I think E for Middle East, I have the Saudi Arabia Version and my model is SM-S908EI never saw a model starting with G... S is S series, A is,A series, M is M series, N was the Note....
Last letter after the model is the sale region... B is Europe/International, U is US, U1 is US unlocked, 0 and E I am not very sure, I think E is for Latin America, Brazil, Columbia and 0 for China, maybe India gets E as well
Yeah my screen goes black for most notifications
The internet is full of comparative reviews and videos. For example the one below...
The yellow dot shows when the camera or microphone are in use. So it obviously comes on when making a phone call, as the microphone is in use.
Hope I can help! I went through three and a half hours of trying to get the beta installed on my S908U1 unlocked ultra and finally got it to work after trying what seemed like literally everything. I could not get the update to successfully install via adb sideload or through the alliance shield app, it would fail every time. I finally read through here enough to figure out that since I had gotten the August update, it wouldn't work. Download Odin, flash the software build previous to the August update, then go back through and try installing the Beta via adb. After I downgraded to the previous software version (as several others have figured out for us and now recommend), mine went straight through. The beta installed no problem, and I was back up and running within 10 minutes....really wish I had read more before trying for over three hours.
Can anyone in India about to participate in the beta capture the FOTA link with HttpCanary app? So that us in the other countries can install the beta update too.
Capturing the update link is insanely easy and it doesnt take even seconds, if someone can do it we'd really appreciate it.
Here is the link for the app ( link will be avilable until 27AUG) https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/qsjpVDh8gb5M
Note: you need to capture the link before completly downloading the entire update file. As long as its not 100% downloaded, capturing the update link is possible.
Thanks in advance
1. Enroll in the beta in the samsung members app
2. Install the HttpCanary app, skip the welcome menus and stuff, press the little icon on the bottom right corner to make it green
3. Get to the update screen in phone settings, press download to make the phone start downloading the update
4. Go into Httpcanary app once again, you will find the link inside one of the options that will be there, it will typically start with http://fota-
5. Long press on the link to copy it and then post it here so that we can download the update file from samsung's servers too
Thanks in advance