Search This thread

3arthur6

Sep 15, 2011

OneUI 2 / Android Q Beta OTA Updates for Note9 Exynos

android-10-samsung-one-ui-2.jpg

Disclaimer :

- This is a beta firmware, you could occur some bugs

- Before anything make a full backup, you could lose your personnal data

- In case you will want to downgrade to One UI 1 / Android Pie, your data must be wiped
Howto : make a SmartSwitch backup and flash at least november rom (CSJ1) with Odin (using CSC_OMC tar, so not HOME_CSC_OMC) or use SmartSwitch for PC/Mac to downgrade​

Requirements :

- For Note9 international exynos : SM-N960F model number

- The phone have to be on full stock N960FXXS4CSJ1/N960FOXM4CSJ1/N960FXXS4CSJ1 firmware

In Settings/About phone/Software information you should see :

- N960FXXS4CSJ1 as Baseband

- PPR1.180610.011.N960FXXS4CSJ1 as Build number

- OXM as part of the first line of Service provider SW ver.

Download links :

- Beta 1 update link - From CSJ1 to ZSK5 firmware / Direct Beta 1 Hotfix update link - From CSJ1 to ZSK7 firmware

- Beta 1 Hotfix update link - From ZSK5 to ZSK7 firmware

- Beta 2 update link - From ZSK7 to ZSKH firmware

- Beta 3 update link - From ZSKH to ZSL7 firmware

- Beta 4 update link - From ZSL7 to ZSLB firmware

- Final update link - From ZSLB to DSLB firmware

Installation guide :

• With ADB :

- Download and extract SDK Platform Tools
- Rename the downloaded .bin file to update.zip
- Copy it to the same folder where you previously extracted SDK Platform Tools
- Reboot your phone in recovery mode (Hold power+bixby+volume up buttons while rebooting)
- Select Apply update from ADB
- Plug the phone to your computer and start a terminal in the folder containing the update.zip and the SDK Platform Tools
- Execute the command ./adb sideload update.zip
- It will start the update and reboot your phone once it finish

• With a microSD :

- Copy it to your microSD
- Reboot your phone in recovery mode (Hold power+bixby+volume up buttons while rebooting)
- Select Apply update from SD card
- Navigate and select the previously copied update.zip

Last edited:

yasin_bulut27

Jan 23, 2019
How instal

SM-N960F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Plz

SM-N960F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

hinnn

Jul 18, 2012
Sydney
i021.net
I changed my CSC to XEU, now I can see the banner for OneUI 2.0 beta program,

But cannot register because I don't have UK sim card.
Looks cannot see this banner or cannot register anymore once I upgraded to OneUI 2.0 by sideload, right?

high_voltage

Jun 7, 2011
I changed my CSC to XEU, now I can see the banner for OneUI 2.0 beta program,

But cannot register because I don't have UK sim card.
Looks cannot see this banner or cannot register anymore once I upgraded to OneUI 2.0 by sideload, right?
As the previous year, every beta release should be shared from a fellow member on his good will and applied manually. There is no way to get the OTAs or initial beta rollout if you are not with a UK sim card (in that case or other country if they release it there and the build is for there).

XakFak

Dec 6, 2013
Moscow
Can anyone share ota update.zip from n960fxxs3csi5 to new N960FXXS4CSJ1/N960FOXM4CSJ1/N960FXXS4CSJ1*firmware

Well, it's quite solid for an Initial Beta.

I like the Google Nav Bar gestures, but man i need to get used to it, really struggling to understand "Recent Apps" switching.
What i absolutely loved was the reintroduction of white listing apps on Device Care/Battery.

Obviously, there are some annoyances too.
One was the empty and useless space that is left under the keyboard, which later i found out can be removed on the Nav Bar settings.
Force Dark Mode on developer settings seems to force a few eye damaging apps in to somehow-darkmode that dont support it, which is acceptable especially for Facebook, but weirdly seems to convert a few Dark Mode compatible apps back to a mixture of Light and Dark mode, in this case, Facebook Messenger is rendered useless.
That said, this is a beta and was very much expected. Next to be seen is battery life, which of course i am not having any hopes there either. Pretty sure it'll be hard to match the 24h battery life with 7h SoT.

charackthe

Mar 20, 2015
Is the stock only way to go or is there a root option for Q beta?
Like flashing on top of rooted Pie or using the Pie root method etc.

