General [OneUI 5 Beta] (Snapdragon) Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra OneUI 5.0 Beta Thread

Search This thread

syles

May 30, 2011
Shanghai
OK If you update one5. You must flash AVF7 build. Then sideload beta update.zip.
I have another small question.
beta2 can ota?

Last edited:

pahlerc1

Jan 9, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Just flashed for S22 Ultra for SM908U1 via PC and ADB ---> worked like a charm on the first go! Downloaded from link in this thread, followed guide provided a link in this thread for flashing update.zip via PC ADB!

Thanks for this! Members app said the beta was full and I wanted to give Android 13 a go! I don't use One UI, I am a big Nova Launcher user, but I just wanted to see the new changes, improvements and be on Android 13. I miss having a Pixel but the hardware in Samsung is top notch and Google decided to make a mid tier phone after the Pixel 3XL and I wasn't a fan. I miss the simple UI, but Samsung has done a good job of getting monthly Android security updates out and i am able to either disable or remove any bloatware via ADB.

Thanks again for this! Hope this stays updated with the next beta updates and links to stay updated for the final beta and then receive the OTA for the stable version!

Just flashed for S22 Ultra for SM908U1 via PC and ADB ---> worked like a charm on the first go! Downloaded from link in this thread, followed guide provided a link in this thread for flashing update.zip via PC ADB!

Thanks for this! Members app said the beta was full and I wanted to give Android 13 a go! I don't use One UI, I am a big Nova Launcher user, but I just wanted to see the new changes, improvements and be on Android 13. I miss having a Pixel but the hardware in Samsung is top notch and Google decided to make a mid tier phone after the Pixel 3XL and I wasn't a fan. I miss the simple UI, but Samsung has done a good job of getting monthly Android security updates out and i am able to either disable or remove any bloatware via ADB.

Thanks again for this! Hope this stays updated with the next beta updates and links to stay updated for the final beta and then receive the OTA for the stable version!
Did you lose all your data and start from scratch?

pahlerc1

Jan 9, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Did you lose all your data and start from scratch?
Nope! Similiar to when i flashed the beta android update from google for pixel devices. it just flashes over top the previous software like a normal update. if you run into battery drain or lag or other issues then you can wipe/reset to probably remove those issues. but initial flash does not wipe

Reactions: Kris_b1104
Nope! Similiar to when i flashed the beta android update from google for pixel devices. it just flashes over top the previous software like a normal update. if you run into battery drain or lag or other issues then you can wipe/reset to probably remove those issues. but initial flash does not wipe
That's weird, but people on SM-S908U sideload the Beta via ADB, they lose data. But you are saying that U1 doesn't lose data when sideloading.

Also, flashing firmware via ODIN is different from sideloading via ADB. You basically installed the update.zip file with ADB right? Not flash a firmware with ODIN.

pahlerc1

Jan 9, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
That's weird, but people on SM-S908U sideload the Beta via ADB, they lose data. But you are saying that U1 doesn't lose data when sideloading.

Also, flashing firmware via ODIN is different from sideloading via ADB. You basically installed the update.zip file with ADB right? Not flash a firmware with ODIN.
Phew well I am happy i didn't lose data. That's correct, I am in US with Unlocked S22 Ultra on VZW, SM908U1, sideloaded/installed/flashed the update.zip via ADB and did not lose data. I did not use ODIN, i have never used ODIN and always used adb from previous phones so i preferred going that route.

Reactions: Kris_b1104
Phew well I am happy i didn't lose data. That's correct, I am in US with Unlocked S22 Ultra on VZW, SM908U1, sideloaded/installed/flashed the update.zip via ADB and did not lose data. I did not use ODIN, i have never used ODIN and always used adb from previous phones so i preferred going that route.
Thanks.

It seems people on U1 do not lose data, while people on U do lose data. It must be a carrier thing.

Reactions: pahlerc1

antisocialbratt

Nov 12, 2012
First time regretting having a snapdragon phone. I actually didn't knew that Samsung decided to grace our country woth Snapdragon this year instead of usual Exynos like last 5 years. I got to know when i was trying to flash exynos beta and failed 4 times and looked up the error. Glad samsung has built some kinda protection which prevented the device from bricking due to wrong firmware. Kudos to them.

Top Liked Posts