[OOS: 9.0.5 | 9.0.6 | 9.0.7]Root With No Recovery (Patched Boot image).

Search This thread

BlackHoleSlam

Nov 25, 2010
Houston
Code:
[*]Type this command in CMD:
fastboot <filename>.img

Just a heads up in the op since adding the 9.0.6 boot image your fastboot command is missing the boot part of it. It should be fastboot boot <filename>.img

Reactions: KOLIOSIS

just4omp

Jun 25, 2018
Do you need to flash new Patched boot image after OTA update, or u need to do it only at first time?

ventu87

Jul 28, 2007
After you installed the OTA, don't reboot right away. Just go to magisk manager, install, tap install again and then tap on install to inactive slot. Once that's done you can reboot.
Only install to the inactive slot if the OTA is finished.
do I have to install full ota or normal ota? do I have to upload the root image for 9.0.6 before doing the hour? or do it later?

maraschino

May 7, 2009
Zadar
If I am rooted on 9.0.5 now and want to update to 9.0.6, is the procedure the same as described in post 1, or do I have to remove magisk and its modules before mounting new pathed 9.0.6 version?

Last edited:

F5:ed

Jun 10, 2016
Gothenburg
Just update, magisk and the modules will be disabled. and then do the same again as in the post.
I can confirm, I used a vpn to Germany (as it was not rolled out in my region yet) - started update process - was recognized as rooted, so full version downloaded - after install & reboot I was unrooted, so entered flashboot mode to flash the new "patched_boot906.img" through my computer - after reboot, everything worked as normal (didn't have to install Magisk again).
Simple, great! :)

mingo_mgx

Mar 25, 2017
Haarlem
mgx-script.com
I can confirm, I used a vpn to Germany (as it was not rolled out in my region yet) - started update process - was recognized as rooted, so full version downloaded - after install & reboot I was unrooted, so entered flashboot mode to flash the new "patched_boot906.img" through my computer - after reboot, everything worked as normal (didn't have to install Magisk again).
Simple, great! :)

Great to hear.

EazyVG

Jan 2, 2007
Moscow, Russia
It is working, but have one issue.

Installed patched 9.0.6, then Magisk and it is working. Bu when I restart the phone root gets lost. I have to again flash 9.0.6 patched firmware in order for Magisk root to work. I did update the Magisk to 17.1 when it asked. Should I stay on the older downloaded version linked here and not update?

Basically every reboot i lose root!

Last edited:

mihai2xk

May 12, 2012
Same problem for me: on every reboot i lose root and I have flash again 9.0.6 patched firmware . Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root the OnePlus 6T with no TWRP.

Required:

[*]Latest ADB/Fastboot.

[*]Have OOS 9.0.5 | 9.0.6 | 9.0.7 in place.

[*]Unlocked bootloader.

How to:

[*]Boot into bootloader

[*]Download the patched boot image 9.0.5 here.

[*]Download the patched boot image 9.0.6 here.

[*]Download the patched boot image 9.0.7 here.

[*]Drop the Patched boot image file inside your ADB/Fastboot folder.

[*]Open up a CMD window in the folder location.

[*]Type this command in CMD:
    Code:
    fastboot boot <filename>.img

[*]When the phone got booted download magisk manager here and install it.

[*]Open Magisk Manager and you'll see that it says that you're rooted.

[*]Make sure you checked "Preserve force encryption" and "preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity".

[*]Click on Install and select Direct Install (Recommended)

[*]Wait till it's installed and ask you to reboot your device, reboot it.

Your'e now rooted.

If you need any help here is my telegram chat for support, or if you want to chat. here.
    I plan on rooting eventually,to disable apps/services that ping back info to who knows where, & using AdAway,that's about it for the main points.

I logged all the DNS lookups, and I was shocked at how much ET was phoning home.

I black-holed all the bullsh!t telemetry and analytics calls with my DNS server and in the 6T hosts file.
    I assume all of you are on tmobile OP 6t since non tmobile would get their updates via OTA, correct? Also, does applying the update in this manner wipe the existing programs on the phone, again, I assume it does since bootloader has to be unlocked and Magisk is reporting root?

And lastly, Magisk Manager newest update is 6.0.1 so is there a reason you state to download 5.8.1 in the OP? Just curious, could be just incidental...?

For OTA, remove root in current slot within magisk manager, install OTA (full zip) within OOS, don't reboot, then apply root with magisk manager on the other slot (the one where OTA have been flashed) then only you can reboot. Root is preserved.
    Ok, I put the 9.0.5 Rom on my phone last nite. So when the next update comes out, I am sure your method will work for future updates, which I am sure will be many. thanks :good:

Great, have fun with your phone.