[OOS 11] Fix: Enable AOD, Re-enable DC Dimming & Removing OnePlus Login Option In Settings

Search This thread

Macusercom

Retired Forum Moderator
I've just upgraded to OOS 11 on my OP7T Pro and noticed two major things: DC dimming isn't an option anymore (might be fixed in the future) and for some reason my EU firmware shows a OnePlus account login at the top of the Settings app.

Pre-requisites for everything

Without root
  1. Use a PC with ADB (plenty of tutorials online)
  2. Enable ADB debugging in dev settings of your device
    (tap on the OOS 11 version number multiple times to enable dev settings)
With root
  1. Use a terminal like Terminal Emulator and paste the code line without "adb shell".

Enable Always On Display (requires root)​

The Always On Display works on OOS 11.0.0 stable but is disabled by default. @Quinny899 found a way to enable it on the Open Beta which still works on the stable build.
  1. Make sure you have root access via ADB (e.g. enable it in Magisk Manager) or give Terminal Emulator root access once it requests it.
  2. On your PC using ADB type:

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    setprop sys.aod.debug_support_always_on 1
    pkill systemui

3. Done. Now go to Settings > Display > Ambient Display > Always on ambient display and enable it.
Note that it doesn't survive a reboot. To fix that use his tutorial at the link down below. Our community even made a Magisk module for it making it very easy :)
What it does? It first asks for root permissions ("su") and then sets a prop that tells OOS to allow the AOD setting to be shown. At the end we restart SystemUI to allow the changes to be applied.

Fixing DC dimming

Variant #1
  1. On your PC using ADB type:

Code:
    adb shell
    settings put system oneplus_dc_dimming_value 1

2. Done. To disable change "1" to "0".
What it does? It sets the variable for DC dimming to 1 (enabled) or to 0 (disabled). Variant 2 does the same thing but it is accessed by opening up a hidden panel. As both require ADB this one is quicker and easier.

Code:
    adb shell
    am start-activity -a oneplus.intent.action.ONEPLUS_LAB_FEATURE_DETAILS -e oneplus_lab_feature_key oneplus_dc_dimming_value

2. The settings panel for DC dimming will now start on your device
  3. Enable or disable it as you please ;)

What it does? It starts the part of the OnePlus Lab that contains DC dimming. It is still there but for some reason it is hidden. The command will start the panel and let you enable or disable it.

Removing the OnePlus "Login in to account" Option in Settings

Code:
    adb shell
    pm uninstall --user 0 com.oneplus.account

2. Close the Settings app and thank me later ;)
What it does? It removes the culprit (the app "com.oneplus.account") from the user space. Meaning it will act as it is uninstalled for your user account. If you use multiple user accounts on one device you need to do that for each user account. It could affect other OnePlus apps like the Community app so be aware. It is never truly removed as it is a system app.

Re-adding the app is easy. Use:

Code:
adb shell
cmd package install-existing com.oneplus.account

Screenshot.jpg
"Log in to account" is added sometimes. The old way was to remove the /data/india/india.img file but on OOS 11 it doesn't exist.

I'm not sure if the EU version should even contain this but it is still annoying to some as it sits above all important settings options.

Please note: I'm not responsible for anything you do to your device. You use these tutorials at your own risk. Also note although I'm a moderator, this thread is neither official nor in any way more or less trustworthy than any other contribution by other awesome members!

Last edited:

joEmonkey351

Apr 25, 2021
Hi,

i am new to this forum and i have a quick question regarding 'enable always on display' below. i follow the link below and read member 'Quinny899' created a module 'aod.zip' to make this easier for everyone.
i downloaded and extracted the aod.zip but it does not come with instructions on how to implement it.
would someone be kind enough to provide instructions what to do after extracting the aod.zip

many thanks!!!

The Always On Display works on OOS 11.0.0 stable but is disabled by default. @Quinny899 found a way to enable it on the Open Beta which still works on the stable build.

1. Make sure you have root access via ADB (e.g. enable it in Magisk Manager) or give Terminal Emulator root access once it requests it.

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    pkill systemui
  3. Done. Now go to Settings > Display > Ambient Display > Always on ambient display and enable it.
Note that it doesn't survive a reboot. To fix that use his tutorial at the link down below. Our community even made a Magisk module for it making it very easy :)

Link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...bient-display-on-oxygen-os-11-beta-1.4222275/

Reactions: khanboy619

khanboy619

Dec 16, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Both of these methods work perfectly on my rooted 7T with latest OOS11 stable, bugfree smooth aff. Termux and magisk is all you need. I'm grateful that I'm not among those reddit crybabies, who cry over this **** all the time and are too afraid to root their phones. 😂
Thanks a bunch devs!

khanboy619

Dec 16, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi,

i am new to this forum and i have a quick question regarding 'enable always on display' below. i follow the link below and read member 'Quinny899' created a module 'aod.zip' to make this easier for everyone.
i downloaded and extracted the aod.zip but it does not come with instructions on how to implement it.
would someone be kind enough to provide instructions what to do after extracting the aod.zip

many thanks!!!

