• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OneUI 2.0 for the Galaxy A20 (Android 10)

Do you intend to upgrade to OneUI 2.0?

• Not sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Roydpeter

Sep 29, 2019
Mine will be last
A205yn
I am pretty sure that mine will be the last A205F

PS
Is anyone here from Chile and has installed Android 10 on their A20? I am really worried about that update. I have seen what Android 10 update has done to the Samsung A10. It is now a laggy mess especially in games. Most games have greyed out higher Graphical settings for it that were once available on Android 9.

I thought Samsung might fix the stutters that I experience on the A20 while in menu's and scrolling and switching between apps. Some games won't run smoothly at all too at the lowest settings yet it should be able to.

I am eager to see an honest review of that update. Honest.

Last edited:

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
I am pretty sure that mine will be the last A205FN.

PS
Is anyone here from Chile and has installed Android 10 on their A20? I am really worried about that update. I have seen what Android 10 update has done to the Samsung A10. It is now a laggy mess especially in games. Most games have greyed out higher Graphical settings for it that were once available on Android 9.

I thought Samsung might fix the stutters that I experience on the A20 while in menu's and scrolling and switching between apps. Some games won't run smoothly at all too at the lowest settings yet it should be able to.

There's one there already

https://samfrew.com/model/SM-A205FN/

Maybeyou

Mar 18, 2020
I am pretty sure that mine will be the last A205FN.

PS

Yes I have heard about this lagging and even freezing issues concerning android 10 too, and it doesn't only affect the A series but even the Pixels phones amongst others of high grade phones.
Android central website says it's an operating system issue. But if Pixel phones are freezing and lagging this A20 can't stood a chance ?? and would probably just stuck there FOREVER!! Especially without being able to remove the battery to instinctively fix the issue ???

Last edited:

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
Yes I have heard about this lagging and even freezing issues concerning android 10 too, and it doesn't only affect the A series but even the Pixels phones amongst others of high grade phones.
Android central website says it's an operating system issue. But if Pixel phones are freezing and lagging this A20 can't stood a chance ? and would probably just stuck there FOREVER!! Especially without being able to remove the battery to instinctively fix the issue ?

I think that's more to do with the kernel than the Android version
We already have a new kernel available on the Ultimate Q thread.

Last edited:

Maybeyou

Mar 18, 2020
I think that's more to do with the kernel than the Android version
We already have a new kernel available on the Ultimate Q thread.

Kernel? Omg, sorry Very Interesting word for me.. I totally forgot that I used to modify linux kernels, but since last year I don't even own a PC, I guess I'm damned with all the things I've done to the "Torvalds" linux kernel :rolleyes: , tons of parameters to tick and to rebuild.. anyway Yes it might be the case, an upgrade related issue with a not-so-well modified kernel maybe :laugh:

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
I don't use the phone for heavy things or games and never benchmarked it so no idea about performance. I can only tell that I like OneUI 2's design improvements and smoother animations.

LOL, someone else that uses a phone as a phone. My wife has this phone and it's smooth with no lag. Other than the cameras everyday use is almost comparable to my S10.

Roydpeter

Sep 29, 2019
LOL, someone else that uses a phone as a phone. My wife has this phone and it's smooth with no lag. Other than the cameras everyday use is almost comparable to my S10.
You are lying through your teeth. It's pathetic really. A bad choice is a bad choice. There is no need for buyer's remorse! Don't defend a bad phone.

1. This phone can't manage to go from Landscape oriented apps to the recent apps page without getting bugged out and laggy.

2. The Camera only shines in good lighting conditions. The photos it takes have zero details though and cannot be zoomed in.

3. It's a cheap camera of course so zero optical stabilisation. The video that the camera takes are some of the worst videos in human existence.

4. The share function takes forever to load especially from the gallery/my files/videos app. Over 3 seconds.

5. Cold launching/New launching system apps takes forever when compared to cheaper phones. Phones that are similarly prices obliterates the A20. Especially the settings app which is a laggy mess. Every menu on the settings app doesn't respond immediately. The phone chugs and slows down in every menu that one clicks.

6. It doesn't even have a light proximity sensor. Or even a light sensor. The auto brightness is horrible. It also doesn't turn off the screen when one receives calls.

