Deleted member 11873231
I can confirm that this works to root OB2,but, for Tmobile, the magisk.img breaks data completely.Didn't worked for me.
But! I've took full ColorOS Beta C31 and extracted the boot.img and vbmeta.img from there. And it worked well for me.
How to root Oxygen 12 Beta 2?
Here is step by step guide:
- Bootloader have to be unlocked
- Downloading ColorOS Beta C31 (it has a same base like OB2)
- Extracting all files from archive of ColorOS Beta C31
- Extracting all files from payload.bin (through payload dumpers, like this)
- We need two files boot.img and vbmeta.img
- boot.img we have to patch with Magisk Manager (from smartphone)
- copy patched boot.img from smartphone to platform-tools directory on pc
- vbmeta.img and patched boot.img we have to copy to platform-tools directory
- And from fastboot we push few commands
- Reboot and its done.
- fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta.img
- fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
Here is the original boot.img and vbmeta.img and patched boot.img - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JYximrPJ65NlpQv8tVW-O_02uL0dscJW?usp=sharing