Thanks for sharing!Hello Everyone. The update is gradually getting live in all the regions. I just got it in India. Below is the link which I captured via Canary app.
Beta 1 Mirror: https://klisza1993.synology.me:1000.../J4ukGm08evreR1dYWbOQxngvuPTbTvJh-qb4gj3eTDgk
Beta 1 Mirror:
Checksum to verify corrupt downloads:
MD5 : 54db93183aa24ecdfaa7134891022094
Beta 2 Update: http://fota-secure-dn.ospserver.net/firmware/INS/SM-N986B/nspx/698c78dfebf8472d9e1691413b9af2f2.bin?px-time=61ed489c&px-hash=5f86741823355625dacb429abc4ff6cf&px-wid=3281729-WSA211124122250&px-wctime=2021-11-24 12:22:50&px-unum=&px-nb=UGtezEZ854jbmFcvWGxLEA==
Prerequisite to flash beta on N20U (N986B) thanks to
You need to be on November Security patch before moving ahead.
If your info is ditto same as said below then only you can flash beta 1 for N986B
AP : N986BXXS3DUJ6
CSC : N986BOXM3DUH5
CP : N986BXXS3DUIF
Also if your device is rooted/modified, it will fail. (unlocked bootloader isn't issue but firmware must be complete stock)
TLDR instructions, thanks to pernodpepper
0. Create backup of your device (SmartSwitch)
1. Download .bin
2. Rename update.zip
3. Place file on SDCard
4. Go to recovery (No odin/download mode required)
5. Select Apply update from SDCard and choose update.zip
Detailed instructions along with multiple methods to install. Thanks to Evil_Smiley_za and @AhmedMomen
-This thread will be for sharing tips and help and update.zip/.bin files (when/if available) for the OneUI 4.0 Android 12 Beta for the Galaxy Note 20 series (Unlocked/Exynos)
1. Download SDK platform tools https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
2. Extract the file in your desktop.
3. Inside the extracted folder put the update.zip file
4. Inside this folder, holding left shift, right click the mouse and select "open command prompt here". The command prompt will open.
5. Shutdown your phone and connect it to the pc
6. Holding Power and volume+ and enter into recovery mode.
7. Select "update via ADB". (scroll down using the volume buttons and select using the power button).
8. Connect the phone to a PC using an original samsung USB cable.
9. In the command prompt run the following command:
10. Wait to see that the daemon has started and that your device is found.
11. If you device is found, run the following command:
./adb sideload update.zip
1. Download the bin file and rename it to update.zip (by going to file options on your pc you can select to view the file extensions. This makes the renaming process much easier and safer, and avoids renaming the file to update.zip.zip)
2. Copy it to the root directory of your SDcard.
3. Shut down your phone.
4. Connect any USB device to your device, AKG earphones could work, then press Power and volume+ buttons to get into recovery mode.
5. Using your volume keys navigate to "update via sdcard" and press power button to select it.
6. Again using volume keys navigate to the file "update.zip" and press power button to select it.
7. Update will start. Leave it till it completes installing. It will take some time.
8. Phone will reboot by itself and load android.
The update process will start. You will see a percentage counting. First it will verify, then patch etc. Do not move the cable, disconnect the phone or power off the PC.
Once the process is completed (it takes some time) the phone will boot itself, update the apps and log into your home screen.
There are two methods that you can use to get into recovery mode
1. Connect your phone to your PC (Make sure USB debugging is on).
2. Using ADB, enter the command ./adb reboot recovery
3. Wait a little and you should be in recovery mode.
1. Power off your device
2. Connect your device to a PC or use the AKG earphones.
3. Hold down Power+VolumeUp buttons and keep pressing them until you enter recovery mode.
This will not trip knox if done by the methods above
Don't install a beta unless you are fully aware what you are going into.
Don't install the beta if you want your phone to be stable, IT'S a BETA.
It's recommended to make a backup of your data before updating to the Android 12 Beta.
-Rename the .bin file to update.zip in order to be able to flash it from recovery.
-A common mistake done by some people is that they see the file named update while its a WinRAR.zip file already, then they add another .zip making the name of the file update.zip.zip which will not be flashed successfully, So make sure you do it right.
-Updating to the beta is AT YOUR RISK, No one is responsible if anything goes wrong.
You will not receive OTAs again UNTIL you are on a firmware that gets released later for your original CSC, thats most likely not happening before the BETA is over.
Note: AngryPixel89 is my reddit alias.