• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Only splash screen even in Android

Search This thread

szerbi

Feb 13, 2018
Gdańsk
So, first I thought my brother's A51 was water damaged because it was wet a little bit and charging was being interrupted. I left the phone turned off for the night and wanted to look at it again the next morning. The problem is that the screen or something else stopped working.

The screen works fine in Download mode, Recovery mode, or at splash screen with phone's model name, the problem begins when it's booting to Android. It's still stuck at the splash screen. no boot animation, no lock screen visible, just a model name. It's not bricked, because I can still unlock the phone (didn't have a password) and I can hear the unlock sound or charging sound (it started working again).
I tried factory reset through recovery - didn't help, flashing fresh firmware from Frija - didn't help. The only thing that changed is now the splash screen brightness goes down a bit and I noticed that until I am touching the screen so the phone can't lock itself it doesn't turn off the splash screen, but when I press the lock button it turns off the screen and I can't turn it back on, but the phone still works because I can hear charging sounds and it shows up in Device manager.

I also opened it because I wanted to see if there's any water damage, but I didn't see any water marks or burnt components. I cleaned the charging board with alcohol and let it dry but that didn't help.

I'm worried that there's something wrong with the motherboard or the charging board because it has a screen connector.

I can also see that some people here have similar issues:

I should also add that I don't have access to settings so I can't unlock OEM and flash custom recovery / ROM. I also cannot downgrade to Android 10 (duh)