• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Oneui 4.0 powersaver 120HZ?

Search This thread

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
Hey guys, dont know if we have an thread about this but someone knows how to enable powersaver at 120hz? Used it on Android 11 and battery life was amazing. Now everytime i enable powersaver via adb it gets back to 60hz :/

Reactions: sunny1971

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Hey guys, dont know if we have an thread about this but someone knows how to enable powersaver at 120hz? Used it on Android 11 and battery life was amazing. Now everytime i enable powersaver via adb it gets back to 60hz :/
Meh? Don't you normally do that in Device Care?
Dependencies, dependencies, dependencies... be careful what you kill.

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
Meh? Don't you normally do that in Device Care?
Dependencies, dependencies, dependencies... be careful what you kill.
Yes you can do that in devicr care... But when you enable 120 hz and enable it in device care 120 would be off. On Android 11 you can enabke it via adb and 120hz (adaptive) remains with powersaver on... But on a12 this iant possible. Also cant enable 120hz via adb when powersaver is on... So im looking for a workaround

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Yes you can do that in devicr care... But when you enable 120 hz and enable it in device care 120 would be off. On Android 11 you can enabke it via adb and 120hz (adaptive) remains with powersaver on... But on a12 this iant possible. Also cant enable 120hz via adb when powersaver is on... So im looking for a workaround
I thought it uses variable refresh rate. So you want it running continuously at 120hz?
Just curious if there's a reason for this.
I have skirted this technology for the time being but it's interesting.

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
I thought it uses variable refresh rate. So you want it running continuously at 120hz?
Just curious if there's a reason for this.
I have skirted this technology for the time being but it's interesting.
No you can enable adaptive refresh rate via adb. Also lowest refresh rate. But it wont work under Android 12

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
No you can enable adaptive refresh rate via adb. Also lowest refresh rate. But it wont work under Android 12
I'm confused what you want. My point was variable refresh rate is control by Device Care I believe. You trying to override variable refresh rate for a forced 120hz rate?
Are you saying that the 120hz rate is completely unavailable in Android 12 or just adaptive power saving ie variable refresh rate?

Roll back to 11 if you can... personally I'm not venturing beyond Q on my N10+'s with one still running well on 9.

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
I'm confused what you want. My point was variable refresh rate is control by Device Care I believe. You trying to override variable refresh rate for a forced 120hz rate?
Are you saying that the 120hz rate is completely unavailable in Android 12 or just adaptive power saving ie variable refresh rate?

Roll back to 11 if you can... personally I'm not venturing beyond Q on my N10+'s with one still running well on 9.
Mate i want adaptive 120hz and powersaver on :) and i want to stay on Android 12...

Reactions: blackhawk

Oxy123

Nov 28, 2021
I just created an account just to ask this very question. For me, battery life was not satisfactory until i discovered the "exploit" that Goku1992 mentions here: using 120hz refresh rate together with Power saving mode. Before i found this I only used the phone in 60hz to get good battery life, which sort of took away one of the main reasons to buy it in the first place. Now I'm reluctant to install One Ui 4 if it means this is no longer possible...

Goku1992

Feb 29, 2016
Dortmund
I just created an account just to ask this very question. For me, battery life was not satisfactory until i discovered the "exploit" that Goku1992 mentions here: using 120hz refresh rate together with Power saving mode. Before i found this I only used the phone in 60hz to get good battery life, which sort of took away one of the main reasons to buy it in the first place. Now I'm reluctant to install One Ui 4 if it means this is no longer possible...
This is what i mean :) also i dont need the apps to notify me every second. Its okay with powersave :)

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
What I found with it is that it doesn't work instantly. I have to leave it half an hour and then it begins to work.
That's odd... is power management active*?
Try clearing the system cache.

*this should be on a separate page from the display/cpu power settings. In older versions they appear like this, toggling any of these on tends to go badly... except fast charging.

Screenshot_20211128-095041_Device care.jpg

Rogue8o8

Sep 4, 2013
I've been testing an app called Buoy on the playstore. Don't turn on the phones power saver but use the extreme profile in the app. I use 96hz though and I'm yet to test it with 120hz. I am very impressed so far and this is day one. Mind you it's a payed app. About a dollar if I recall. I was only getting about 6 hours before but I'm expecting close to 8 with the app. Standby power usage has also been lowered.
On Android 12 One ui 4.0 at 48%

Screenshot_20211129-143420_Device care.jpg
Screenshot_20211129-143416_Device care.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Mate i want adaptive 120hz and powersaver on :) and i want to stay on Android 12...