• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ONEUI 3.1] Guide firmwares update on Galaxy S20 series

Search This thread

Player04

Apr 9, 2014
Another way Update via Odin:
Thanks @corsicanu for file and help

1.Download Odin v3.14.1, install Samsung Drivers,
Download *-odin_flashable.tar from releases

2.Switch off the phone. Use Volume Down + Volume Up + Usb cable to enter Download Mode

3.Open Odin and make sure that your device is detected

4.Put *-odin_flashable.tar file into BL tab

5.Click Start and wait for the device to reboot

just basically flashed the *-odin_flashable.tar *? do i need to reroot?

Knotte

Nov 19, 2012
Munich

2.Switch off the phone. Use Volume Down + Volume Up + Usb cable to enter Download Mode

What does this do? It's just the bootloader, right? Where is the updated ROM?

Knotte

Nov 19, 2012
Munich
Just a warning: After successfully flashing latest stock ROM (DUC7, rooted with Magisk) I also flashed the Kdragon_safetynet-fix-v1.1.1-s20.zip (from the downloads mentioned in the instructions) with TWRP and get a bootloop. So I have to reflash everything again and maybe try to flash the Safetynet module right in Magisk.

skysurfer1111

Jul 4, 2016
Berlin
Just a warning: After successfully flashing latest stock ROM (DUC7, rooted with Magisk) I also flashed the Kdragon_safetynet-fix-v1.1.1-s20.zip (from the downloads mentioned in the instructions) with TWRP and get a bootloop. So I have to reflash everything again and maybe try to flash the Safetynet module right in Magisk.
This is the old one. I use safetynet-fix-v2.0.0-test2.zip It works. U can flash it with magisk or TWRP.

Reactions: 1jkan

1jkan

Jul 16, 2012
Thank you for Netsafetyfix. I installed it through Magisk first but it didn't work. Then through TWRP and it worked. Of course, I turned on MagiskHide and the message Certified is correct. But it was only possible once, and in a moment the certificate was incorrect again. What am I doing wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Work with DUI5.
    New version for SM-G985F with region/firmware DBT/G985FXXU6DUB5

Guide firmwares update and file here

Thanks @ianmacd and @afaneh92 for help and guide

1. Select the BL, AP, CP and HOME_CSC files (save data)
    ** don't run the firmware yet

2. Download Ian's latest TWRP (twrp-z3s-3.5.0_10-A11_x_ianmacd.img) containing TWRP + patched vbmeta.img into USERDATA slot in Odin.

3. Uncheck the automatic reboot option in Odin
    4. run the flashing
    5. When the firmware is finished (leave USB connected !!!), hold the Vol Down + Power buttons, and then, as soon as the screen turns black, hold the Vol Up + Power buttons to boot into recovery
    *, keep in mind that the first time you boot into recovery, it initializes and then reboots, so just keep the Vol Up + Power buttons pressed for longer than

6. TWRP - Multi-Disabler Firmware

7. Reboot TWRP - Flash Magisk (stable)

8. Flash Fix_warning_up_param_S20 +

9. RESTART.

Work with DUI5.
    I wanted to ask the same question. But I am afraid the vbmeta für DUB5 will not work with DUC7.
    No worries, it works with DUC7.
    A great guide. This is just a manual for firmware and TWRP update, but to get root you still need to extract boot.img, patch with Magisk and then flash with Odin, right?
    Flash Magisk (stable)
    6. TWRP - Multi-Disabler Firmware
    7. Reboot TWRP - Flash Magisk (stable)

or Patching Boot Image
    This is required only If you want to root device without installing custom recovery (TWRP).

Here is Patched kernel to root
    Unzip the boot.img from AP and copy the file to your device.

Press the Install button in the Magisk card

Choose “Select and Patch a File” in method, and select the stock boot image

Magisk Manager will patch the image to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.img.
    Now you will have Magisk_patched.img file in download folder - Copy that file to PC.

Rename that magisk_patched.img to boot.img (Name must be exact same).
    Make sure your PC have 7-zip installed, If not get and install it.

Right click on boot.img and select 7zip - select "add to archive" - select archieve format as 'tar' - and name it Patched_Kernel (it will be like Patched_Kernal.tar). Don't keep space in name. This will create a Odin flashable patched kernel

Reboot to download mode. Open Odin on your PC, and flash Patched_Kernal.tar as AP.

Reboot and Done !