Online petition

tiwiz

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 8, 2010
Torino
roberto.orgiu.net
Hello everyone,
I just made an online petition to obtain ICS for our device. I know someone can say we only want last release of an operating system and such. In my opinion, that's false. We want something we paid for. I gave LG my trust and they disappointed me. Please, sign the petition, if you share my thoughts, or at least give it a read.

Thanks to all who'll help out

Tiwiz

tiwiz

Nov 8, 2010
Torino
roberto.orgiu.net
Why dont you just file a complaint directly to the your country's consumer protection agency?
Mainly for two reasons, mate:
- I have many friends with LG2x and they can't flash, for a million of reasons, they are afraid of bricks, afraid of not finiding confortable with custom roms, bugs, etc... and I, as CM user, think that we should all get updates, for the money we spent in the phone and the disappointing feeling. We use CM, but it's bad LG just discontinued her flagship phone.
- It's not only Italy's problem: if it were just Italy, I would have worked on other releases and made it available as custom rom, as every other person on this forum would do, but it's a common problem, and I thought we need a common solution.

Thanks for your reply, if I sounded rude, please forgive me, it's only difficult to explain such things in a foreign language.

Tiwiz

hisham027

Feb 25, 2011
Petaling Jaya - Malaysia
no, its fine. I did sign the petition before replying to the thread. The consumer protection agency one was just a suggestion. I am in Maldives and we dont have an LG office/branch here, therefor we cannot do anything against them.

tiwiz

Nov 8, 2010
Torino
roberto.orgiu.net
no, its fine. I did sign the petition before replying to the thread. The consumer protection agency one was just a suggestion. I am in Maldives and we dont have an LG office/branch here, therefor we cannot do anything against them.
For what I could understand, smaller offices, like italians just works as test units, so it would be a waste of time to keep in touch with them...

@davjan you are right, but after the Android Handset Alliance, this is just a pain to ear... ICS can run on Nexus S, it MUST run on our...

Tiwiz

75markus

Mar 30, 2010
Hello everyone,
I just made an online petition to obtain ICS for our device. I know someone can say we only want last release of an operating system and such. In my opinion, that's false. We want something we paid for. I gave LG my trust and they disappointed me. Please, sign the petition, if you share my thoughts, or at least give it a read.

Thanks to all who'll help out

Tiwiz
nice try, but no one will give a f*-ck about it !

as for other android phones : you get the version installed & 1 update ...

so ... froyo + GB , that´s it. then our phone is outdated.

companies want to make money & sell new phones, so that´s their policy ...

i can sign your petition if you like, but it will change nothing ...

sorry, but that´s the truth

but at least we have official CM support, so when ICS SDK is available, we will get it from this source :)

eniux

Mar 26, 2011
Enschede
Even the gb leaks are based on froyo kernels. Face it we are never going to get gingerbread let alone ICS because LG simply can't do it. (I blame nvidia aswell btw but thats a whole different story)

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA App