• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OOS 9.0.4 After update 6T unlocks to Homescreen everytime

Anyone else exhibiting this behavior...??

• Total voters
Search This thread

y2k1ltd

Mar 24, 2007
I believe that it's by nature.

I have the same thing happening with the OP6 on Open Beta 6.

Last edited:

SidMAX

Dec 8, 2010
New Delhi
I believe that it's by nature.

I have the fans thing happening with the OP6 on Open Beta 6.

If its happening with the OP6 too then I would say they both have the bug, It can't be normal functioning for the unlock to revert to homescreen only when you happened to have used recents to enter an app.
To be clear when you open an app normally, then lock and unlock you stay in the app, however if you use recents to go into an app that you recently used or even the one you are now, then lock and unlock, you are taken to the homescreen.

y2k1ltd

Mar 24, 2007
No, mine happens when I lock the device with power button or have the screen time out, I unlock it and it goes back to the home screen.

This started with open beta 6, which is loosely based on 6T (9.0.4).

paatha13

Jul 27, 2016
Athens
I’m having the same issue on 9.0.5 no matter using stock launcher or Nova.
When unlocked goes straight to home screen for example using double tap.

Only when using fingerprint sensor and use double tap does not go to straight to home screen but to lock screen(both stock launcher or Nova)

With my 5T when used double tap to wake never went straight to home screen when not had fingerprint active.

OnePlus launcher 3.1.2 9th of November released.
Nova version 6 beta 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

SidMAX

Dec 8, 2010
New Delhi
I’m having the same issue on 9.0.5 no matter using stock launcher or Nova.
When unlocked goes straight to home screen for example using double tap.

Only when using fingerprint sensor and use double tap does not go to straight to home screen but to lock screen(both stock launcher or Nova)

With my 5T when used double tap to wake never went straight to home screen when not had fingerprint active.

OnePlus launcher 3.1.2 9th of November released.
Nova version 6 beta 5.

Make sure you have the updated OnePlus Launcher from PlayStore (Version 3.1.2.181109163305) (sorry didn't read the last part of your post)
If issue still persists I would recommend clear cache from recovery and Clear Storage and Cache from OnePlus Launcher app.. (this did it for another person that was saying updated launcher didn't fix issue straight away)

Last edited:

paatha13

Jul 27, 2016
Athens
Make sure you have the updated OnePlus Launcher from PlayStore (Version 3.1.2.181109163305) (sorry didn't read the last part of your post)
If issue still persists I would recommend clear cache from recovery and Clear Storage and Cache from OnePlus Launcher app.. (this did it for another person that was saying updated launcher didn't fix issue straight away)

I did clear data stock launcher but issue remain.
When using double tap to wake go straight to home screen(when not having in display fingerprint active)

paatha13

Jul 27, 2016
Athens
Clearing cache from recovery would be faster, and maybe it'll work ...who knows...give it a try before the whole reset thing
ok clear cache from recovery didn't help but hard reset did help.:good:
Now both Nova and stock launcher when pressing double tap to wake go to lock screen not straight to home screen:)
What a mess and bizzard issue was:confused:

Never mind problem solved and that's matter at the end:p

Reactions: SidMAX

jk8260

Dec 23, 2013
Avalon
Nope using Nova and not happening here, locking any way and unlocking and the last app left open is still open.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New OnePlus Launcher update fixes the problem.. OP Launcher 3.1.2.181109163305
    I do agree the update from the Play Store on the new OnePlus launcher fix my issue. Thanks for pointing this out it was getting really frustrating.
    Do we still need to use oneplus launcher for it to work? I am using nova launcher.

Update. Nevermind the update fixed my issue too and I am using Nova.
    Clearing cache from recovery would be faster, and maybe it'll work ...who knows...give it a try before the whole reset thing
    ok clear cache from recovery didn't help but hard reset did help.:good:
    Now both Nova and stock launcher when pressing double tap to wake go to lock screen not straight to home screen:)
    What a mess and bizzard issue was:confused:

Never mind problem solved and that's matter at the end:p