Last edited:

xantrk

Nov 9, 2011
Well, it's quite solid for an Initial Beta.

I like the Google Nav Bar gestures, but man i need to get used to it, really struggling to understand "Recent Apps" switching.
What i absolutely loved was the reintroduction of white listing apps on Device Care/Battery.

Obviously, there are some annoyances too.
One was the empty and useless space that is left under the keyboard, which later i found out can be removed on the Nav Bar settings.
Force Dark Mode on developer settings seems to force a few eye damaging apps in to somehow-darkmode that dont support it, which is acceptable especially for Facebook, but weirdly seems to convert a few Dark Mode compatible apps back to a mixture of Light and Dark mode, in this case, Facebook Messenger is rendered useless.
That said, this is a beta and was very much expected. Next to be seen is battery life, which of course i am not having any hopes there either. Pretty sure it'll be hard to match the 24h battery life with 7h SoT.

My only annoyances apart from some little hickups:
Stock samsung internet browser not working without private dns somehow. Beta samsung internet works fine.
Some stutters, flashes with app switching.
Lasly, random appearence of google assistant hints while gesture hints are off.
Oh I forgot to add, battery info is horrible, no screen on time etc and it is a bit buggy when you click to times.

sarulja

Jan 4, 2019
My only annoyances apart from some little hickups:

Stock samsung internet browser not working without private dns somehow. Beta samsung internet works fine.

Some stutters, flashes with app switching.

Lasly, random appearence of google assistant hints while gesture hints are off.

Oh I forgot to add, battery info is horrible, no screen on time etc and it is a bit buggy when you click to times.
There is SOT, pretty much at the same place. Battery usage and then beneath chart.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

xantrk

Nov 9, 2011
There is SOT, pretty much at the same place. Battery usage and then beneath chart.

Sorry this is not what I meant but sentence is clearly wrong. There is SOT but it is for the day, not from unlock as far as I understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

OneUI 2 / Android Q Beta OTA Updates for Note9 Exynos

android-10-samsung-one-ui-2.jpg

Disclaimer :

- This is a beta firmware, you could occur some bugs

- Before anything make a full backup, you could lose your personnal data

- In case you will want to downgrade to One UI 1 / Android Pie, your data must be wiped
    Howto : make a SmartSwitch backup and flash at least november rom (CSJ1) with Odin (using CSC_OMC tar, so not HOME_CSC_OMC) or use SmartSwitch for PC/Mac to downgrade​

Requirements :

- For Note9 international exynos : SM-N960F model number

- The phone have to be on full stock N960FXXS4CSJ1/N960FOXM4CSJ1/N960FXXS4CSJ1 firmware

In Settings/About phone/Software information you should see :

- N960FXXS4CSJ1 as Baseband

- PPR1.180610.011.N960FXXS4CSJ1 as Build number

- OXM as part of the first line of Service provider SW ver.

Download links :

- Beta 1 update link - From CSJ1 to ZSK5 firmware / Direct Beta 1 Hotfix update link - From CSJ1 to ZSK7 firmware

- Beta 1 Hotfix update link - From ZSK5 to ZSK7 firmware

- Beta 2 update link - From ZSK7 to ZSKH firmware

- Beta 3 update link - From ZSKH to ZSL7 firmware

- Beta 4 update link - From ZSL7 to ZSLB firmware

- Final update link - From ZSLB to DSLB firmware

Installation guide :

• With ADB :

- Download and extract SDK Platform Tools
    - Copy it to the same folder where you previously extracted SDK Platform Tools
    - Select Apply update from ADB
    - Plug the phone to your computer and start a terminal in the folder containing the update.zip and the SDK Platform Tools
    - Execute the command ./adb sideload update.zip

• With a microSD :

- Copy it to your microSD
    - Select Apply update from SD card
    - Navigate and select the previously copied update.zip

Latest update added ;)
    4th beta link added ;)

CSC and modem changed from Z to D letter. We are not far from official release :cowboy:
    Beta 3 link added ;)
    Beta 2 A hotfix is here! Look at OP for link.