• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide [OneUi 4.0 Public Beta] Download and install in here! [Exynos)

Search This thread

Darbar1701

Nov 25, 2016
I'd guess Tuesday and it'll open up to the UK then too. Just a guess though lol, I flashed back to one UI 3.1 because it's just too buggy for such a small change in the actual UX , maybe beta 2 will add more goodness

AdL2012

Apr 7, 2013
Bristol
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
You do not want to sideload it by ADB which takes 5 min and cause no charm but you are playing with CSC which might cause a damge to your phone? That's interesting. Now as you changed to DBT it can not work as beta require matching sim card and CSC - but I am not sure about that
How can my phone be damaged by changing CSC? :)
I used Samkey and took me few seconds to do this....
Like i said, i don't have a german sim card and without that i can't get acces to Beta.
I've tried with a VPN, i choosed a german ip, i removed my UK sim card and the banner showed up but when i tap the banner i got a message which says that i'm not in the right region.....so is not working without a sim card.
I don't want do this by ADB because after that i have to install every single update manually....i hope you got the ideea.

bajk10

Feb 3, 2019
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210925-125548_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210925-125548_Settings.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 177
  • Screenshot_20210925-125708.jpg
    Screenshot_20210925-125708.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 180

ytgbg

Jul 15, 2013
LOL, if I have to wait as much for S21+ sideload zip availability for Beta 2 as I am waiting for one of Beta 1 - I am out, hahahahaha!
Something is weird this year with Samsung Beta Program. Really strange stuff.

LOL, if I have to wait as much for S21+ sideload zip availability for Beta 2 as I am waiting for one of Beta 1 - I am out, hahahahaha!
Something is weird this year with Samsung Beta Program. Really strange stuff.
When i went for the S21+ hunt, and i specifically hunted for the S21+ cause i wont ever buy a curved display again anymore, what i noticed is that there was only S21 Ultra availability. I could find S21+ in purple and that's about it. You could find more Ultra's with 16GB RAM than purple S21+.

Now, Samsung may have shot themself on the foot here, all the retailers told me that the market was going only for the Ultra's. One of them told me that by the time they got rid of the first S21 and S21+ batch, they already had the 10th one for the Ultra's in.

This is reflecting overall even in here. The power users went for the Ultra's too, plain simple.

We're at the mercy of a very small user base of S21+ power users from Germany who would want the Beta. I do hope this will extend better once UK and Poland jump in.

Reactions: ytgbg

ytgbg

Jul 15, 2013
When i went for the S21+ hunt, and i specifically hunted for the S21+ cause i wont ever buy a curved display again anymore, what i noticed is that there was only S21 Ultra availability. I could find S21+ in purple and that's about it. You could find more Ultra's with 16GB RAM than purple S21+.

Now, Samsung may have shot themself on the foot here, all the retailers told me that the market was going only for the Ultra's. One of them told me that by the time they got rid of the first S21 and S21+ batch, they already had the 10th one for the Ultra's in.

This is reflecting overall even in here. The power users went for the Ultra's too, plain simple.

We're at the mercy of a very small user base of S21+ power users from Germany who would want the Beta. I do hope this will extend better once UK and Poland jump in.
I hope you are right. I went specifically for S21+ because I think it is a lot better than the plastic S21 with small battery and worse thermals, didn't want Ultra as I don't need QHD+ screen (hinders battery life and performance) and I don't like Camera binning with small individual pixel size in the huge S21 Ultra sensor.
I went for S21+ with premium material, big battery and better thermals over S21 and over Ultra also because it is almost the same size battery but no curved screen, no QHD+ and no heavy processing 9 in 1 binning camera stuff which is overcomplication for me and hard on hardware.
Still pretty bummed that obviously not many people went for S21+ and now we have to wait and hope for Beta 2 to have some S21+ users who shall share sideload zips for us, which could be hard to find such people...

diegonnc

Feb 7, 2012
Piriapolis
I hope you are right. I went specifically for S21+ because I think it is a lot better than the plastic S21 with small battery and worse thermals, didn't want Ultra as I don't need QHD+ screen (hinders battery life and performance) and I don't like Camera binning with small individual pixel size in the huge S21 Ultra sensor.
I went for S21+ with premium material, big battery and better thermals over S21 and over Ultra also because it is almost the same size battery but no curved screen, no QHD+ and no heavy processing 9 in 1 binning camera stuff which is overcomplication for me and hard on hardware.
Still pretty bummed that obviously not many people went for S21+ and now we have to wait and hope for Beta 2 to have some S21+ users who shall share sideload zips for us, which could be hard to find such people...

I think it has to do with the fact that the marketing for the plus model was really very little also in a lot of places u can get the ultra version that is despite personal preferences arguable the better phone for a couple more bucks, in my case the difference in cash was so little between the plus and ultra model that i just went for the better ultra version of the phone and im sure most people tought the same.

Top Liked Posts