Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
Android10 Note9 Odin-files

tOqOnc.png

Their battery health is bad and this the phone throttled at HALF the frequency and this leads to more than half perf hit in a lot of scenarios. Can be turned off, but they risk unwanted sudden shutdown because the battery can’t provide the power needed in peak consumption scenarios. Simple fix is to change the battery for 15$-20$ or 50$ if at apple representative. The battery is over 4 years old on the 6s and 5 years old on the 6 anyway, what you expect? To use a phone daily for over 4-5 years and not replacing the battery?

If not throttled and with decent configuration (a lot of cases in both android and ios, where the user do stupid things leading to his problems) - the 6s is super fast and fluid. 6 is totally different beast and a lot lot weaker than the 6s + half the RAM at only 1GB, but if the battery is decent and the phone not throttled - it works good too. Rofl, you clearly know sh*t about iphones, but fanboy style jump to talk about your s9 that will be abandoned soon while apple released security update this summer for iphone 5 and 4s (2012 and 2011 respectably) and still update fully the 6s with day one updating like the 11 series and betas. How is the galaxy s6 from 2015 doing update wise? On what android it was abandoned? Android 7? Nice support for the phones priced not that far vs the iphone price. Back in the days the best android phone coated HALF the iphone price and the two years support was ok, albeit not great. Nowdays with the similar price - there is no excuse for that to continue.
Oh sorry I forgot to mention that he replaced the battery, and this issue is still happening.
I know it isn't an excuse for samsung to release just 2 major updates, but my friends iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s have a lot of weird stuff happening sometimes. I just can't live with this... So I prefer staying with a stable software rather than updating and have a lot of bugs...

JohnnyGT

Jun 17, 2008
Land of the long white cloud , NZ

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200102-225837_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200102-225837_Google.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 471
  • Screenshot_20200102-225842_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200102-225842_Google.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:

high_voltage

Jun 7, 2011
Oh sorry I forgot to mention that he replaced the battery, and this issue is still happening.
I know it isn't an excuse for samsung to release just 2 major updates, but my friends iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s have a lot of weird stuff happening sometimes. I just can't live with this... So I prefer staying with a stable software rather than updating and have a lot of bugs...
What bugs? I have a second hand 6s 16GB running ios 13.3.1 beta - I can't find a single bug and I use a lot more than facebook and safari, i.e. what the average user uses. I found bugs in earlier ios 13 versions, but apple flop hard with ios 13 in general, it was super buggy no matter if iphone 6s or iphone 11 pro max. All ironed out till now (took them around 1 month for the major issues and 2 months for the rest), tell your friends to update to latest and to turn off the low power mode if they got it on. Also iphone 6 is up to ios 12.X.X, didn't receive ios 13 and ios 12 is quite stable. Our NOC team have iphone 6 and it runs great. If they face issues, they can try a clean reinstall of the OS and backup restore.

tl:dr No matter the OS, if someone doesn't know what he is doing, he can totally ruin the phone experience - be it a poor battery life, poor performance or buggy state.

What bugs? I have a second hand 6s 16GB running ios 13.3.1 beta - I can't find a single bug and I use a lot more than facebook and safari, i.e. what the average user uses. I found bugs in earlier ios 13 versions, but apple flop hard with ios 13 in general, it was super buggy no matter if iphone 6s or iphone 11 pro max. All ironed out till now (took them around 1 month for the major issues and 2 months for the rest), tell your friends to update to latest and to turn off the low power mode if they got it on. Also iphone 6 is up to ios 12.X.X, didn't receive ios 13 and ios 12 is quite stable. Our NOC team have iphone 6 and it runs great. If they face issues, they can try a clean reinstall of the OS and backup restore.

tl:dr No matter the OS, if someone doesn't know what he is doing, he can totally ruin the phone experience - be it a poor battery life, poor performance or buggy state.
I agree that the iPhone 6s is holding pretty well, but it isn't faster than the note 9. Just have some whatsapp chats on the iPhone 6s and the app will take forever to load, I saw this in every old iPhone I saw.

JohnnyGT

Jun 17, 2008
Land of the long white cloud , NZ

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200103-080831_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200103-080831_Chrome.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 486
  • Screenshot_20200103-080839_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200103-080839_Chrome.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 476
  • Screenshot_20200103-080850_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200103-080850_Chrome.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 470
  • Screenshot_20200103-080859_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200103-080859_Chrome.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

OneUI 2 / Android Q Beta OTA Updates for Note9 Exynos

android-10-samsung-one-ui-2.jpg

Disclaimer :

- This is a beta firmware, you could occur some bugs

- Before anything make a full backup, you could lose your personnal data

- In case you will want to downgrade to One UI 1 / Android Pie, your data must be wiped
    Howto : make a SmartSwitch backup and flash at least november rom (CSJ1) with Odin (using CSC_OMC tar, so not HOME_CSC_OMC) or use SmartSwitch for PC/Mac to downgrade​

Requirements :

- For Note9 international exynos : SM-N960F model number

- The phone have to be on full stock N960FXXS4CSJ1/N960FOXM4CSJ1/N960FXXS4CSJ1 firmware

In Settings/About phone/Software information you should see :

- N960FXXS4CSJ1 as Baseband

- PPR1.180610.011.N960FXXS4CSJ1 as Build number

- OXM as part of the first line of Service provider SW ver.

Download links :

- Beta 1 update link - From CSJ1 to ZSK5 firmware / Direct Beta 1 Hotfix update link - From CSJ1 to ZSK7 firmware

- Beta 1 Hotfix update link - From ZSK5 to ZSK7 firmware

- Beta 2 update link - From ZSK7 to ZSKH firmware

- Beta 3 update link - From ZSKH to ZSL7 firmware

- Beta 4 update link - From ZSL7 to ZSLB firmware

- Final update link - From ZSLB to DSLB firmware

Installation guide :

• With ADB :

- Download and extract SDK Platform Tools
    - Rename the downloaded .bin file to update.zip
    - Copy it to the same folder where you previously extracted SDK Platform Tools
    - Reboot your phone in recovery mode (Hold power+bixby+volume up buttons while rebooting)
    - Select Apply update from ADB
    - Plug the phone to your computer and start a terminal in the folder containing the update.zip and the SDK Platform Tools
    - Execute the command ./adb sideload update.zip
    - It will start the update and reboot your phone once it finish

• With a microSD :

- Rename the downloaded .bin file to update.zip
    - Copy it to your microSD
    - Reboot your phone in recovery mode (Hold power+bixby+volume up buttons while rebooting)
    - Select Apply update from SD card
    - Navigate and select the previously copied update.zip
    - It will start the update and reboot your phone once it finish

Latest update added ;)
    4th beta link added ;)

CSC and modem changed from Z to D letter. We are not far from official release :cowboy:
    Beta 3 link added ;)
    Beta 2 A hotfix is here! Look at OP for link.