OOS 11 and Gmail not working

Search This thread

syntesys

Oct 11, 2011
Cagliari
Hi all,

haven't found a thread in this forum about the problem but... have someone problems with OOS 11.1.1.1 and Gmail? Mine does not sync and I lose a lot of emails. Is there a workaround/fix to resolve?

Thank you.

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
I'm also seeing this sporadically. The mails don't sync to the phone until I go into the Gmail app, at which point they load right away. I'm not losing any, just missing the notifications. I was seeing this on just one of my three accounts (intermittently) before the update, now all my accounts do it, still intermittently. I'm having to peek at gmail to see if anything important came in, several times an hour.

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
For what it's worth, I've booted to (stock) recovery and did a cache wipe from there. After rebooting and letting the system rebuild cache for a little while, email notifications are coming through for Gmail. I can't say how long this will last, but it does seem to be working for me at the moment. Note that doing a cache wipe from within Android/settings/apps/gmail/storage - wipe cache DID NOT fix the problem; I had tried that previously. It was doing the full cache wipe for everything in recovery mode that had a favorable effect.

s.seila

Aug 27, 2019
Phnom Penh
OnePlus 6T
FYI, Also started experiencing this issue on some custom roms running OOS 11 base. It is intermittent on both OOS 11.1.1.1 and custom roms. I get my Pixel 6 thursday and will be curious if the sync issue is present in A12.
The issue only present in oos11xxxx and some custom ROM that based on it. On other version and phone they are working fine.

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
Tried this solution, but after some days stopped working... So, I think something happens on syncronization process.
It's funny... a day or two after I posted my "all clear, working fine" note, it stopped working again. Going back into recovery and clearing the cache again fixes it... but for how long? I don't know enough about how the cache is used for the various components to guess what's going on. I recall from previous efforts that clearing JUST the GMAIL cache wasn't a solution immediately after the upgrade. So it's probably some other Google component cache getting bogged down.

syntesys

Oct 11, 2011
Cagliari
It's funny... a day or two after I posted my "all clear, working fine" note, it stopped working again. Going back into recovery and clearing the cache again fixes it... but for how long? I don't know enough about how the cache is used for the various components to guess what's going on. I recall from previous efforts that clearing JUST the GMAIL cache wasn't a solution immediately after the upgrade. So it's probably some other Google component cache getting bogged down.
I think the same, because I noticed sync problems also with Google calendar (less than Gmail, but sometimes happens). Did you notice problems with calendar?

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
I think the same, because I noticed sync problems also with Google calendar (less than Gmail, but sometimes happens). Did you notice problems with calendar?
I don't use the calendar for much since I'm really tied into my work calendar on another phone. My wife uses the calendar, on an account we share (so of course I get all of HER notifications, <facepalm>, but they are rare enough that I can't really track how faithfully it is working.

dmtec

May 20, 2018
OnePlus 6T
i'm constantly missing phone calls through gvoice and can barely send and receive anything in messenger lite. something is wrong with the battery optimization here because i've done everything i can to try and remedy this to no avail. wat do

Hello,
i'm still using the xXx 12.4 Nolimits magisk module
within my stock 11.1.1.1 oxygenOS.
I rebooted once selecting the
"rebuilddalvickcache" option (.profile file)
and now my gmail account is syncing correctly.
It's 16 days since i done that, hope this can
help other users that are using xXx too.
Good luck 🤞

Last edited:

NoFatePPC

Mar 12, 2007
there is a new patch out 11.2 , anyone tried it? i'm still on android 10 because of this issue

thnx for feedback

Frankenscript

May 29, 2014
Indianapolis Metro
Google Pixel 6
Just updated to the new patch 11.1.2.2 last night. Did a recovery reboot and cleared cache. Will now observe to see if the two problems I've had (gmail stops getting push updates and pedometer dies in Google fit after a day or so following reboot) go away. I will update once I have data.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just as an update, after doing the full cache clear in the stock recovery utility, my gmail has been flawless for all three accounts.