[OOS: 9.0.5 | 9.0.6 | 9.0.7]Root With No Recovery (Patched Boot image).

Search This thread

free4flight

Sep 21, 2011
Denver
Just received my unlock bin from One Plus a couple minutes ago, can someone confirm this 9.0.5 update works on tmobile OP 6t version please? TIA

free4flight

Sep 21, 2011
Denver
Last edited:

free4flight

Sep 21, 2011
Denver
Ok, got my unlock.bin from OnePlus earlier, went in to unluck bootloader, put the phone into fastboot mode, fired up adb, brought up the powershell, connected phone, put in first command "fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock_token.bin", hit enter and the adb says, waiting on phone... why? I thought it was going to take off and then go with next command. So, the option when booting into fastboot on the phone, at the top it says "start" under that fastboot and under that other things that are not highlight and volume up doesn't change anything....do I need to be in Recovery mode or what? None the guides say to do anything but put that command into cmd line. All my previous rooting was with Note 4 and it is different...what am I missing? Do I have to rename the unlock.bin cuz right now it came from OP like this "34af5ee7c77cf2d7731abde83c7d415853793bee56faadc074d9a824f0781603.bin" , none of the guides say anything about renaming it...

mingo_mgx

Mar 25, 2017
Haarlem
mgx-script.com
Ok, got my unlock.bin from OnePlus earlier, went in to unluck bootloader, put the phone into fastboot mode, fired up adb, brought up the powershell, connected phone, put in first command "fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock_token.bin", hit enter and the adb says, waiting on phone... why? I thought it was going to take off and then go with next command. So, the option when booting into fastboot on the phone, at the top it says "start" under that fastboot and under that other things that are not highlight and volume up doesn't change anything....do I need to be in Recovery mode or what? None the guides say to do anything but put that command into cmd line. All my previous rooting was with Note 4 and it is different...what am I missing? Do I have to rename the unlock.bin cuz right now it came from OP like this "34af5ee7c77cf2d7731abde83c7d415853793bee56faadc074d9a824f0781603.bin" , none of the guides say anything about renaming it...

Since you're using powershell, use this command while in fastboot on the phone
Code:
.\fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock_token.bin
And since your a T-mobile user, you have to flash the global rom first, can be found here. After you flashed this, you can use the method on my guide to get root, and because of powershell you have to add this
Code:
.\
before a command, hope that it helps.

Kind regards,
Richy

free4flight

Sep 21, 2011
Denver
Since you're using powershell, use this command while in fastboot on the phone
Code:
.\fastboot flash cust-unlock unlock_token.bin
And since your a T-mobile user, you have to flash the global rom first, can be found here. After you flashed this, you can use the method on my guide to get root, and because of powershell you have to add this
Code:
.\
before a command, hope that it helps.

Kind regards,
Richy
Ok, I put the 9.0.5 Rom on my phone last nite. So when the next update comes out, I am sure your method will work for future updates, which I am sure will be many. thanks :good:

onyez

May 22, 2013
what happens when we get an OTA update, will it be safe to install it. thats the only reason why i haven't rooted using this method yet

dj_ooms

Mar 8, 2008
Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could help? I have tried both this patched image and the method using TWRP. Both cause my phone to have no IMEI numbers and no WiFi on reboot. My fingerprint and face unlock does not appear to work after the reboot either. My lockscreen says the camera is in use, so the only way to unlock is to use my PIN. Re-installing the full OTA gets everything up and running again, but obviously with no Root. What am I doing wrong? It has been a while since I last rooted a phone and am mainly wanting to root to get stereo sound working. The last phone I had that I rooted was a Motorola Moto X Style. I have followed the guides for both methods and always get the same issues once I reboot after either booting the patched image or installing Magisk. I am really confused and would appreciate any help and input.

Thanks,

Ooms

UPDATE: I had installed the stereo sound mod, VIPER4Android FX Mod and AdAway. It appears that one of these broke my modules or mods broke the phone. I removed everything and reinstalled Magisk and the patch boot image and root is working now with face unlock, my fingerprint and phone working normally.

UPDATE2: I have reinstalled all modules and add-ons. Everything worked fine this time around. I'm not sure what the issue was before.

