• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide [OneUi 4.0 Public Beta] Download and install in here! [Exynos)

Search This thread

Orlaf

Nov 18, 2017
Italy
@adamlee2012

And it wouldn't be a bad idea to add an automatic option to choose the material tint after applying a new background.

Maybe you can add a feedback about that too. :D

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
It might be a small offtop. But I live in UK and bought phone from EE so my CSC is EVR, can I safely change it to BTU somehow? I want to take a part in beta, but do not want to sideload it. Any ideas?

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
It might be a small offtop. But I live in UK and bought phone from EE so my CSC is EVR, can I safely change it to BTU somehow? I want to take a part in beta, but do not want to sideload it. Any ideas?
Use a tool called Frija to download the latest BTU firmware, flash using Odin. Don't use the Home_CSC use the other one that will wipe data and remove SIM before turning phone on and see if you get BTU firmware.

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
Use a tool called Frija to download the latest BTU firmware, flash using Odin. Don't use the Home_CSC use the other one that will wipe data and remove SIM before turning phone on and see if you get BTU firmware.
As I started, I want to change csc. I do not want to sideload it/use odin etc. I just don't know if my signal singal or anything be affected after I change csc

• Haha
Reactions: Amr Faried

DS1000RR

Sep 27, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'm in the UK on EE, albeit I have an unlocked CSC, BTU rather than EVR. You should be able to access the over the air Beta through Samsung Members with your CSC.

Have you got Samsung Members and looked for the beta enrollment there

kisielek

Nov 8, 2019
Warsaw
I don't expect 3rd beta before 26th October, because Samsung planning Developer Conference in this day. So I think they want to show the 3rd beta witch new features during conference and release after event.

Dakos01

Nov 3, 2016
France
May be you can relate....Today I was complaining because I couldn't make calls due to some bug of the one ui 4 beta (a restart fixed it).

My dad aksed me if I was paid for using a beta on a 1000€ phone that can't make calls 🥲
No I'm just a victim of my thirst for innovation..

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I am checking this thread every other minute to see if there is possible Beta 3 as I can't sustain with Beta 2 any longer and I will swear not to flash anything but final one.
Same, im in the process of reverting back to android 11, after 5 hours unplugged and 1 hour 30 screen time i was down to 50%, I had planned a day out today so needed my battery to last all day, luckily i have my power bank but the beta 2 is not ideal for daily use.

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
You sound like you don't know what your doing. Wait for stable android 12.
Not sure how it soundw but that statement got nothing right. I have been playing with android since 2009, this is my first not rooted phone and first Samsung since SGS2 so thats why I am using this forum to ask about csc. If you got nothing to add to it, please dont reply.

Darbar1701

Nov 25, 2016
Not sure how it soundw but that statement got nothing right. I have been playing with android since 2009, this is my first not rooted phone and first Samsung since SGS2 so thats why I am using this forum to ask about csc. If you got nothing to add to it, please dont reply.
Samkey is the only way now and it's easy, you'll have to flash back to the June security patch though but then it's plain sailing

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011

Darbar1701

Nov 25, 2016
Jesus. Another one

I know about samkey, The only thing that I am not sure what is going to change, I mean can signal be weaker etc?
I'd say it'll be grand, sure the minimum credit you can buy is 3 and it only takes 1 to change it so you can always go back to your original CSC if it is weaker, I don't think it will be though

The only thing that I am not sure what is going to change, I mean can signal be weaker etc?
You need to understand what CSC actually is in order to answer the question. But i'll explain the framework, and you can come to the conclusion yourself.

CSC contains a set of specific Carrier configurations. I.e, if you are located in Germany, but use a Singapore phone with a Singapore CSC...IN GERMANY, you may face issues if Singapore and Germany have different rules on how they use 4G.

What could change for you? Well, if those CSC's that belong to OXM (a very large region), chances are you wont feel any change at all, as most of the carriers in this Region pretty much use similar configurations to give you proper service.

There are however some exclusions. The carriers have to actually talk to Samsung, they need to show them that they use these specific configurations, and, well, Samsung acts upon them. I.e., when i bought a Note 8 and 9 in a country belonging to OXM but without any 4G coverage at all, i could never get proper 4G in the rest of OXM (and i did travel to quite a few). Upon changing to a relevant CSC, voila, 4G worked like a charm.

Another feat is LTE-A, or 4G+. Some countries/carriers use a mixture of different bands, which may not be available in other countries, and this can happen inside OXM region too.

Top Liked Posts