General [OneUI 5 Beta] (Snapdragon) Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra OneUI 5.0 Beta Thread

Search This thread

pahlerc1

Jan 9, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hope I can help! I went through three and a half hours of trying to get the beta installed on my S908U1 unlocked ultra and finally got it to work after trying what seemed like literally everything. I could not get the update to successfully install via adb sideload or through the alliance shield app, it would fail every time. I finally read through here enough to figure out that since I had gotten the August update, it wouldn't work. Download Odin, flash the software build previous to the August update, then go back through and try installing the Beta via adb. After I downgraded to the previous software version (as several others have figured out for us and now recommend), mine went straight through. The beta installed no problem, and I was back up and running within 10 minutes....really wish I had read more before trying for over three hours.
I am thankful that I was still on the July update at the time when I flashed the beta so everything went smoothly. Having the unlocked phone straight from Google, seems as if I get updates after carrier specific/locked devices here in the US. Regardless, while I was sideloading the beta, i was like, damn i probably should've read more in case this goes sideways and i get stuck troubleshooting a phone for hours! haha has happened many times before lol so i read your comment and was like damn, yeah i know that struggle! glad you got up and running though! XDA forum is amazing, been around here for a decade or more and it's always nice to have people to help with issues! just always gotta follow directions and read :)

Reactions: mathewthegent

mathewthegent

Aug 17, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I know this is unrelated, but I was snooping around my samsung members app after installing beta and was playing around with the settings when I found this. Has anyone ever seen it before or know what it's for? To get it to pull up, you go to the about samsung members section in the apps settings and tap quickly 6 times on the "samsung members" heading...per s pen translation, it says please enter referrer ID. 🤔
Screenshot_20220818_141602_Samsung Members.jpg

Already 16 pages in to the "discussion." By the time everyone figures out what phone they have, if there's a beta available, where to get it, why won't it install, what's ADB, the beta will be over and we won't have actually discussed the beta itself. There really needs to be two threads. One as a How-To install (which has been covered every page for the last 16 pages), and a DISCUSSION thread.

Already 16 pages in to the "discussion." By the time everyone figures out what phone they have, if there's a beta available, where to get it, why won't it install, what's ADB, the beta will be over and we won't have actually discussed the beta itself. There really needs to be two threads. One as a How-To install (which has been covered every page for the last 16 pages), and a DISCUSSION thread.
You are so right

AhmedMomen

Dec 25, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S20
Latest test firmware build jumped from ZVH8 to ZVHG, it was stuck on ZVH8 for like 5 days.

Not sure if ZVHG is the build we will be getting for beta 2 or samsung will continue development.

Screenshot_20220819-092403_CheckFirm.jpg

Reactions: syles

oile

Jul 18, 2011
Taranto
The beta has been great so far. The only issue im seeing is with notifications.

When i get a ring notification, the entire screen blacks out with just the video showing. (its almost like an overlay issue?)

Has anyone else seen this?

Yeah my screen goes black for most notifications

Check if you have "reduce blur and transparency effects" activated in accessibility options (my device is in Italian so translation may be not exact). I had it on, switching it off restored correct behaviour

mathewthegent

Aug 17, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Anyone else notice an issue with charging after beta? When using super fast charging, the phone acknowledges that it's connected to a super charger and displays that on the lock screen and in the notification panel, but moments after it's plugged in, the display changes that to just "charging" on both the lock screen and notif. panel....but I'm pretty sure the actual charging speed is unaffected and still technically super fast charging. I've only had this issue, along with my fingerprint sensor display prompt not showing on some screens when it's prompting me for biometrics...secret mode on samsung internet, in dark mode is the only consistent way of reproducing this issue for me. Hope everyone's enjoying the beta!!

S22 Ultra s908U1 unlocked

Reactions: shag_on_e

shag_on_e

Sep 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm on the first beta on the SM-S908U1 (S22 Ultra Unlocked US version) and I've noticed a few things. The photo editor will sometimes glitch when looking at a photo and won't show the editing buttons until closing and reopening the picture. Battery life isn't very great for me, especially in idle with the screen off. I'll give the BOD since I do have a lot of apps installed but it drains I believe too quickly. I've also noticed fast charging doesn't seem to be working correctly. Using a wattage monitor I've found that it will mostly stay charging at 15 watts occasionally going up to 26, but that is rare. And this is using the 45 watt block with a high speed cable. If the phone is at 20% it should be charging at max speed or at least higher than that. On the positive though it does feel very snappy for the most part.

shag_on_e

Sep 3, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This is an ongoing issue with forums. People don't read, it's apparently easier to have someone answer the same questions over and over.

Reactions: hand-filer

scorpio50

May 4, 2010
Lahore
Any solution to flash one UI 5 on S22 Ultra U1 varrient on August update. An error occurs at arround 48% of the installation via ADB.

Top Liked Posts