[OneUI 3.0 Beta] [EXYNOS / International] S20/+/Ultra Beta thread, Update.zip Files

Search This thread

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Sorry, I don't speak English and maybe I'm not explaining myself well, ADB will use it well, I can restart the phone with it and enter recovery, if I try to enter download mode the red letters appear and it does not go from there it remains as dead, odin does not recognize the pc neither ADB either, I have to turn off the mobile manually, but it does not enter the dowload mode in any way.

Did you try entering download mode via ADB?

adb reboot download

Yeisonp

Mar 1, 2010
Cartagena
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi, I have the same problem, I still can't find a solution. Anyone who can help us? It stays in the phrase entering fastboot mode in red and from there it does not happen, I tried with the command. \ Adb fastboot devices but nothing ... I don't know what to do.
i have the same problem too... when i connected my phone to pc, dont recognize and i cant enter to fastboot reboot ...

i just connect my device over wifi with remote debugging, but i cant do it with fastboot...

any solution guys?

Andres-3Dfx

Dec 2, 2017
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
i have the same problem too... when i connected my phone to pc, dont recognize and i cant enter to fastboot reboot ...

i just connect my device over wifi with remote debugging, but i cant do it with fastboot...

any solution guys?

Yes, try, I was able to flash the fw entering Odin mode (turn off phone, push both vol buttons and plug in cable connected to PC). Still facing that screen if i try to enter bootloader mode. At least there's a way to flash.

Darkat70

Dec 1, 2010
I use ADB Appcontrol from a developer on this forum, just connect to pc and select what boot mode you want, no key pressing or switching off first.

Reactions: carlitobahsoun

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
Bratislava
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Bug for sure, with Android 10 no mobile network problem but with 11 i have big problems with mobile network conections...
tried factory reset? many problems after upgrade are caused because of incorrect user data from previous version of OS that could not be updated.

try to flash again with odin but with full wipe (CSC instead od HOME_CSC), also, since there are now 3 stable versions (as far as I know), flash the one that corresponds to your region/carrier.

Reactions: Nmc_alves®
tried factory reset? many problems after upgrade are caused because of incorrect user data from previous version of OS that could not be updated.

try to flash again with odin but with full wipe (CSC instead od HOME_CSC), also, since there are now 3 stable versions (as far as I know), flash the one that corresponds to your region/carrier.
Yes, i ave clean flash my divice directly android 11 with factory reset and CSC, not HOME_CSC...
But the problem is alwais there, but not with betas 1 to 6 DBT... Only with beta 7 ,8 and final version... and the last one too...

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
Bratislava
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yes, i ave clean flash my divice directly android 11 with factory reset and CSC, not HOME_CSC...
But the problem is alwais there, but not with betas 1 to 6 DBT... Only with beta 7 ,8 and final version... and the last one too...
maybe you could try flashing CP (which contains modem partition) from latest beta to see if that works together with final ROM and narrow down if the problem is related to modem firmware or kernel drivers... also older CSC that contains carrier settings could help.

but please beware, that these mixed versions could not work together so do that at your own risk.

Reactions: mistress_sara

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_20201203-173726_Software update.jpg

ZTKF -> CTKG SM-G988B S20 Ultra 5G

ZTKF -> CTKG SM-G985F S20+ LTE
    Thanks to all the people who pulled the update.zip files allowing us in other regions to test and use the next version of android, we would have never been able to do this without you guys!

Hopefully our paths cross again sometime in the future. See you in next year's beta!
    gRVJUHN.png

Thanks guys for providing the links and helping others during the last months! Has been a journey again.

Apologies for not putting the download links in post 2. But due to the migration I am not able to edit them (post to long error).Hope you can find what you're looking for with the search tool.

See you next year ;)

Cheers

Samsung is currently testing and rolling out the OneUI 3.0 / Android 11 update.
    This thread will be for sharing the Update.zip files (.bin files) and for help and tips.

