General [OneUI 5 Beta] (Snapdragon) Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra OneUI 5.0 Beta Thread

Search This thread

JDBarlow

Aug 27, 2010
White Oak, TX
According to the exynos thread, alliance app can only be used with exynos. Soo I'll have to flash it via adb. Fuuuuuuuuunnnnn
Pretty simple to do as long as you have ADB working. Power off then Hold volume up and power button together once you see Samsung splash count 1, 2, and then let go of power button holding volume up until it boots to recovery. Choose apply update from ADB. With phone plugged into PC type adb sideload and you can drag and drop the update.zip file from its destination to your terminal window. Hit enter and let her rip!! Reboot and enjoy beta!!

Attachments

• 20220809_214716.jpg
    20220809_214716.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
  • 20220809_215104.jpg
    20220809_215104.jpg
    627.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

kkw620

Jul 31, 2010
Seoul, Korea
There aren't any OneUI 5.0 beta related threads for the Snapdragon variant, so I shamelessly ripped this from @profi_fahrer! Thanks mate!

You can post the Update.zip Links here and discuss about the beta.

The Beta has begun today in Germany and South Korea, other markets should follow soon.

www.sammobile.com

BREAKING: Samsung Galaxy S22 One UI 5.0 beta is rolling out now

The wait for the One UI 5.0 beta is finally coming to an end. While we expected the beta to ...
www.sammobile.com

Update Files (Update.zip):
S22
1. (SM-G901E) [Not yet available]
2. (SM-G901U) [Not yet available]
3. (SM-G901U1) [Not yet available]
4. (SM-G901N) [Not yet available]

S22+
1. (SM-G906E) [Not yet available]
2. (SM-G906U) [Not yet available]
3. (SM-G906U1) [Not yet available]
4. (SM-G906N) [Not yet available]

S22U
1. (SM-G908E) [Not yet available]
2. (SM-G908U) LINK [Link Updated]
3. (SM-G908U1) LINK
4. (SM-G908N) LINK

How to install:
With ADB:
BredzProh made a perfect tutorial on how to install the beta (+ the Updates) via ADB: Thread

Small FAQ:
Can I downgrade back to Android 12?

- Yes, a downgrade is possible, but the Phone will reset to its factory settings and your Data/Files will be gone. To downgrade, follow the normal Odin-Steps for flashing a firmware or use the emergency-flashing included in Samsung Smart Switch (PC)

Will I get automatic Updates (OTA) after flashing the beta?
- No, except it is the last (final) version. You will need to install every beta manually, including the Update to the last version. Beta updates are not connected to "normal" update, so the security updates can be sooner or later than normally. After the beta is finished and you are on the final version, you will receive further updates normally via OTA.

Crashes, Lags, Freezes, Bugs and other strange behaviors?
- Like any beta software, the OneUI Beta might be unstable. Sadly, only the people, who can register to the Beta via Samsung Members are allowed to send Feedback directly to Samsung. A factory reset is not necessary, to update to the beta, but it is recommended, if you experience severe problems with the firmware.

Can I use banking apps or streaming apps (ex. Netflix)?
- Yes and no. While the device is on a beta update, the Google certification will fail. Now it depends, how the app uses this state. Some banking apps will not work or reduce their functions on beta firmware. The same might happen with Netflix or other streaming apps.

The hyperlink for S22U(SM-G908N) is linking to wrong file which is for SM-G901N.

It must be replaced to (http://fota-secure-dn.ospserver.net...55:39&px-unum=&px-nb=UGtezEZ854jbmFcvWGxLEA==)

Reactions: Arun1314

1dopewrx05

Yes! Driving me bonkers trying to figure out what's causing it.
This is a known documented bug. Unfortunately there's no sure 100% fix but me and a few others have resolved this issue by booting to bootloader, clear cache 3 times then repair apps and let it do it's thing. After it reboots set your phone to vibrate via quick toggle then you're free to set volume to whatever you want. This stopped the god awful random notification sounds throughout the night for me, hasn't happened once in 2 days now. Good luck

P-KAY 2323

Sep 2, 2014
Pune
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
This is a known documented bug. Unfortunately there's no sure 100% fix but me and a few others have resolved this issue by booting to bootloader, clear cache 3 times then repair apps and let it do it's thing. After it reboots set your phone to vibrate via quick toggle then you're free to set volume to whatever you want. This stopped the god awful random notification sounds throughout the night for me, hasn't happened once in 2 days now. Good luck
If that's the case, it might just be pinging for a crash report being collected or something. Did anyone check notification history, or does nice shot work?

Quick update on the international snapdragon SM-S90XE beta situation, it seems like we're going to skip the beta 1 build that every other model got, since development has continued on the software for both E models and B models, i found a new ZVH6 build using sherlock in CheckFirm.

So, we are probably going to go right to beta 2 whenever it comes out in India.
Screenshot_20220810-204421_CheckFirm.jpg

P-KAY 2323

Sep 2, 2014
Pune
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Quick update on the international snapdragon SM-S90XE beta situation, it seems like we're going to skip the beta 1 build that every other model got, since development has continued on the software for both E models and B models, i found a new ZVH6 build using sherlock in CheckFirm.

So, we are probably going to go right to beta 2 whenever it comes out in India.
View attachment 5682429
That's what happened last year. Wouldn't surprise me if they did it again. Cheap as it may be.

Reactions: AhmedMomen

AleXXander87

Aug 10, 2022
Anyone knows how to fix the Expert RAW app now? It crashes the moment you try and take a picture.. tried reinstall with no luck looks like it does not suport Android 13 yet? Anyone can confirm please? Cheers

P-KAY 2323

Sep 2, 2014
Pune
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Anyone knows how to fix the Expert RAW app now? It crashes the moment you try and take a picture.. tried reinstall with no luck looks like it does not suport Android 13 yet? Anyone can confirm please? Cheers
Probably not supported. It took a few months after stable was available for Goodluck to work on A12 stable. Expert raw being a non system app, I don't imagine it would have been updated to work on A13.

Last edited:
Reactions: AleXXander87

Nit3H8wk

Mar 3, 2011
I got an error this device has an unexpected build date friday july 22 2022. (Update) I got it to work by downgrading back to the july patch. Just got my s22 ultra unlocked from best buy today.

Last edited:

armyvet66629

Aug 9, 2022
Chicago, IL
Got adb working, but when I downloaded the smg908u for my att s22, renamed it "update.zip", and put it in the proper location, the screen says "cannot read update.zip" when I execute the command. Damn it

Top Liked Posts