General [OneUI 5 Beta] (Snapdragon) Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra OneUI 5.0 Beta Thread

Search This thread

armyvet66629

Aug 9, 2022
Chicago, IL
On device are you pressing power once you selected update with adb? Then at bottom of device screen it should say.."now send package" then type adb sideload update.zip
I got it working. Apparently it wouldn't read a file over 3gb? So I had to adjust the "large address awareness" setting to read files over 3gb, and that worked. That fixed the "cannot read update.zip" error.
Currently on the 5.0 beta. Samsung messages isn't working though so I have to use Google messages. So far so good 👍 thanks for reaching out

Reactions: butchieboy

armyvet66629

Aug 9, 2022
Chicago, IL
Alright, I don't want to be one of those noobs that just comments "it worked for me"

My old ass computer couldn't read the update.zip file because it was over 3gb. The abd.exe file was only 32 bit I guess. That's how I understand it. That's why it couldn't read it even though I placed it the correct folder.

You can either use the program I've linked in this post and drop the adb.exe file in the app to convert it to 64 bit, or enable the large address awareness function in visual studios, you can Google that process. But for the lazy ass like me, here you go. Devs or mods can edit/reply this post if I've offered misinformation. just trying to help out.
After I converted the adb.exe to 64 bit, it was able to read files over 3 GBs, and it swiftly flashed the 5.0 beta to my phone. Worked for me.

Source of the zip: techpowerup.com
zip file name: laa_2_0_4.zip

Attachments

• laa_2_0_4.zip
    13.7 KB · Views: 26

roberto20

Sep 14, 2008
They could help those of us who try to update via alliance. What configuration did they do?
I carry out the steps and at the end the blue bar appears with the android, it reaches 25% and gives an error.

Tangotime

Nov 28, 2021
They could help those of us who try to update via alliance. What configuration did they do?
I carry out the steps and at the end the blue bar appears with the android, it reaches 25% and gives an error.
Happened to me on One UI 4.1 when I try to update while being rooted. Maybe that's not your case but just saying

roberto20

Sep 14, 2008

Attachments

• 1660350979889.png
    1660350979889.png
    312 bytes · Views: 102

freibergisch

Hi at all,

My S22U is setted with the beta at the beginning of it. It does not face any issues, but seems to be not as "fast" as with last firmware. (Fast is relative, as my phone also stuttered, was not that smooth all the days like I hoped it to be..)

My question is, how we will get updates. Via ota, or manually with odin? I do not know how it was handled by the older phones, settled back from Xiaomi for my Ultra... :)

armyvet66629

Aug 9, 2022
Chicago, IL
Hi at all,

My S22U is setted with the beta at the beginning of it. It does not face any issues, but seems to be not as "fast" as with last firmware. (Fast is relative, as my phone also stuttered, was not that smooth all the days like I hoped it to be..)

My question is, how we will get updates. Via ota, or manually with odin? I do not know how it was handled by the older phones, settled back from Xiaomi for my Ultra... :)
You must manually flash the subsequent beta updates

1dopewrx05

If that's the case, it might just be pinging for a crash report being collected or something. Did anyone check notification history, or does nice shot work?
Nice Catch does indeed work for me and there's no notification that exists that was causing it. That was the first thing I checked since I use Nice Catch, which is a fantastic app btw anyone not using it should be.

Hows beta running for you guys? Would you recommend running it as daily driver? Thanks
This is definitely one of the least buggy betas I've run. I've had pixels for the last several years, and some are just bad. Last year's A12 was ridiculous lol. Anyway, my phone is way snappier, a bit smoother, and the system uses a lot less RAM. I was seeing from ~3.5 to ~4.5 available on 12, now I'm getting 6-7 normally. The only bug I see is the wifi icon in the notification bar is always there, and as far as apps, good lock doesn't work (theme park does though), gpay and gsam battery monitor do not work, and I can't get Samsung pay to work either. Otherwise it's pretty great.

Lurien

Aug 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
This is definitely one of the least buggy betas I've run. I've had pixels for the last several years, and some are just bad. Last year's A12 was ridiculous lol. Anyway, my phone is way snappier, a bit smoother, and the system uses a lot less RAM. I was seeing from ~3.5 to ~4.5 available on 12, now I'm getting 6-7 normally. The only bug I see is the wifi icon in the notification bar is always there, and as far as apps, good lock doesn't work (theme park does though), gpay and gsam battery monitor do not work, and I can't get Samsung pay to work either. Otherwise it's pretty great.
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

shag_on_e

Sep 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm running the beta build for the S908U1 and noticing "Super Fast Charging" doesn't seem to be acting right. It initially says super fast charging in the notification panel but then reverts to "Charging". Anyone else notice this?

Top Liked Posts