• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide [OneUi 4.0 Public Beta] Download and install in here! [Exynos)

Search This thread

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
You need to understand what CSC actually is in order to answer the question. But i'll explain the framework, and you can come to the conclusion yourself.

CSC contains a set of specific Carrier configurations. I.e, if you are located in Germany, but use a Singapore phone with a Singapore CSC...IN GERMANY, you may face issues if Singapore and Germany have different rules on how they use 4G.

What could change for you? Well, if those CSC's that belong to OXM (a very large region), chances are you wont feel any change at all, as most of the carriers in this Region pretty much use similar configurations to give you proper service.

There are however some exclusions. The carriers have to actually talk to Samsung, they need to show them that they use these specific configurations, and, well, Samsung acts upon them. I.e., when i bought a Note 8 and 9 in a country belonging to OXM but without any 4G coverage at all, i could never get proper 4G in the rest of OXM (and i did travel to quite a few). Upon changing to a relevant CSC, voila, 4G worked like a charm.

Another feat is LTE-A, or 4G+. Some countries/carriers use a mixture of different bands, which may not be available in other countries, and this can happen inside OXM region too.
Thanks, that mean there is a small chance that 5g/wifi calling etc. might not work like usually. I will stick to EVR. It was easier on oneplus 🤷🏻

Thanks, that mean there is a small chance that 5g/wifi calling etc. might not work like usually. I will stick to EVR. It was easier on oneplus 🤷🏻
Here's the list of 5G bands

If EVR and BTU share the same bands (which is very normal for carriers and unlocked CSC within a single country), 5G should work. WiFi calling on the other hand is very "carrier specific" and most probably will not work, unless somehow UK managed to tell Samsung that BTU should include all the goodies, but i highly doubt that to be the truth.

joloxx9joloxx9

Jul 6, 2011
Here's the list of 5G bands

If EVR and BTU share the same bands (which is very normal for carriers and unlocked CSC within a single country), 5G should work. WiFi calling on the other hand is very "carrier specific" and most probably will not work, unless somehow UK managed to tell Samsung that BTU should include all the goodies, but i highly doubt that to be the truth.
Yeah this might be the case here. No problem, still have odin 😀

AndrzejDwo

May 26, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10+
According to above posts i might loose fg. Wifi calling. Thats why I asked, didn't play with Samsung in past years. Anyway going to stay on EVR now.
Here in Poland you can switch to open network (XEO) without loosing features like VoWiFi or VoLTE. I personally switched from Orange (OPV) without issues on my S8 and S10+, S21U came with XEO. As far as i know it's safe to switch from EVR to BTU too. I'd go for it, you will have faster OTA's on BTU.

Cheers

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
According to above posts i might loose fg. Wifi calling. Thats why I asked, didn't play with Samsung in past years. Anyway going to stay on EVR now.
I have BTU, I've used EE. You still get VOLTE and WiFi Calling. I apologize if I came across as rude before. And yes I would do the same. It's a lot of hassle changing CSC. And it's definitely not worth leaving stable android 11 for a very Buggy version of Android 12.

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Did you downgrade to A11? Why?
I did yes, performance and Battery life on beta 2 are really bad. I'm getting way better battery life since downgrading and it's still learning my usage patterns so it'll get better in a few days. No lag or performance issues, everything works flawlessly on android 11.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211017-162856_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20211017-162856_Device care.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 61

Top Liked Posts