacto con WhoAreYou (página 5), él tiene el método y puede desbloquear su cargador de arranque como lo hizo con el mío.
[/CITAR]
TI will try to locate him I am very interested, do you have any direct contact with him or her?

RonnPTY89

Jan 8, 2021
[QUOTE = "Whoareyou, publicación: 83769667, miembro: 2727149"]
Puedo confirmar que hay un método de trabajo disponible, envíeme un mensaje de correo electrónico si está interesado, no se publicará.
[/CITAR]
HHello I am interested ... Could you tell me if there are some disadvantages with this method that you achieved? My e-mail is [email protected]

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just flash system, vendor, dtbo, boot, odm, vbmeta, vbmeta_system and recovery. This is all you flash if your going to fastboot flash global otherwise you won't have data. And you can't do any of this unless your bootloader is unlocked. Then you absolutely can't local upgrade or go to a11 on global or you break the modem/ no data. Look at the post above. Get a hold of that gentleman and unlock your bootloader first. Then proceed in any direction which you see fit. But yes Verizon op8 is unlockable with a work-around. I've been unlocked and flashing since early November. Once Verizon updates our device to A 11 then we can flash global a11

RonnPTY89

Jan 8, 2021
[QUOTE = "mattie_49, publicación: 84252467, miembro: 2338414"]
Solo flash system, vendor, dtbo, boot, odm, vbmeta, vbmeta_system y recovery. Esto es todo lo que flasheas si vas a flashear fastboot globalmente, de lo contrario no tendrás datos. Y no puede hacer nada de esto a menos que su cargador de arranque esté desbloqueado. Entonces absolutamente no puede actualizar localmente o ir a a11 en global o rompe el módem / no hay datos. Mira la publicación de arriba. Póngase en contacto con ese caballero y desbloquee su gestor de arranque primero. Luego proceda en cualquier dirección que considere adecuada. Pero sí, Verizon op8 se puede desbloquear con una solución alternativa. He estado desbloqueado y parpadeando desde principios de noviembre. Una vez que Verizon actualice nuestro dispositivo a A 11, podremos flashear a11 global
[/CITAR]
GRAMOThank you for your answer, if you already contact WhoAreYou but you don't answer ... I have many doubts

SPEED_RACER_5.0

Sep 6, 2009
Florida
I've not had connection issues with mine and don't use hotspot. Maybe it's just being us being in different areas. Are you on latest 11-13 ota?
Could be but im in clearwater fl so idk. An yea im updated far as i know. This is the absolutely worst phone data/connectivity wise I believe I've ever had. And I've had a bunch of phones over the years. It's not necessarily a phone problem I believe it's because it's on Verizon's Network an so restricted. Even checked its on thete cdma less program or whatever ya call it. Dont believe theres much more i can do. Metropcscs is running a deal tomorrow on the Norf 5g for 69.99. believe im gonna get 1 an dump this oneplus 8.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210115-025150.jpg
    Screenshot_20210115-025150.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 113

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Could be but im in clearwater fl so idk. An yea im updated far as i know. This is the absolutely worst phone data/connectivity wise I believe I've ever had. And I've had a bunch of phones over the years. It's not necessarily a phone problem I believe it's because it's on Verizon's Network an so restricted. Even checked its on thete cdma less program or whatever ya call it. Dont believe theres much more i can do. Metropcscs is running a deal tomorrow on the Norf 5g for 69.99. believe im gonna get 1 an dump this oneplus 8.
Request another SIM Card and that will determine if the issue is based upon the area you are in.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm on A11. So I'll just chill till I hear the good news.
Good news is. You can flash kernels through ex-kernel manager off playstore . You can patch boot image with magisk manager and flash in fastboot. And all roms flash through fastboot as well. Twrp will indeed make our lives easier for back-up and restore. Everything is a go for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: plupien79

plupien79

Sep 20, 2011
Presque Isle
OnePlus 8
Good news is. You can flash kernels through ex-kernel manager off playstore . You can patch boot image with magisk manager and flash in fastboot. And all roms flash through fastboot as well. Twrp will indeed make our lives easier for back-up and restore. Everything is a go for us.
All I need now is to do 5 years of catchup since I've been out of the loop. Am I crazy or are the files we need for this exact phone just plain hard to find?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can confirm a working method is available, PM me if you are interested, it will not be posted publicly.
    I never got a reply to any of my private messages asking about the bootloader unlock, so here's the progress I've gotten on my own -

The Verizon ops files use slightly different crypto than the other variants like T-Mobile
    Code:
    mbox=        [0xAA,0x69,0x82,0x9E,0x5D,0xDE,0xB1,0x3D,0x30,0xBB,
                  0x81,0xA3,0x46,0x65,0xA3,0xE1,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,
                  0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,
                  0x0a,0x00]

Code:
    Oppo CryptTools V1.2 (c) B. Kerler 2019-2020
    MIT License
    ----------------------------

Extracting instantnoodlev_15_O.07_201103.ops
    xml: 153330e00
    Extracting prog_firehose_ddr.elf
    Extracting prog_firehose_lite.elf

With a bit of editing it's possible to reflash the phone to instantnoodlet_15_O.16_201001.ops (the T-Mobile variant) -- edit settings.xml and change the <BasicInfo> and <Target ID> tags.

With this comes the "OEM unlock" toggle in Developer settings, unfortunately ....

Code:
    fastboot oem unlock
    FAILED (remote: 'Please flash unlock token first.')

Code:
    fastboot.exe oem get_unlock_code
    FAILED (remote: Unknow command)

So, no bootloader unlock yet, but it is happily running the T-Mobile firmware.
    (wifi, LTE and fingerprint appear working fine)

I may take another stab at it later using an EU or international firmware and see if that behaves any different.
    Whatever... I'll bite the bullet. Just ordered one 5 minutes ago and I'll get it on the 6th. Let's see where we end up.
    Here is some proof. And yes he will answer on his time. Sorry that's all I can tell you. Verizon op8 unlocked running pixel experience spoofed as a pixel 4 for all the nifty features. Call screen -assistant 2.0. magisk rooted passing all safety nets,clean slate kernel

Good to hear, guess i'll keep waiting. Do like the feel and speed of the phone, definitely out performs my Moto z4