Last edited:

amz800800

Aug 14, 2012
Allright

Rooted my brand new phone (international version - fw V 9.0.5).
The guide is allright :good:

Just one hint (i got some trouble for this :eek:)
When magisk manager starts up the phone must be connected to internet, otherwise magisk manager does not let you to install itselfs.

I have used the newer MagiskManager-v6.0.1.

The magisk version installed was 17.1

That's all

drei???

Jul 25, 2015
Hi, (tried google, couldn't find anything)

So I went ahead and rooted my 6t this way... and it works great!

Only one problem:
When I turn my device off and plug in the charger... I get this "Bootloader Warning text" and it gets stuck there. (Meaning, it won't show the "flash" and then screen off... until done charging.) It remains on this warning page... period. (not good for Oled, if you leave it to charge overnight, for example.)
So now i can only charge it whilst turned on... in order for the screen to be off.

Any advice??

thx,
???

mang0

Jan 12, 2012
San Diego
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6
Hi, (tried google, couldn't find anything)

So I went ahead and rooted my 6t this way... and it works great!

Only one problem:
When I turn my device off and plug in the charger... I get this "Bootloader Warning text" and it gets stuck there. (Meaning, it won't show the "flash" and then screen off... until done charging.) It remains on this warning page... period. (not good for Oled, if you leave it to charge overnight, for example.)
So now i can only charge it whilst turned on... in order for the screen to be off.

Any advice??

thx,
???

I believe your problem is detailed here:
https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6t/help/power-off-charging-issue-t3864141
Sounds like a Magisk issue.

Reactions: drei???

ivan.chh88

May 11, 2015
I did it exactly like the opening post and had root working perfectly. After nearly a week, the phone began showing problems (loosing mobile data, loosing network coverage, screen turning off). This happens for a minute at times. I couldn't stand it. Downloaded stock factory image from OP website. Transferred image to phone's root directory and using phone's Local Upgrade, I reinstalled OS again.

Question: Earlier in the opening post I did:
>>> fastboot boot patched_boot905.img
Will the newly installed OS overwrite this patched boot image file?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root the OnePlus 6T with no TWRP.

Required:

[*]Latest ADB/Fastboot.

[*]Have OOS 9.0.5 | 9.0.6 | 9.0.7 in place.

[*]Unlocked bootloader.

How to:

[*]Boot into bootloader

[*]Download the patched boot image 9.0.5 here.

[*]Download the patched boot image 9.0.6 here.

[*]Download the patched boot image 9.0.7 here.

[*]Drop the Patched boot image file inside your ADB/Fastboot folder.

[*]Open up a CMD window in the folder location.

[*]Type this command in CMD:
    Code:
    fastboot boot <filename>.img

[*]When the phone got booted download magisk manager here and install it.

[*]Open Magisk Manager and you'll see that it says that you're rooted.

[*]Make sure you checked "Preserve force encryption" and "preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity".

[*]Click on Install and select Direct Install (Recommended)

[*]Wait till it's installed and ask you to reboot your device, reboot it.

Your'e now rooted.

If you need any help here is my telegram chat for support, or if you want to chat. here.
    I plan on rooting eventually,to disable apps/services that ping back info to who knows where, & using AdAway,that's about it for the main points.

I logged all the DNS lookups, and I was shocked at how much ET was phoning home.

I black-holed all the bullsh!t telemetry and analytics calls with my DNS server and in the 6T hosts file.
    I assume all of you are on tmobile OP 6t since non tmobile would get their updates via OTA, correct? Also, does applying the update in this manner wipe the existing programs on the phone, again, I assume it does since bootloader has to be unlocked and Magisk is reporting root?

And lastly, Magisk Manager newest update is 6.0.1 so is there a reason you state to download 5.8.1 in the OP? Just curious, could be just incidental...?

For OTA, remove root in current slot within magisk manager, install OTA (full zip) within OOS, don't reboot, then apply root with magisk manager on the other slot (the one where OTA have been flashed) then only you can reboot. Root is preserved.
    Ok, I put the 9.0.5 Rom on my phone last nite. So when the next update comes out, I am sure your method will work for future updates, which I am sure will be many. thanks :good:

Great, have fun with your phone.