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    pkill systemui

Link: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...bient-display-on-oxygen-os-11-beta-1.4222275/
You're supposed to flash it from magisk manager, after applying the mentioned command in Terminal manager/adb shell.

titanreign

Nov 1, 2012
Removing the OnePlus login from settings is failing for me. Rooted, oos 11.0.2

$ pm uninstall --user 0 com.oneplus.account
cmd: Failure calling service package: Failed transaction (2147483646)

edit: above failure was entering the command via Termux. Connecting to a pc via abd and entering the commands

Code:
pm uninstall --user 0 com.oneplus
and
Code:

did the trick.

Last edited:

dvv1

Sep 29, 2021
I am not completely sure if this is the right place to ask but - are there a similar way to replace the leftmost screen with OnePlus Shelf instead of Google Discover. (using the ADB)

Some people have:
- toggle switch on that page to choose which one they prefer (Shelf or Google)
- (or) a setting in OnePlus Launcher where to enable the leftmost screen and also specify if you want it to be the (Shelf or Google)

What I imagine is that there should be a hidden setting which can do that, and that can be altered through ADB. Could someone please help me find it? Or share another way to make the OnePlus shelf as the leftmost screen? I am using OnePlus 8.

Reactions: Mik92

kemoti

Aug 16, 2017
Is it possible to remove "Tips & Support" from the settings menu? On OOS10 this is a useless function as there is no OOS10 support anymore and nothing is displayed in this menu. Maybe there is some ADB command to remove it? I found nothing on the internet about this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220226-114929__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20220226-114929__01.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 31

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've just upgraded to OOS 11 on my OP7T Pro and noticed two major things: DC dimming isn't an option anymore (might be fixed in the future) and for some reason my EU firmware shows a OnePlus account login at the top of the Settings app.

Pre-requisites for everything

Without root
    1. Use a PC with ADB (plenty of tutorials online)
    2. Enable ADB debugging in dev settings of your device
      (tap on the OOS 11 version number multiple times to enable dev settings)
    With root
    1. Use a terminal like Terminal Emulator and paste the code line without "adb shell".

Code:
      adb shell
      su
      pkill systemui

What it does? It first asks for root permissions ("su") and then sets a prop that tells OOS to allow the AOD setting to be shown. At the end we restart SystemUI to allow the changes to be applied.

Fixing DC dimming

Variant #1

Code:
      adb shell
      settings put system oneplus_dc_dimming_value 1

2. Done. To disable change "1" to "0".
    What it does? It sets the variable for DC dimming to 1 (enabled) or to 0 (disabled). Variant 2 does the same thing but it is accessed by opening up a hidden panel. As both require ADB this one is quicker and easier.

Code:
      adb shell
      am start-activity -a oneplus.intent.action.ONEPLUS_LAB_FEATURE_DETAILS -e oneplus_lab_feature_key oneplus_dc_dimming_value

2. The settings panel for DC dimming will now start on your device
    3. Enable or disable it as you please ;)

What it does? It starts the part of the OnePlus Lab that contains DC dimming. It is still there but for some reason it is hidden. The command will start the panel and let you enable or disable it.

Removing the OnePlus "Login in to account" Option in Settings

Code:
      adb shell

2. Close the Settings app and thank me later ;)
    What it does? It removes the culprit (the app "com.oneplus.account") from the user space. Meaning it will act as it is uninstalled for your user account. If you use multiple user accounts on one device you need to do that for each user account. It could affect other OnePlus apps like the Community app so be aware. It is never truly removed as it is a system app.

Re-adding the app is easy. Use:

Code:
    adb shell
    cmd package install-existing com.oneplus.account

Screenshot.jpg
    "Log in to account" is added sometimes. The old way was to remove the /data/india/india.img file but on OOS 11 it doesn't exist.

I'm not sure if the EU version should even contain this but it is still annoying to some as it sits above all important settings options.

Please note: I'm not responsible for anything you do to your device. You use these tutorials at your own risk. Also note although I'm a moderator, this thread is neither official nor in any way more or less trustworthy than any other contribution by other awesome members!
    Hi,

many thanks!!!

Code:
      adb shell
      su
      pkill systemui

Works on OP7P😀
    Great tip for removing the Log in to Oneplus Account stuff, thanks.
    I am not completely sure if this is the right place to ask but - are there a similar way to replace the leftmost screen with OnePlus Shelf instead of Google Discover. (using the ADB)

Some people have:
    - toggle switch on that page to choose which one they prefer (Shelf or Google)
    - (or) a setting in OnePlus Launcher where to enable the leftmost screen and also specify if you want it to be the (Shelf or Google)

What I imagine is that there should be a hidden setting which can do that, and that can be altered through ADB. Could someone please help me find it? Or share another way to make the OnePlus shelf as the leftmost screen? I am using OnePlus 8.