General [OneUI 5 Beta] (Snapdragon) Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra OneUI 5.0 Beta Thread

Search This thread

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
same question
will the U1 version work for my s908E???
You can't install any cross model versions. The installer will detect your original rom in order to patch it. It will know right away you are on the wrong rom and abort. So forget it. You need the exact model and also the exact rom to patch (people can't update their stock rom and then try to use older beta that patches an older rom). That's because the beta rom is not a full rom but a rom that patches (diff) the rom you are already on. That's why there is NO Odin version of the beta rom.

lexcyn

Apr 4, 2010
Sudbury
RE: Canada 5G on U1 beta

So I installed stock XAA U1 on my S908W then updated with the beta U1 zip you linked. It installed fine, however 5G was still not working on the U1 firmware. I checked *#*#4636#*#* and it said "NR Available (NSA): false" and "EN-DC Available: false". These values were true on the stock U1 firmware before upgrading to beta U1. I think them being false blocks 5G from working.

I managed to get 5G working on the beta by flashing stock U1 CSC + stock U1 CP (or stock W CP) together after updating to the beta. This made those values change to true. And my phone now connected to 5G! (Note: Flashing CSC alone wasn't enough, I had to flash XAA CSC+CP from stock firmware to get 5G working).

...BUT, it wasn't perfect. After the update, 5G only works on some bands but not all. Checking LTE Discovery before the update, I was connecting to 5G through the LTE B13, B2, B4 bands in my area. But after the update + CSC/CP flashing, it only connects to 5G on LTE B13. It doesn't seem to work on LTE B2/B4, which means it doesn't switch to 5G in all areas it used to (where B13 is not available like in my home).

So it seems like a partial solution for now. I don't know if there's anyway to get the other bands working without being able to flash W CSC, as those bands might not be used in the US for 5G NR NSA...
If I remember I think that was my experience too. But I left it until the stable was released and reflashed the XAC version. That's too bad though. :(

peacey8

Jul 28, 2013
If I remember I think that was my experience too. But I left it until the stable was released and reflashed the XAC version. That's too bad though. :(
Ya it's not that big of a deal. The new software will come out in Canada in a few months hopefully. So not the end of the world! Nice to test out beta for now in any case.

Reactions: lexcyn

Top Liked Posts