• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OOS 11.0.2.1 is there!

Search This thread

trueToastedCode

Mar 14, 2019
Cologne
OnePlus 7
I've just updated my device and so far i am actually happy this time. I personally had serious issues whith 11.0.1.1 but it seems fixed now... My device runs smooth and finally it does not heat up by just being on the launcher.

Let us know if u experience still issues!

KalolParty

I've just updated my device and so far i am actually happy this time. I personally had serious issues whith 11.0.1.1 but it seems fixed now... My device runs smooth and finally it does not heat up by just being on the launcher.

I'm so glad to see a glowing review!

Did you do an incremental update or the full OTA? Also, did you wipe the cache after?

I had an extremely bad experience on 11.0.1.1 so I'm very skeptical about upgrading from 10.3.8 now

pranob1993

May 3, 2013
Mumbai
I've just updated my device and so far i am actually happy this time. I personally had serious issues with 11.0.1.1 but it seems fixed now... My device runs smooth and finally it does not heat up by just being on the launcher.

I have issue with Whatsapp, its not running in background .. I use WhatsApp web whole day and everytime after 15-20 mins I have to reopen WhatsApp to get connected to web.

I tried changing Battery setting to Dont Optimize for WhatsApp .. still problem persist ..

Im on latest 11.0.2.1 OOS build with ButterLimits Mod set to Extreme. Still no help ..

Anyone can help me with a solution ?

trueToastedCode

Mar 14, 2019
Cologne
OnePlus 7
I'm so glad to see a glowing review!

Did you do an incremental update or the full OTA? Also, did you wipe the cache after?

I had an extremely bad experience on 11.0.1.1 so I'm very skeptical about upgrading from 10.3.8 now
Well i dont have problems with the battery and heating anymore... but OOS11 in general is not perfect and i am not sure if this is related to the OP7 version. Like it's still slower than 10... Is this related to OP7 to make people buy the newer phones? Mhhh but who buys from the the same company if OP makes phones obviously slower through updates - Are people so stupid... In 2021 Idk.

granazias

Nov 22, 2014
LG V30
LG V50 ThinQ
What about the Widevine L3 level after 11.0.2.1 update?
Did the update fixed this bug?
In my case it didn't,so i still cant watch HD videos on netflix,despite the fact that the update changelog,reported the above fix for video streaming apps.
Is any of you lucky to have Widevine L1 back?

trueToastedCode

Mar 14, 2019
Cologne
OnePlus 7
What about the Widevine L3 level after 11.0.2.1 update?
Did the update fixed this bug?
In my case it didn't,so i still cant watch HD videos on netflix,despite the fact that the update changelog,reported the above fix for video streaming apps.
Is any of you lucky to have Widevine L1 back?
Since i've updated my phone to 11 i never had issues with L1 on 11 even with unlocked bootloader ... But i lost it for some reason on 10 ... It comes back on 11 but not on 10 anymore. Idk why OnePlus phones have such issues 🤔 I think since OnePlus is so slow with updates now it won't get fixed any time soon or probably not at all ;/ I personally would not purchase a OnePlus anymore at all. Like i literally bought one cause of their reputition for good software support and they really had in the past even for older phones

granazias

Nov 22, 2014
LG V30
LG V50 ThinQ
Since i've updated my phone to 11 i never had issues with L1 on 11 even with unlocked bootloader ... But i lost it for some reason on 10 ... It comes back on 11 but not on 10 anymore. Idk why OnePlus phones have such issues 🤔 I think since OnePlus is so slow with updates now it won't get fixed any time soon or probably not at all ;/ I personally would not purchase a OnePlus anymore at all. Like i literally bought one cause of their reputition for good software support and they really had in the past even for older phones
For me the problem started after updating to 11.
Whilst being on 10,i never had any issue.
I dont know if it has to do with the rom for a specific region?
Mine now has the 11.0.2.1AA,rom,but when i was on 10,i had the BA version for EU,installed.
After updating to 11,i reversed from BA to AA..maybe this could be the culprit?
The big hirony is that i was interested in buying the 8t,but after all these Oneplus behaviours with the faulty and delayed updates,i stopped thinking of ever giving my money to them,despite the fact that their devices are so good.
Here i have to confirm that my Oneplus 7 is my first device of the company,and i feel so frustrated with that Widevine issue.
Other than that,my 7 is one of the best smartphones i ever had.