[OneUI 3.0 Beta] (EXYNOS) Galaxy S10/+/e Beta Thread, Update.zip files

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 8730448

@AhmedMomen One question: do you know how many users here have an S10 (G973F)? Because on Note 10 thread there is just the Plus update (and the same thing could happens here). :-/

@AhmedMomen One question: do you know how many users here have an S10 (G973F)? Because on Note 10 thread there is just the Plus update (and the same thing could happens here). :-/
I'm not exactly sure tbh, maybe people can say what device they are using. I have made this thread for the 3 models. The s10 and the plus and the e.

worf_1977

Jul 28, 2011
Barcelona
Installed and running flawlessly so far.
With exception of a System crash at boot...

So far, I don't see any differences. But I will wait until I got any notification.

What was changed is the keyboard (and seems to have forgotten English dictionary as well).

Apart from that, as I said, no problems so far.
Will check battery life today.

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

olo320i

Jun 10, 2013
Capital City of UK
I got it 973f in the uk. I wanted to grab link using canary but every time when i start canary apk update download stopping. When I force stop canary, update could be resumed.

D

Deleted member 8730448

System has crashed.
Close or application info.

Seems a legit crash to me.
Nevertheless,once is automatically restarted, works pretty well.

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

Oh...you mean the System service has crashed. I though you referring to the entirely system xD.

However I will se if i can repro this bug after the end of installation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    c8dPUdu.png

(EXYNOS ONLY) Samsung Galaxy S10 series OneUI 3.0 Android 11 Beta Thread.

Samsung has started the Android 11 Beta program for the Galaxy S10 series

This thread will be for sharing tips and help and update.zip/.bin files (when available) for the upcoming OneUI 3.0 Android 11 Beta for the Galaxy S10 series (Exynos/International/Unlocked) version.

Eligible models
    -Galaxy S10e (SM-G970F)
    -Galaxy S10 (SM-G973F)
    -Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F)

ADB-method:
    1. Download SDK platform tools from here https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
    2. Extract them on your desktop.
    3. Inside the extracted folder put the update.zip
    4. Inside this folder, holding left shift, right click the mouse and select "open command prompt here". The command prompt will open.
    5. Shutdown the phone.
    6. Holding power+bixby+volume up buttons, enter into recovery mode.
    7. Select "update via ADB". (you scroll down using the volume buttons and select using the power button).
    8. Connect the phone to the PC using original samsung USB cable.
    9. In the command prompt run the following command:
    ./adb devices
    10. Wait to see that the daemon has started and that your device is found.
    11. If you device is found, run the following command:
    ./adb sideload update.zip

SD-card method:
    1. Download the bin file and rename it to update.zip (by going to file options in win10 you can select to view the file extensions. This makes the renaming process much easier and safer, and avoids renaming the file to update.zip.zip)
    2. Copy it to the root directory of your SDcard.
    3. Shut down your phone.
    4. Hold simultaneously Power+bixby+volume up buttons to get into stock recovery.
    5. Using your volume keys navigate to "update via SdCard" and press power button to select it.
    6. Again using volume keys navigate to the file "update.zip" and press power button to select it.
    7. Update will start. Leave it till it completes. It will take some time.
    8. Phone will reboot by itself and load android.

The update process will start. You will see a percentage counting. First it will verify, then patch etc. Do not move the cable, disconnect the phone or power off the PC.
    Once the process is completed (it takes some time) the phone will boot itself, update the apps and log into your home screen.

This will not trip knox if done by the methods above

Don't
    install a beta unless you are fully aware what you are going into.

Don't install the beta if you want your phone to be stable, IT'S a BETA.
    Please don't keep asking over and over again about the update.zip files, If it's available then it will be present in the latest posts or in this thread. If not then no one has pulled it yet.

It's recommended to make a backup of your data before updating to the Android 11 Beta.

-Update.zip FOTA links:

S10e (SM-G970F):
    Beta 1 DTJA -> ZTKF

Direct Link to Beta 2 from Android 10 (DTL1):
    Beta 2 DTL1 -> ZTL8

S10 (SM-G973F):
    Beta 1 DTJA -> ZTKF
    Beta 2 ZTKF -> ZTL8

Direct link to Beta 2 from Android 10 (DTL1):
    Beta 2 DTL1 -> ZTL8

S10+ (SM-G975F):
    Beta 1 DTJA -> ZTKF
    Beta 2 ZTKF -> ZTL8
    Beta 3 ZTL8 -> ZTLJ
    OneUI 3.1 EUA4 -> FUBD thanks to @AndrzejDwo
    S10 5G (SM-G977N):
    Beta 1 DTJ8 -> ZTKF
    Beta 2 ZTKF -> ZTL8

-Update.zip Gdrive Links:
    In case links above are not working for you.

