• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OnePlusCamera on LOS 18.1

Search This thread

badsleep

Aug 5, 2021
I've been having a hard time finding my way around the camera situation on LOS. I've been reading a few threads, somewhere people suggest that it's not possible to port it because it needs to be baked into the ROM. In other situations people seem to refer to the now deprecated oyx-fi module for Magisk.

I tried tinkering around, i unpacked the OTA image and tried to push OnePlusCamera to /system/system_ext/priv-app as it's configured on the stock firmware but besides running out of space (partition has 29MB left and the app itself is over 130MB in size) adb disable-verity made the phone unstable and lead to the Qualcomm Crash Dump screen within a minute or two. Pushing libsnpe_dsp_v66_domains_v2_skel.so alone apparently wasn't enough either to do the magic. I thought about setting a softlink but since the phone would crash, i gave up on that method since i don't know how deal with such issues.

Based on a logs from a normal install i would assume that some services/applications might be missing that are essential for OPCam to work. One of the errors being:

Code:
[08-05 13:11:18.371 4892:4892 E/CameraActivity]
getRequiredPermissions() - failed
android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: com.oneplus.camera.CAMERA_SERVICE
    at android.app.ApplicationPackageManager.getPermissionInfo(ApplicationPackageManager.java:375)
    at com.oneplus.camera.CameraActivity.getRequiredPermissions(CameraActivity.kt:2255)
    at com.oneplus.camera.CameraActivity.requestRequiredPermissions(CameraActivity.kt:4200)
    at com.oneplus.camera.CameraActivity.onResume(CameraActivity.kt:3679)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnResume(Instrumentation.java:1456)
    at android.app.Activity.performResume(Activity.java:8129)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:4428)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:4470)
    at android.app.servertransaction.ResumeActivityItem.execute(ResumeActivityItem.java:52)
    at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeLifecycleState(TransactionExecutor.java:176)
    at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(TransactionExecutor.java:97)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2066)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:223)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7664)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:592)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:947)

I tried installing OnePlusCameraService.apk but it resulted in the issue below.

Code:
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE: Reconciliation failed...: Reconcile failed: Package com.oneplus.camera.service has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!]

If anyone would fancy to have a look at the logcat output to hint me in a direction, that would be much appreciated. My knowledge around android is pretty poor and googling only does so much. All I'm doing is trial and error .... The reason for all this is because I'd prefer to get the stock camera working, with vendor sources, as i have little trust in the random apks and configs that people upload to whatever platform and it would be to sad not to be able to use the otherwise pretty good camera.

Thanks in advance for help

Last edited: