OOS 12 OB 2

Search This thread

ontwykende

Feb 25, 2017
Strange, it seems to me that this forum has completely died. Considering that Oneplus 7t is already an old device, I can understand that. But no one, absolutely no one comments on the new update that came out, OOS 12 as OB1 and very soon after OB2. Bearing in mind that Beta 1 and 2 were released for the Indian version and not for Global or EU... Does anyone have any experience and what are their first impressions? Can it be used as a daily driver on this device? Does Magisk Roor work? OOD? Did you so complete whipped all data before flashing? Can you install it over Ob5 (officially it suggested to flash it over latest stable version)? Did anyone install it on EU or Global variant 7t (again, officially ther is significant difference on Android 12, between India and Global/Eu variant)?

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Strange, it seems to me that this forum has completely died. Considering that Oneplus 7t is already an old device, I can understand that. But no one, absolutely no one comments on the new update that came out, OOS 12 as OB1 and very soon after OB2. Bearing in mind that Beta 1 and 2 were released for the Indian version and not for Global or EU... Does anyone have any experience and what are their first impressions? Can it be used as a daily driver on this device? Does Magisk Roor work? OOD? Did you so complete whipped all data before flashing? Can you install it over Ob5 (officially it suggested to flash it over latest stable version)? Did anyone install it on EU or Global variant 7t (again, officially ther is significant difference on Android 12, between India and Global/Eu variant)?
Ob2 fixed dead fastboot mode on ob1. Works great for eu or global OP7T. Very stable and perfect for DD. Keeps data if "local update" (download file via oxygen updater app). Rooting via magisk-patching boot.Img and then "fastboot flash boot magiskpatchedboot.Img" works fine. This "IN" version does not have IN bloat and meant for all op7t. After update booted up fine then do it again to install ob2 into slot B.

ontwykende

Feb 25, 2017
Ob2 fixed dead fastboot mode on ob1. Works great for eu or global OP7T. Very stable and perfect for DD. Keeps data if "local update" (download file via oxygen updater app). Rooting via magisk-patching boot.Img and then "fastboot flash boot magiskpatchedboot.Img" works fine. This "IN" version does not have IN bloat and meant for all op7t. After update booted up fine then do it again to install ob2 into slot B.
Thanks for these details. Does this mean that it is safe and that without data loss it can be flas directly from OB5 (Global) ?
How is battery? Speed? Benefits and cons, compare to OB5 oos11 ?
Your, subjective filing?

Thanks in advance

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
Thanks for these details. Does this mean that it is safe and that without data loss it can be flas directly from OB5 (Global) ?
Your, subjective filing?

Thanks in advance
Yes on updating with data preserved. Battery is better than oos11. Faster and smoother than oos11.

Reactions: ontwykende

ontwykende

Feb 25, 2017
Yes on updating with data preserved. Battery is better than oos11. Faster and smoother than oos11.
Thank You... And one more last question... On Ob5 we had AOD (exist in op lab).. But it's was not present on stable version OOS 11... Does AOD wotk out of box on 12... or you can turn it on if you are Root like it was possible on oos11 ?

Last edited:

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
AOD on oos12.1

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-13-21-33-09-89_e4c56ca12ff849ac0a9dbc8dae07f3aa.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-13-21-33-09-89_e4c56ca12ff849ac0a9dbc8dae07f3aa.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 59

ystokar

Aug 2, 2012
can i go directly from global OOS11 to IN OOS12 OB2 while maintaining root buy using local update and the re-flash magisk to slot b?

ontwykende

Feb 25, 2017
Oxygen Updater, when I change from OnePlus 7t (international) to India verseion, and Beta (full), give me just HD1901_11_F.15
firmwaere... about 3.92Gb.... I supose thos is not 12 Ob2 ?

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
I'm curious. What do you guys still need root for? My phones were always rooted since my Nexus S until Nexus 5, but on my 7T I don't find it necessary anymore.

ontwykende

Feb 25, 2017
I'm curious. What do you guys still need root for? My phones were always rooted since my Nexus S until Nexus 5, but on my 7T I don't find it necessary anymore.
I need it to have full control over my device... to get no Ads to use of Titanium Backup, to be able to control device thrue Tasker (Wifi, mobile data and more..
that I use), it's must for me

ontwykende

Feb 25, 2017
And I apologize for being boring, but just to confirm one more time... There is no difference between the Indian version and the EU/International version in terms of modems and frequencies for 3g/4g connection? Or so ever, to be obstacle to use it as main driver in Europe or World wide?
I am on OB5 International but I live in Europe.

