• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

kitsane

Jul 23, 2021
I bought s8 plus (G955f) couple days ago and i wanted to change rom and flash twrp but i cant, while trying flash twrp on odin its failing, i have android 9 and oem unlock option, i tried to flash older rom (i dont have a screenshot) thats official but it show this error sw rev check fail bootloader binary 4 device 11 and stuck on bootloader.img.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    111.4 KB · Views: 36

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
I bought s8 plus (G955f) couple days ago and i wanted to change rom and flash twrp but i cant, while trying flash twrp on odin its failing, i have android 9 and oem unlock option, i tried to flash older rom (i dont have a screenshot) thats official but it show this error sw rev check fail bootloader binary 4 device 11 and stuck on bootloader.img.
A couple of things i can see but will need more information

The SW Rev check error is your trying to flash older firmware than what is on your phone. Use latest firmware.

If you have OEM unlocked but KG/RMM state in prenorrnal state then you can't flash.

From your screen shot of odin, you phone is not connected. Near the top left there a box with ID:Com should show up as being connected.

Also use the latest twrp from twrp website.

kitsane

Jul 23, 2021

The SW Rev check error is your trying to flash older firmware than what is on your phone. Use latest firmware.

If you have OEM unlocked but KG/RMM state in prenorrnal state then you can't flash.

From your screen shot of odin, you phone is not connected. Near the top left there a box with ID:Com should show up as being connected.

SW rev shows only when im flashing android 8 (older firmware)
I dont know how to check KG/RMM state
Yes i know i just removed it after and make screenshot much much later, it always shows when phone is in dl mode
Yes Im using latest twrp from twrp site.

kitsane

Jul 23, 2021

I checked in download mode KG/RMM state RMM is prenormal and KG is checking

spawnlives

Jan 27, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S9
SW rev shows only when im flashing android 8 (older firmware)
I dont know how to check KG/RMM state
Yes i know i just removed it after and make screenshot much much later, it always shows when phone is in dl mode
Yes Im using latest twrp from twrp site.
Due to bootloader version numbers you can not downgrade your device only upgrade. Bootloader is the 5th number/letter from the right of the firmware name you are downloading.

KG/RMM state can be checked in download mode.
prenorrnal - can't flash ( you can only flash stock samsung firmware )
checking/not there - you can flash

Edit:
If RMM is prenormal you can't flash. you can try the date method to see if help this changes the state.
There are many guides on this method some are slightly different

eg:

or wait the so called waiting 7 days ( 168 hrs ) seems to fix this as well ( with internet connection ).

kitsane

Jul 23, 2021
Due to bootloader version numbers you can not downgrade your device only upgrade. Bootloader is the 5th number/letter from the right of the firmware name you are downloading.

KG/RMM state can be checked in download mode.
prenorrnal - can't flash ( you can only flash stock samsung firmware )
checking/not there - you can flash

Edit:
If RMM is prenormal you can't flash. you can try the date method to see if help this changes the state.
There are many guides on this method some are slightly different

eg:

or wait the so called waiting 7 days ( 168 hrs ) seems to fix this as well ( with internet connection ).
Thanks its probably it, i will check it tommorow, thank you for help.