General [OneUI 5 Beta] (Exynos) Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra Beta Thread

Search This thread

Ariano Ângelo

May 16, 2015
Coimbra
arianoangelo.com
I have observed on most of beta, Google/samsung Pay and play store certified only works if you update beta dirty. Clean installing Beta (factory reset on Beta) or clearing data of play services you will loss these features till you get stable release.

So when the final beta comes out and we install it all those services will start working again, right?

Ariano Ângelo

May 16, 2015
Coimbra
arianoangelo.com
Samsung never disclose schedule but normally stable takes 1-2 months from first beta
Yes all app will work on stable version

Not a big deal for me even though I used contactless payments. Back to using cards!
Yeah I figured. Truth be told this beta is pretty stable for me. Only issues I'm being finding:
- Phone sometimes slower than usual
- Phone ocasionally vibrates for no reason (no pending notification either...)
- The quick setting toggles aren't perfectly aligned. Not sure if it's design decision or just a plain error from them.

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
Bratislava
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
It doesn't appear to me either. I don't know if it's because it's beta or because they've removed it, but it's impossible to take macro photos
focus enhancer was only a help that switched to ultrawide and cropped it to look similar to wide lens.

you can still take macro shots by selecting .6 lens manually ;-) or perhaps do it with 3 telepohoto if you prefer narrower FOV

Reactions: Lodix

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
Before going back to 12 , could you please wipe cache and data of both Google Play Store and Google Play Services ,and try again try to set up your watch ?
See my post #180 of this thread.
This is the worst thing to do IF you have a working watch with G Pay. After I did that my watch got removed from Google Wear and all cards got deleted from G Pay (that was expected). Thing is that now I cannot connect the watch to my phone anymore since this will require a watch wipe and that would mean I will loose the cards on the watch G Pay also.

So right now, I keep my watch as standalone, not connected to the phone and G Pay is working...not sure how...but is working. The downside of this is that I lost watch connection with phone so no notifications, no calls bo nothing.

I'll reset watch and connect when stable 13 will come out

Darbar1701

Nov 25, 2016
This is the worst thing to do IF you have a working watch with G Pay. After I did that my watch got removed from Google Wear and all cards got deleted from G Pay (that was expected). Thing is that now I cannot connect the watch to my phone anymore since this will require a watch wipe and that would mean I will loose the cards on the watch G Pay also.

So right now, I keep my watch as standalone, not connected to the phone and G Pay is working...not sure how...but is working. The downside of this is that I lost watch connection with phone so no notifications, no calls bo nothing.

My Google wallet works no problem after a reset on the beta, or worked last year too, I've the galaxy watch 4 classic

brouwerchris

My request was adressed to Super-Veloce.
He planned returning to 12, if I'm correct.
Going back to 12 will wipe all phone data .

By creating "Device is certified" status in Play Protect , maybe it is possible to add credit cards again to Google Wallet.
I could not test this myself, because my bankcard is a debit card from ING bank, therefore impossible to add to Google Wallet.
Beta creates "Device not certified" status in Play Protect, is this the source of rejection by Google Wallet or is it digging deeper in the software to recognise beta software ?
That's why my request to Super-Veloce.

Edit: it seems Darbar1701 gave the answer
while I was typing.

Last edited:

Freeddi

Feb 20, 2014
Really cool that there is a Thread like this.

Instslling through App from Play Store is very easy and fast

Dr. Krieger

Nov 19, 2013
Catania
Will there be another beta before the official one?
Most likely yes, stable release is probably 2 or 3 months away so I'd expect at least a couple of build until then.

I've been using the Beta since day 1 and no issue so far. Not a huge difference from One UI 4, maybe a bit smoother inside social media apps? Barely noticeable though.

Everything working fine so far with the exception of a little bug on Whatsapp (vocal messages can only be heard through ear capsule rather than the loud speaker).

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
My request was adressed to Super-Veloce.
He planned returning to 12, if I'm correct.
Going back to 12 will wipe all phone data .

By creating "Device is certified" status in Play Protect , maybe it is possible to add credit cards again to Google Wallet.
I could not test this myself, because my bankcard is a debit card from ING bank, therefore impossible to add to Google Wallet.
Beta creates "Device not certified" status in Play Protect, is this the source of rejection by Google Wallet or is it digging deeper in the software to recognise beta software ?
That's why my request to Super-Veloce.

Edit: it seems Darbar1701 gave the answer
while I was typing.
Beta does not create "device not certified" status, mine is certified...at least not this year. It is a different certification that is not available and makes Wallet not to work.
My Google wallet works no problem after a reset on the beta, or worked last year too, I've the galaxy watch 4 classic
The watch yes, mine works too but if you reset play services it will loose connection and when you reset it, adding cards will require you to use the Wallet on phone too and that is not working
Screenshot_20220819_205535_Google Play Store.png

brouwerchris

Beta does not create "device not certified" status, mine is certified...at least not this year. It is a different certification that is not available and makes Wallet not to work.

The watch yes, mine works too but if you reset play services it will loose connection and when you reset it, adding cards will require you to use the Wallet on phone too and that is not workingView attachment 5690487
From the moment I flashed beta 13 on Friday 5th afternoon, till Saturday evening 6th my phone status was " not cetified" , only after wiping cache and data of both Google Play and Google Play services my phone status changed to " certified" , as it had always been before flashing the beta.

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
From the moment I flashed beta 13 on Friday 5th afternoon, till Saturday evening 6th my phone status was " not cetified" , only after wiping cache and data of both Google Play and Google Play services my phone status changed to " certified" , as it had always been before flashing the beta.
But wallet still doesn't work?

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
I could install Google Wallet. My bankcard is a debitcard from ING bank , you can not add these cards to Google Wallet , so I don't know if it will work. I refuse to pay for a credit card to be able to use Google Pay .
I can pay contactless with my ING debit card in every shop here in the Netherlands.
You can see at least if you can get into the "Add Cards" page of Google Wallet app mate.

Top Liked Posts