General [OneUI 5 Beta] (Snapdragon) Galaxy S22/S22+/S22 Ultra OneUI 5.0 Beta Thread

Search This thread

AVISHOR

Aug 8, 2022
Whats does the First letter means? G vs S for example, and the last one E for example?

alisaeed

Nov 7, 2010
I never saw a model starting with G... S is S series, A is,A series, M is M series, N was the Note....
Last letter after the model is the sale region... B is Europe/International, U is US, U1 is US unlocked, 0 and E I am not very sure, I think E is for Latin America, Brazil, Columbia and 0 for China, maybe India gets E as well
I think E for Middle East, I have the Saudi Arabia Version and my model is SM-S908E

Reactions: Rapier

WannaB101

Sep 23, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
The beta has been great so far. The only issue im seeing is with notifications.

When i get a ring notification, the entire screen blacks out with just the video showing. (its almost like an overlay issue?)

Has anyone else seen this?

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
Verizon 908U. After Installing Beta, I keep getting the notification that Sodtware Update 7 (AVG8) is ready to install. I wonder what would happen if i hit install. Probably fail but wanted to ask here if this is common? Also my google pay still works so that's great. Other than the Update page every so often I haven't had any issues.

Darbar1701

Account currently disabled
Nov 25, 2016
The beta has been great so far. The only issue im seeing is with notifications.

When i get a ring notification, the entire screen blacks out with just the video showing. (its almost like an overlay issue?)

Has anyone else seen this?
Yeah my screen goes black for most notifications

Darbar1701

Account currently disabled
Nov 25, 2016
Yeah it's not a deal breaker for me as I get them on my watch most of the day anyway

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
Anyone noticing that their camera is activating during phone calls? I get the little yellow dot in the top right corner when in phone calls.

Reactions: dacare78

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
Anyone noticing that their camera is activating during phone calls? I get the little yellow dot in the top right corner when in phone calls.
The yellow dot shows when the camera or microphone are in use. So it obviously comes on when making a phone call, as the microphone is in use.

Reactions: Rapier

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
It's frigging impossible to reply correctly on mobile. No wonder I stopped being active on XDA.

Anyway. Never noticed it for the mics. Just the camera. From what I read it's only for the camera.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
I stand corrected though. It's green for camera and yellow for mics. But I still don't remember seeing it before for mics.

mathewthegent

Aug 17, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Does anyone have the beta for the SM-S908U1 model?
I tried flashing with (SM-G908U1) link but when its in the middle of flashing I get an error
Hope I can help! I went through three and a half hours of trying to get the beta installed on my S908U1 unlocked ultra and finally got it to work after trying what seemed like literally everything. I could not get the update to successfully install via adb sideload or through the alliance shield app, it would fail every time. I finally read through here enough to figure out that since I had gotten the August update, it wouldn't work. Download Odin, flash the software build previous to the August update, then go back through and try installing the Beta via adb. After I downgraded to the previous software version (as several others have figured out for us and now recommend), mine went straight through. The beta installed no problem, and I was back up and running within 10 minutes....really wish I had read more before trying for over three hours.

Some may find this helpful:

Last edited:

scorpio50

May 4, 2010
Lahore
HELLO ALL DEVS AND USERS.

I am having S22 ultra USA unlocked variant (SM-G908U1). I am trying to enroll my device for beta one UI5. But there are one 9 slides I can see in Samsung Members app. where as other people are having 10 slides with 10th being beta enroll slide. what could be the issue?
currently I am out of U.S and have tried with local country and U.S through VPN as well. but no luck.
I know there is zip file linked in this thread. but I want to register official for future updates and especially writing reviews about issue and problem in beta build.

Anyone help me in this will be much appreciated.

Top Liked Posts