Only bootloader accessible after MacGyver-style

Search This thread

phaetjay

Jan 8, 2017
Hi people,

I have a Motorola Defy plus (MB526) lying around. Because it is such a nice phone, I'd like to use it as second/backup/emergency device, but my last attempts to install a not-completely-outdated OS failed miserabely.
Now, the phone is in the following state:
- Power button does nothing, vol down + power also nothing.
- When plugged in, white LED is on, but battery apparently does not charge.
- Vol up + power gets me into a bootloader screen, but I have a "battery low" error message.
- By destroying a USB cable :) I was able to manually connect 5V to the battery when inside the phone, so I now get: Battery OK, OK to program, transfer mode USB.
Also, when now booting, the Motorola sign appears for a few seconds and the phone gets stuck in the boot animation of an old CM version that I previously tried to install.

Does somebody know how to proceed from here to flash any functioning ROM? Or to flash TWRP or CWM?
Can I somehow access the phone in this state using adb? Could fastboot flash recovery work (at the moment, I only get <waiting for device>) after getvar all?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks a lot,
Jay

Last edited:

rootdefyxt320

Oct 4, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi people,

I have a Motorola Defy plus (MB526) lying around. Because it is such a nice phone, I'd like to use it as second/backup/emergency device, but my last attempts to install a not-completely-outdated OS failed miserabely.
- Vol up + power gets me into a bootloader screen, but I have a "battery low" error message.
- By destroying a USB cable :) I was able to manually connect 5V to the battery when inside the phone, so I now get: Battery OK, OK to program, transfer mode USB.
Also, when now booting, the Motorola sign appears for a few seconds and the phone gets stuck in the boot animation of an old CM version that I previously tried to install.

Does somebody know how to proceed from here to flash any functioning ROM? Or to flash TWRP or CWM?
Can I somehow access the phone in this state using adb? Could fastboot flash recovery work (at the moment, I only get <waiting for device>) after getvar all?

Jay

Flash the correct SBF using RSD Lite or sbf_flash to your Defy+ MB526 which would be using CG version 5, 6 or 7. I recommend flashing a lower CG SBF such as DHT-22 SBF. Then wipe data/factory reset in Motorola Stock Recovery by pressing Vol Down and Power Button simultaneously. If you get a black screen then flash a higher CG SBF. Read this Defy AIO guide here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1216982

Reactions: phaetjay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi people,

Jay

Flash the correct SBF using RSD Lite or sbf_flash to your Defy+ MB526 which would be using CG version 5, 6 or 7. I recommend flashing a lower CG SBF such as DHT-22 SBF. Then wipe data/factory reset in Motorola Stock Recovery by pressing Vol Down and Power Button simultaneously. If you get a black screen then flash a higher CG SBF. Read this Defy AIO guide here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1216982
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone