Online courses offered on the XDA Depot site

Search This thread

[email protected]

Aug 2, 2016
Mesa
Hey Now XDA Brainiacs,
I am very interested in learning about Android Development, Networking and/or Cyber Security as possible new career paths. I've been in I.T. for over 30 years doing mainly Field Service Tech/Analyst support and some Network support. I noticed some "too good to be true" prices on the XDA Depot website (via emails from XDA Developers site) for several courses - The Ultimate DevOps Mastery Bundle, The Complete Android N Developer Course - Build 17 Apps, The Python Power Coder BONUS Bundle, etc. Now, I have no idea which courses would be the best to start with, but I just wanted to know if anybody could let me know why they are so inexpensive? Many of them seem to have Lifetime Access (I'm 55, so it shouldn't be too long...) or 1-2 year access to the course, so I assume they will be updated with the newer technologies and programming languages in the future - or is that an incorrect assumption? Again, is this too good to be true? Thanks for your time and keep up the GREAT work.
John Story
I contacted XDA Depot Support and only got the following answer which didn't help much:

Veronica Munroe (Support)
Mar 23, 2:33 PM PDT

Hi John,

Thanks for writing in!

We're an online marketplace through which vendors sell their products at a great price. We are working really hard with our vendors to get all these prices for you.

Let me know if you need anything else; otherwise, have a great day :)
Your support hero,
Veronica:

Reactions: twocrows

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Now XDA Brainiacs,
    I am very interested in learning about Android Development, Networking and/or Cyber Security as possible new career paths. I've been in I.T. for over 30 years doing mainly Field Service Tech/Analyst support and some Network support. I noticed some "too good to be true" prices on the XDA Depot website (via emails from XDA Developers site) for several courses - The Ultimate DevOps Mastery Bundle, The Complete Android N Developer Course - Build 17 Apps, The Python Power Coder BONUS Bundle, etc. Now, I have no idea which courses would be the best to start with, but I just wanted to know if anybody could let me know why they are so inexpensive? Many of them seem to have Lifetime Access (I'm 55, so it shouldn't be too long...) or 1-2 year access to the course, so I assume they will be updated with the newer technologies and programming languages in the future - or is that an incorrect assumption? Again, is this too good to be true? Thanks for your time and keep up the GREAT work.
    John Story
    I contacted XDA Depot Support and only got the following answer which didn't help much:

Veronica Munroe (Support)
    Mar 23, 2:33 PM PDT

Hi John,

Thanks for writing in!

We're an online marketplace through which vendors sell their products at a great price. We are working really hard with our vendors to get all these prices for you.

Let me know if you need anything else; otherwise, have a great day :)
    Your support hero,
    Veronica: