Question OneUI crashing when trying to add widgets

Search This thread

rafithegreat

Oct 10, 2010
Anyone else experiencing a similar issue? After Feb. update, when I long-press a blank space on the home screen to add a widget, the phone hangs and OneUI crashes, throwing me back to the home screen.
Have tried to clear OneUI app data and cache, but no help.
Any chance there's a specific package that might be relevant to the functionality? I debloated a while back, and wondering if something I removed may have botched this function...

Thanks!

Reactions: crazyut

abhi021

Jul 6, 2011
Did you update the one UI from galaxy store?
If yes uninstall the update.
Got to settings, apps, search one UI click on 3 dots, uninstall update.

Either the new update has a bug or its not for s21 series

rafithegreat

Oct 10, 2010
Thanks for your reply.

I didn't manually install it at any stage. In the galaxy store it just appears as 'installed' with no option to uninstall updates (nor does that option show up in the settings section of the phone).
Very unusual - any other suggestions?

EDIT: OK, so I missed the 4 dots. Apologies for that. I uninstalled the updates (no idea how they were installed), and all is well.
Many thanks :)

abhi021

Jul 6, 2011
So just figured out, If you have disabled Samsung free as bloatware ONE UI launcher will crash after update.
before updating make sure Samsung Free is working.

Last edited:

abhi021

Jul 6, 2011
what do you mean by disable samsung free as bloatware? i thought samsung free was already a bloatware?
In my case I had disabled Samsung Free through ADB. After enabling it, launcher worked fine. Double checked it by disabling Samsung free and it crashed again. So by default one cannot disable the Samsung free bloatware

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone else experiencing a similar issue? After Feb. update, when I long-press a blank space on the home screen to add a widget, the phone hangs and OneUI crashes, throwing me back to the home screen.
    Have tried to clear OneUI app data and cache, but no help.
    Any chance there's a specific package that might be relevant to the functionality? I debloated a while back, and wondering if something I removed may have botched this function...

Thanks!
    Dont want this **** Samsung free bloatware... Samsung should push an update because of this...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone