Question OOS 11.2.5.5BA/NA 5G/Dual Sim?

Search This thread

Natester769

Apr 6, 2021
Hi all, I think I already know the answer to my question.... I just want to be 100% sure as my searches are not quite revealing my answer.

Like many...when I received my NA OP9Pro I was disappointed to notice it wasn't dual SIM. Sent it back and still waiting for a refund for almost 2 months now. (That's a frustration with OP in itself...makes me want to go back to Samsung....UGH!) Anyways, I currently have an LE2120 (Chinese Model) running OOS 1.2.5.5BA (European version) and I am well aware that out of the box the NA version does not come with Dual SIM hardware.

The question that I am not 100% sure of is would the software build still allow dual SIM? My gut strongly tells me no..

The reason why I ask is that currently I don't have access to 5G. I thought it was because my work SIM didn't have 5G enabled on the carrier, I was incorrect. I still don't have access to a 5G, just shows 2G/3G/4G. I thought maybe it is because I am using a EU build here in Canada where maybe the bands don't line up...I have done searches on why 5G isn't available but nothing seems to fix it.

Just a shot in the dark...for people much smarter than I am!

Natester769

Apr 6, 2021
Maybe I didn't word my question in the correct fashion.

I have dual SIM hardware, in my case it is the Chinese Version but I'm told the hardware doesn't differ as it still a Global Version.

The question is NA ROM, on Dual SIM hardware. If the rom itself supports it. I would just try it, but then I have to wait for the next update.

KTFA

I have LE2120 and I'm switch to Oxygen OS and trying build AA/BA/DA all working with sim dual

About 5g .. i have same your problem no option 5g only 2g/3g/4g

First check your country bands support

First try:
*#*#4636#*#* and choose NR/LTE/CDMA/EvDo/GSM/WCDMA if not fix 5g

Another way to fix:
I'm fixed 5g same steps its was on op8p

Sorry about english

Natester769

Apr 6, 2021
I have LE2120 and I'm switch to Oxygen OS and trying build AA/BA/DA all working with sim dual

First try:

Another way to fix:

Sorry about english
So you have tried your LE2120 on AA? Dual SIM is all working ok?

I feel like switching to AA would get me unto the proper bands here in my country, but leary to do it because then I have to wait to the next build. Unless I decide to go root/magisk.

I did try the *#*# method, but that doesn't do anything. I have tried several different dialers and it never brings up this menu everyone talks about.

Natester769

Apr 6, 2021

First try:

Another way to fix:

Sorry about english
Any status on AA working with dual sim? I see that you never responded. I have the new .7 OTA update, but still hesitant to put it on if I loose dual sim