This thread is for the OneUI 3.0 Beta for Exynos (International) only.
    Link to the Snapdragon Thread: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s20/how-to/oneui-3-0-beta-s20-ultra-beta-tread-t4143441

- Galaxy S20 (4G/5G) Exynos
    - Galaxy S20+ (4G/5G) Exynos
    - Galaxy S20 Ultra Exynos

Download links in 2nd comment.

How to install

Youtube video by SStech, also valid for S20 series.
    Only difference is no bixby key to press.

ADB-method:
    1. Download SDK platform tools from here https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
    2. Extract them on your desktop.
    3. Inside the extracted folder put the update.zip
    4. Inside this folder, holding left shift, right click the mouse and select "open command prompt here". The command prompt will open.
    5. Shutdown the phone.
    6. Holding power+volume up buttons, enter into recovery mode.
    7. Select "update via ADB". (you scroll down using the volume buttons and select using the power button).
    8. Connect the phone to the PC using original samsung USB cable.
    9. In the command prompt run the following command:
    ./adb devices
    10. Wait to see that the daemon has started and that your device is found.
    11. If you device is found, run the following command:
    ./adb sideload update.zip

The update process will start. You will see a percentage counting. First it will verify, then patch etc. Do not move the cable, disconnect the phone or power off the PC.
    Once the process is completed (it takes some time) the phone will boot itself, update the apps and log into your home screen.

SD-card method:
    1. Download the bin file and rename it to update.zip (by going to file options in win10 you can select to view the file extensions. This makes the renaming process much easier and safer, and avoids renaming the file to update.zip.zip)
    2. Copy it to the root directory of your SDcard.
    3. Shut down your phone.
    4. Hold simultaneously Power+volume up buttons to get into stock recovery.
    5. Using your volume keys navigate to "update via SdCard" and press power button to select it.
    6. Again using volume keys navigate to the file "update.zip" and press power button to select it.
    7. Update will start. Leave it till it completes. It will take some time.
    8. Phone will reboot by itself and load android.

Original Samsung Firmware
    In case if you need to flash 2.5, you can use one of the below options.

Frija
    https://xdaforums.com/s10-plus/how-to/tool-frija-samsung-firmware-downloader-t3910594

SamFw
    samfw.com

Note: for now after installing the beta update it isn't possible to reboot in to recovery via the VolUP+power button.
    You will have to use ADB for that: "./adb reboot recovery"
    For reboot to Download mode use the following command: "./adb reboot download"

Installing via this way shouldn't trigger KNOX warranty void.
    However: updating to Beta is your own choice, no one is responsible if anything goes wrong

How to capture
    HTTP Canary app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.guoshi.httpcanary
    1. Load canary
    2. Start the update download but don't pause it.
    3. Go back to canary and start that and it will grab the link.

NOTE: after installing the update, CLEAR your cache by going into recovery (VolUP - Power)
    If you're NOT officially registered via Samsung Members, you won't receive OTA: you'll have to update every time MANUALLY with above method!
    The update.zip files are for Multi-CSC OXM only (so NOT for the South American countries which have Multi-CSC OWO or Multi-CSC OXB)

Thanks to @henklbr for letting me copy the majority of his S10 beta threads plus being so active on this forum while not owning the S20 line anymore, the tips and help are appreciated.
    Done a clean CSC odin flash ... thanks 2Domy5
    Camera settings now working

Fresh Installation of hex and vanced....thank you Detection

Everything working well now.

Thank you to all XDA members for your assistance. Very much appreciated.
    You must restore Google pay services of rom. Simply uninstall the update one
    thanks that really helped.

Can you please explain little bit more ?

I have the same issue...

I went step by step through all beta updates till final(official), but Gpay is still not working....
    go to settings > apps and select google play services, then 3dot menu > uninstall updates
    (that will clear all local data for GMS)

after that, open gpay and setup your payment method again