S10e (SM-G970F):
    Beta 1 (DTJA -> ZTKF)
    GDrive Link

S10 (SM-G973F):
    Beta 1 (DTJA -> ZTKF)
    GDrive Link

S10+ (SM-G975F):
    Beta 1 (DTJA -> ZTKF)
    GDrive Link

As of Beta 1, when you try to update to Beta 2 with SD Card method, adb will not recognize the SD Card for some reason, you will need to use the ADB method in order to flash Beta 2.

Rename the .bin file to update.zip in order to be able to flash it from recovery.

A common mistake done by some people is that they see the file name update while its a WinRAR.zip file already, then they add another .zip making the name of the file update.zip.zip which will not be flashed successfully, Make sure you do it right.

Important Notes:
    1. You cannot go into recovery using the old method in this beta, However, there are two work arounds

Method 1:
    1. Connect your phone to your PC (Make sure USB debugging is on).
    2. Using ADB, enter the command ./adb reboot recovery
    3. Wait a little and you should be in recovery mode.

Method 2:
    1. Power off your device
    2. Connect your device to a PC or use the AKG earphones.
    3. Hold down Volume up + Bixby + Power buttons and keep pressing them until you enter recovery mode.

2. GPay Does not work in the Beta, And will continue not to work until the stable version gets released.

Updating to the beta is AT YOUR RISK, No one is responsible if anything goes wrong.

You will not receive OTAs again UNTIL you are on a firmware that gets released for your CSC, thats most likely not happening before the BETA is over.

Small note:

My S10+ device isn't from a country that has a beta program, so i will not be able to pull the update.zip file unfortunately, But i will try my BEST to keep the thread updated with the latest beta update.zip file (If/when someone pulls it)

How to capture the update.zip file to share with other people:
    1. Download HTTP canary app from playstore
    2. Open HTTP Canary app
    3. Start the update by pressing "download" and don't pause it
    4. Go back to canary app and start it and it will grab the link for you

This thread was heavily inspired by @henklbr's great efforts in the last beta threads for different samsung devices, Also thanks to him for letting me copy little parts from his threads.
    Some of you guys are behaving like kids with no real world experience or knowledge of how software development, or indeed IT projects, work. If you think the Samsung devs are so incompetent maybe you should prove it by developing the software for them and releasing it before they do.

IRL Samsung has deployed a BETA testing program in multiple regions of the world in different languages on multiple devices with multiple SOC & region specific software customisation. They are getting the feedback relating to issues from those enrolled in the program and then working to fix those issues. Keep in mind that those enrolled in the program are a minute subset of the Samsung user base and so far they have a relatively stable BETA with some issues that have been identified which they need to fix, test internally & then decide if they can move the software from the BETA testing phase to stable or release the update as a stable build. They may actually be in the phase of internal testing where they are ensuring that everything is working well and submitting the update for Google Certification before deployment. This is a critical phase because if you release the software to the general public and there is a critical flaw, you're looking at millions of devices being affected and potentially billions in reputation damage.

You can keep shouting & having a tantrum on the internet if you want but all it shows is your lack of thought & knowledge. Grow up.
    BETA 2 update for SM-G973F (S10) BTU ZTKF --> ZTL8

Update information

AP: G973FXXU9ZTL8
    CSC: G973FOXM9ZTL8
    Modem: G973FXXU9ZTL7

build_date= Thu Dec 10 22:23:25 KST 2020
    security_patch_version= 2020-12-01

csc_information= OXM(ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI BTC BTU CAC CAM CAU CHO COO CPW DBT DKR DOO ECT EGY EMP EON EUR GLB GTO ILO ILP INS ITV KSA LAO LUX LYS MAT MID MM1 MWD MXO MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PEO PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SER SIO SIN SKZ SLK SMA SMP STH THL THR TKD TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR XEF XEH XEO XEU XFA XFE XFV XME XSG XSP XTC XXV TEL VAU OPS NZC TNZ VNZ XSA XNZ XEZ)

Screenshot_20201215-034546_Settings.jpg