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
And I apologize for being boring, but just to confirm one more time... There is no difference between the Indian version and the EU/International version in terms of modems and frequencies for 3g/4g connection? Or so ever, to be obstacle to use it as main driver in Europe or World wide?
I am on OB5 International but I live in Europe.
My device is global and I live in Southeast Asia region. Signal surprisingly improved using OB2 indian rom. But I can't say the same thing for other locations.

ontwykende

Feb 25, 2017
Anyone use it Europe?
Alos. does anyone use Huawei Health app to connect with watch? I find out that mod Huawei Helth (that can sideload costum wachfaces) have problem to work on OP devices with Android 12 (Op8 and Op9 devices)...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a T-Mobile 7T that I converted to global. I never had issues with OOS 11 and the updates I took from Oxygen Updater. But when I saw Android 12 was available through the app, I went ahead and installed it as I would every other update. I should have waited and paid attention better. After installing it, it booted up fine and it seemed like all was normal. But I started to see how buggy it was. At least for me. I had connection issues, the brightness was stuck at 100 percent a lot of the time. The biggest problem I saw was that my phone was converted to HD1901 (India). I might have just shrugged that off if it wasn't for the bugs. But I ended up using the global rollback images provided by OnePlus. They worked fine and it's not showing that I have an Indian model anymore. But it put me on HD1907, which is T-Mobile. I'm not sure if that's what it showed after I converted to global the first time but I thought I would be on HD1905. My phone isn't showing any signs of T-Mobile firmware and Oxygen updater tells me my phone is supported. But I'm not sure what exactly my phone is anymore. Oxygen Updater still shows the Android 12 update still there for me but I haven't seen anything official in the update settings. Still tells me my system is up to date.

This has been the worst update from OnePlus since I have owned the device and I think I'm about ready to move on from them.
    And this is my opinion about OOS 12, OB2... After week of using it... I am really disappointed!

OOS 12 or OPPO Color OS (call it what ever tou like) is HUGE disappointment and step backwards for me...
    And I agree with some comments that with this OnePlus fans who wanted something more and stuck to the Never Settle slogan are sold out.

Maybe at first glance it looks like it's moving smoothly and quickly, but it's just an illusion. Bluetooth, WiFi... Mobile Data... Signal strength, I really have no complaints, it all works great. Preinstalled applications work well and it's a matter of habit and personal taste whether you like the design or not.
    But then on the other heand... Even the most common application, phone book and phone dealer, is a step backwards for me, although I could get used to it if at least some of the basic things that I am used to as a user would work.
    If you don't want to just have the number 12 in the phone info... and if you use the phone for anything more than texting and answering on calls, it's better to redistribute with old security patches than to get frustrated with Color OS.
    If you use Tasker, Huawei watch, or are a root user who is a bit more demanding... know that I Color OS is very restrictive and that 99% of things will not work as they did on OOS... Especially if you come with OOS Beta 4 or 5 which had AOD working and if you are used to it, I would not recommend you to waste your time and switch to Color OS.

Tasker is one of applications I "must have" and is considered one of the most powerful Android tools, but it is completely unusable even with Root on this system. Even the most ordinary things, which are useful to me, as it is. turning on screen rotation and screen time out for certen apps do not work. Let's not talk about some more complex actions such as norification and starting AOD when there is an unread notification.
    AOD itself is very unreliable, I installed 3 different "updates" of the AOD application itself to get it to work at all.
    The notification on the lockscreen is just a "masterpiece" it only works once when you receive the notification, and whether you read it or not, it will never appear on the lockscreen again, no matter how many times you unlock or lock your screen.
    As a root user of a phone that supports 90Hz, I used to be able to always and in all circumstances use that option, now the screen is almost always at 60Hz no matter what you set and there is no longer a possibility to "force" the phone to always use 90Hz even with an ADB command... All this did not increase the battery life in the least... it even decreased it because the screen is no longer black (which I could achieve on OOS 11 using Subststratum pure black tmeme) but mostly gray.

I still don't have time to dedicate a whole day to wiping the data and going back to the good old OOS...

The number 12 is not worth your time, annoyance and searching for a solution for what was working beautifully and smoothly, just because it is a number higher than 11.
    On the end choices is yours... Just like it was mine when I done misktake and update.
    I need it to have full control over my device... to get no Ads to use of Titanium Backup, to be able to control device thrue Tasker (Wifi, mobile data and more..
    that I use), it's must for me
    Your, subjective filing?

Thanks in advance
    AOD on oos12.1