General [OneUI 5 Beta] (Snapdragon) Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra OneUI 5.0 Beta Thread

Search This thread

kosta20071

Jan 10, 2011
Mehhh can't wait. Too bad the E version is always the last one to receive updates , well... at least it is SnapDragon

chloeleedow

Jul 29, 2013
yeah totally agree, im in aus too and this is the first snapdragon samsung iv owned, the last samsung i had, which i still have was the s9+ and i was happy as larry when the betas came to germany first as i could download them straight away lol
Think the s9 series was a brilliant phone only thing it lacked that came in the s10+5g was the new super fast charging. It was the last phone you could root change csc features to get everything you wanted that didn't come with ours call recording and some other cool **** then unroot just with stock ap file and keep everything, pretty sure warranty doesn't matter even if Knox is tripped here we have ACCC on our side and I hate samsung pay and health which broke anyway. Also swear they held up way better with a busted screen than newer models you could still use them even with the most smashed screens imaginable lol now you crack a small part of these newer ones they seem to become unusable very quickly. I got the s22+ this time and I love the flat edges you can get a decent screen protector on them without it falling off due to the curves and such plus curves are sling for a smashed screen because covers can't protect those parts, not very well anyway. Oh also you could edit the files that changed the headphone jack impedance and volume damn those things would get loud and drive massive headphones with ease another trick that needed root but could be saved after reverting back to stock kernal and recovery through using customer recovery. Samsung has locked a lot of things down now even non security related stuff and it's pissing me off. Especially the lack of native video calls now. They force duo on us, yeah it might be better and cross platform but my parents are old and not tech savvy but on old Samsung's video call was out of the box on telstra and I assume other networks. I raved about that on the members page and got blocked 😂

DaOldMan

Oct 6, 2010
As far as I've read only Tmobile and Sprint (now also Tmobile) participate in the beta program. So if you are on Verizon you probably won't see that show up. Unsure if it's only branded phones, or if it's just being on their network.
This is why i asked which network he uses. I know t-mo got the first betas. Nothing about Verizon.

Reactions: xgerryx

Mackmiller974

Jan 19, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro
The S908U download link doesn't work. I tried to even copy link address on a new Tab and still didn't work
Screenshot_20220807-120939_Chrome.jpg

FernBch

As far as I've read only Tmobile and Sprint (now also Tmobile) participate in the beta program. So if you are on Verizon you probably won't see that show up. Unsure if it's only branded phones, or if it's just being on their network.

That's what I figured, should have known better. Verizon is just the most unfriendly as far as anything they cannot control.....

syedtahir16

Nov 10, 2013
Read the thread about installing the beta. Also you wrote tons about your device but still I don't know what exact model you actually have :-( . You need to write the exact model which you can find in the about device in settings. There are several Snapdragon S22 models. There are international models and there are USA models. I don't know which one SM-9010 is. It should have a letter after the number which makes the model name complete.
You can only install the exact rom for your exact model. Otherwise the installation will fail.
Hope this helps.
Mine is the international variant. Snapdragon unlocked, taiwan firmware (BRI).
The full model # in the about section is SM-9010 [https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s22/firmware/SM-S9010/BRI/]

Ok. so I need to wait for update for my device specifically (y).
Thank you.

Sylvie5402

Apr 11, 2019
OnePlus 7 Pro
That's what I figured, should have known better. Verizon is just the most unfriendly as far as anything they cannot control.....
You can flash unlocked firmware from this thread with ODIN without rooting or tripping Knox or anything and then install the 13 beta with adb or allianceshield. I'm running the beta right now on a locked s22 ultra bought from Verizon.