7. Depending on your region, 5ghz WiFi is disabled. 4G band 28,7 etc are disabled. It doesn't support AR. It doesn't support Camera api 2.0. A myriad of stuff has been disabled.

8. Why is the screen not fully HD for its price?

And you lie and say that it's comparable to an S10?! Dude, why don't you try and disapprove me? Post a short video. Go into a heavy landscape app and then try to go to the recent apps section. Or try to share a file using the files app. Basic things lag like crazy on this piece of **** phone!

I have a $100 no name Chinese phone with a Mediatek p21, over 3 years old, that is faster than this crap.

Hell, I have tested the A10S with its MTK chipset and its insane fast when compared to this pos.

For its price, a Xiaomi 8 or Note 7/8 over-performs this pos! I made a bad choice. So did you. Live with it. There is no need of lying. I only need just 1 simple evidence whichever you choose that this phone performs better than any phone similarly priced and I'll shut up.

physwizz

Sep 16, 2013
Sydney
You are lying through your teeth. It's pathetic really. A bad choice is a bad choice. There is no need for buyer's remorse! Don't defend a bad phone.

1. This phone can't manage to go from Landscape oriented apps to the recent apps page without getting bugged out and laggy.

2. The Camera only shines in good lighting conditions. The photos it takes have zero details though and cannot be zoomed in.

3. It's a cheap camera of course so zero optical stabilisation. The video that the camera takes are some of the worst videos in human existence.

4. The share function takes forever to load especially from the gallery/my files/videos app. Over 3 seconds.

5. Cold launching/New launching system apps takes forever when compared to cheaper phones. Phones that are similarly prices obliterates the A20. Especially the settings app which is a laggy mess. Every menu on the settings app doesn't respond immediately. The phone chugs and slows down in every menu that one clicks.

6. It doesn't even have a light proximity sensor. Or even a light sensor. The auto brightness is horrible. It also doesn't turn off the screen when one receives calls.

7. Depending on your region, 5ghz WiFi is disabled. 4G band 28,7 etc are disabled. It doesn't support AR. It doesn't support Camera api 2.0. A myriad of stuff has been disabled.

And you lie and say that it's comparable to an S10?! Dude, why don't you try and disapprove me? Post a short video. Go into a heavy landscape app and then try to go to the recent apps section. Or try to share a file using the files app. Basic things lag like crazy on this piece of **** phone!

I have a $100 no name Chinese phone with a Mediatek p21, over 3 years old, that is faster than this crap.

Hell, I have tested the A10S with its MTK chipset and its insane fast when compared to this pos.

For its price, a Xiaomi 8 or Note 7/8 over-performs this pos! I made a bad choice. So did you. Live with it. There is no need of lying. I only need just 1 simple evidence whichever you choose that this phone performs better than any phone similarly priced and I'll shut up.

Please feel free to make comments without denigrating anyone else.
Not everyone has had YOUR previous experience with phones @Tel864 was giving his own personal opinion based on his own previous experience.

It is incorrect and inappropriate to say "lying through your teeth" in this context

Last edited:

My A20 does have a proximity sensor and the screen does turn off when I receive calls and put the phone near my ear.

I'm really happy with this phone (probably because my previous one was a Galaxy J2 2015). The screen and the camera quality is very good, and the phone feels really smooth.

Maybeyou

Mar 18, 2020
@Roydpeter i feel some anger in your comment, you should probably throw your A20 out of the window? and buy something else ?
I don't argue about an A20 is not better than the latest S20 or even my previous S7?, but ... it will do what I bought it for, reading and watching videos.
I think you should probably debloat your phone to make it more faster

Roydpeter

Sep 29, 2019
Damn, when samsung said on the Samsung members app notices that my A20 would get Android 10 in June, I thought they were joking. I mean why would the cheaper A10 and A10S receive Android 10 before the A20!

When people started receiving Android 10 in May, I thought I was correct.

Nope, Samsung wasn't joking. The earliest I am getting that update is in June. And if Corona virus continues, I might just get it after a year or so since they suspended the roll out and development all together!

The A205F guys, you can stop holding your breaths. You were to get the update in June not May! And due to Corona, wait for it in 2021 June.

Attachments

• 20200511_095736.jpg
    20200511_095736.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 110

Top Liked Posts