• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

OneUI 2 / Android 10 Beta for Note9 Exynos [SM-N960F][DSLB]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

billozy

Nov 12, 2014
lackawanna
Let me tell you
1 - YouTube VR is not supported in Android 10 (ONEUI 2.0) even in the official build. But it was working fine on Pie.
2- try to switch between recent apps by swiping up and slide. they flicker. I have attached a clip. Check.
3- Camera quality is drastically reduced. Auto focus is not working properly.
4- Stereo Speaker Sound really bad
5- sometimes phone freeze.
6- really bad battery backup.
7- Pip mode is not working. When you interact with the other apps the video playing in the pip mode stop for a second.
8- android 10 gestures are not working with custom Launcher. But Google has fixed this issue in stable android 10.
9 - 5-6 second delay in incoming calls.
10- ram management is not good as it was in pie.
11- even in the android 10 ( Oneui 2.0) it still doesn't show Bluetooth battery level in the notification bar.
12 - Fingerprint unlock is very slow. Face unlock doesn't work properly and iris scanner is worst.
13- abnormal charging speed.

I think you should do a reset, I just updated mine via adb, and the performance is flawless, I thought the last beta was great but the DSLB feels more polished and more of a proper daily driver. Anyway, just wanted to share my experience.

Reactions: adibxx

high_voltage

Jun 7, 2011
Did you FULL RESET your device?

iPhone or OnePlus: O yeahhh -> those are "much" better... :eek:
While I also prefer android and was with android from the start (symbian before that) - what's wrong with the iphones and ios? We all know it's limitation (that are getting less and less with every ios version), but it also got a really strong sides too. Updates and longevity are defo among them + apple fix bugs. Even the super buggy ios 13 flop was fixed for basically 2 months (with decent state after 1 month) and currently ios 13.3 is great even on the iphone 6s (I got one second hand on top of iphone 11 pro max as main device currently, the iphone 6s is smoother and faster vs my exynos note 9 - great, right? ;) ).

As for the android 10, ran the beta and was not impressed. Should check the final... but the performance is not great, I even feel it's the contrary vs android 9. After that we can talk about the sound - to an abusive level bad vs android 9 sound. Worth mentioning is that android 9 released with bad sound too, took samsung 5 months to fix it in an update (with a lot of other stuff, there was quite a lot of bugs/unpolished stuff on the android 9 release and yes, I was a clean flash without any backup restores. Didn't just update from oreo and that's all. I literally wiped my phone and flashed clean stock android 9) and this was when the note 9 was kinda new and less than a year release. How and if they will fix it now when the device is older - who knows. The update that I was hoping will improve a lot under the hood, especially given how close oneUI 2.0 is to oneUI 1.0 - did nothing for our note 9, actually it regressed a lot of strong points as mentioned before.

Reactions: Metal-Freak

lee480

Jun 24, 2012
I think you should do a reset, I just updated mine via adb, and the performance is flawless, I thought the last beta was great but the DSLB feels more polished and more of a proper daily driver. Anyway, just wanted to share my experience.

Swiping up to launch recent menu will show some odd jerky animation.. That doesn't look very polish to me to be honest.

Reactions: kientrongtran

FrXnzizkO01

Dec 31, 2019
Has anyone had the night mode in the front camera ?, I remember that in Beta 3, there were some who kept it and others who were eliminated. Sorry for the previous message in Spanish.

Last edited:

mechrm4

Aug 16, 2016
Got the stable update here in india! A few things to note...
1. even after updating galaxy store, there isn't a dark mode for it like in the S10.
2. Google app doesnt have dark mode since the beta release.
3. Night mode for the front having camera is still missing since the last beta update.

a7medfx

Jan 17, 2013
Got the stable update here in india! A few things to note...
1. even after updating galaxy store, there isn't a dark mode for it like in the S10.
2. Google app doesnt have dark mode since the beta release.
3. Night mode for the front having camera is still missing since the last beta update.

Are you sure about point 1. I am on original Android pie and my Galaxy store is in dark mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

OneUI 2 / Android Q Beta OTA Updates for Note9 Exynos

android-10-samsung-one-ui-2.jpg

Disclaimer :

- This is a beta firmware, you could occur some bugs

- Before anything make a full backup, you could lose your personnal data

- In case you will want to downgrade to One UI 1 / Android Pie, your data must be wiped
    Howto : make a SmartSwitch backup and flash at least november rom (CSJ1) with Odin (using CSC_OMC tar, so not HOME_CSC_OMC) or use SmartSwitch for PC/Mac to downgrade​

Requirements :

- For Note9 international exynos : SM-N960F model number

- The phone have to be on full stock N960FXXS4CSJ1/N960FOXM4CSJ1/N960FXXS4CSJ1 firmware

In Settings/About phone/Software information you should see :

- N960FXXS4CSJ1 as Baseband

- PPR1.180610.011.N960FXXS4CSJ1 as Build number

- OXM as part of the first line of Service provider SW ver.

Download links :

- Beta 1 update link - From CSJ1 to ZSK5 firmware / Direct Beta 1 Hotfix update link - From CSJ1 to ZSK7 firmware

- Beta 1 Hotfix update link - From ZSK5 to ZSK7 firmware

- Beta 2 update link - From ZSK7 to ZSKH firmware

- Beta 3 update link - From ZSKH to ZSL7 firmware

- Beta 4 update link - From ZSL7 to ZSLB firmware

- Final update link - From ZSLB to DSLB firmware

Installation guide :

• With ADB :

- Download and extract SDK Platform Tools
    - Rename the downloaded .bin file to update.zip
    - Copy it to the same folder where you previously extracted SDK Platform Tools
    - Reboot your phone in recovery mode (Hold power+bixby+volume up buttons while rebooting)
    - Select Apply update from ADB
    - Plug the phone to your computer and start a terminal in the folder containing the update.zip and the SDK Platform Tools
    - Execute the command ./adb sideload update.zip
    - It will start the update and reboot your phone once it finish

• With a microSD :

- Rename the downloaded .bin file to update.zip
    - Copy it to your microSD
    - Reboot your phone in recovery mode (Hold power+bixby+volume up buttons while rebooting)
    - Select Apply update from SD card
    - Navigate and select the previously copied update.zip
    - It will start the update and reboot your phone once it finish

Latest update added ;)
    4th beta link added ;)

CSC and modem changed from Z to D letter. We are not far from official release :cowboy:
    Beta 3 link added ;)
    Beta 2 A hotfix is here! Look at OP for link.