Reactions: Blackfyre

winxuser

Jan 15, 2012
Brisbane
Huawei Nexus 6P
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Think the s9 series was a brilliant phone only thing it lacked that came in the s10+5g was the new super fast charging. It was the last phone you could root change csc features to get everything you wanted that didn't come with ours call recording and some other cool **** then unroot just with stock ap file and keep everything, pretty sure warranty doesn't matter even if Knox is tripped here we have ACCC on our side and I hate samsung pay and health which broke anyway. Also swear they held up way better with a busted screen than newer models you could still use them even with the most smashed screens imaginable lol now you crack a small part of these newer ones they seem to become unusable very quickly. I got the s22+ this time and I love the flat edges you can get a decent screen protector on them without it falling off due to the curves and such plus curves are sling for a smashed screen because covers can't protect those parts, not very well anyway. Oh also you could edit the files that changed the headphone jack impedance and volume damn those things would get loud and drive massive headphones with ease another trick that needed root but could be saved after reverting back to stock kernal and recovery through using customer recovery. Samsung has locked a lot of things down now even non security related stuff and it's pissing me off. Especially the lack of native video calls now. They force duo on us, yeah it might be better and cross platform but my parents are old and not tech savvy but on old Samsung's video call was out of the box on telstra and I assume other networks. I raved about that on the members page and got blocked 😂
the s9 still is a great phone, now having a full port of android 12 ;) and possibly android 13 once the not 10 lite gets the official release :p,, and yes i agree with the screen, mine is cracked and yet still works perfect,, the only issue i have now with my phone is the battery is at 50% health, other than that its a brilliant phone still

eldiego01

Sep 28, 2010
Recuerdo que el año pasado tuve un s21 snapdragon y mi modelo solo estaba en la India y nunca pude probar esa beta... así que si mi modelo se va de la India pierdo la esperanza...

Mod edit: English please!
Google translation:

I remember last year I had a snapdragon s21 and my model was only in India and I never got to test that beta... so if my model leaves India I lose hope...

Last edited by a moderator:
Some kinda alarming news regarding the E models beta, there is a chance the wait for the beta to roll out in India might be longer than initially anticipated. Samsung newsroom website posted official stuff about the beta here

The text says:
"with releases in other regions planned over the coming months"

Not sure why they put "months" there as the beta program usually goes on for like 2 months, so "weeks" would have been more suitable, however we can't say for sure that it's coming out late because of this text. A "Z" beta 1 build for E models already exists on their servers
Screenshot_20220806-084148_CheckFirm.jpg
and it has the same exact build number as the exynos and snapdragon US beta. Which means it should literally come out in a couple of days.

The situation is pretty confusing since there is no confirmed date from samsung. Not sure if they want to wait for beta 2 and release it as beta 1 for India like last year or something else is in their mind.

peacey8

Let me know how it works! I'll try it later tonight
RE: Canada 5G on U1 beta

So I installed stock XAA U1 on my S908W then updated with the beta U1 zip you linked. It installed fine, however 5G was still not working on the U1 firmware. I checked *#*#4636#*#* and it said "NR Available (NSA): false" and "EN-DC Available: false". These values were true on the stock U1 firmware before upgrading to beta U1. I think them being false blocks 5G from working.

I managed to get 5G working on the beta by flashing stock U1 CSC + stock U1 CP (or stock W CP) together after updating to the beta. This made those values change to true. And my phone now connected to 5G! (Note: Flashing CSC alone wasn't enough, I had to flash XAA CSC+CP from stock firmware to get 5G working).

...BUT, it wasn't perfect. After the update, 5G only works on some bands but not all. Checking LTE Discovery before the update, I was connecting to 5G through the LTE B13, B2, B4 bands in my area. But after the update + CSC/CP flashing, it only connects to 5G on LTE B13. It doesn't seem to work on LTE B2/B4, which means it doesn't switch to 5G in all areas it used to (where B13 is not available like in my home).

So it seems like a partial solution for now. I don't know if there's anyway to get the other bands working without being able to flash W CSC, as those bands might not be used in the US for 5G NR NSA...

Reactions: lexcyn

Top Liked Posts