• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OOS stable boot image and patched magisk boot image both for 11.1.1.1.

Search This thread

235anders15

Jun 4, 2015
OnePlus 6T
Leaving this here as i ended up boot looping from installing custom kernel, and it being a new release i was pulling my hair trying to figure this out.

Flashed through fastboot with "fastboot flash boot_a XX.img, fastboot flash boot_b XX.img"
Magisk included as thats the one i ended up using.

Save yourself the headache if you are planning on installing a custom kernel for now, and wait till the kinks have been ironed out.

Attachments

• boot11.1.1.1.img
    64 MB · Views: 391
  • magisk_patched-23000_11.1.1.1.img
    64 MB · Views: 755

abhi0039

Sep 30, 2021
I found a workaround. Firstly go to fastboot mode and flash stable.img from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...os11-open-beta-2-3-and-stable-latest.4316563/ and boot into recovery. Now download TWRP and magisk and transfer to internal storage. Now flash TWRP and then download full OTA from here And put in storage https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6-6t-oxygenos-11-1-1-1/
and flash it. Don't reboot once it says done. Go back and re install twrp.zip. Now reboot. Go to recovery and install magisk and clear dalvik. Now reboot and enjoy.

Thanks to

KizuYuna and Skanda Hazarika for providing stable.img and OTA respectively.​

Last edited:

sam_htc_touch

Feb 17, 2008
Leaving this here as i ended up boot looping from installing custom kernel, and it being a new release i was pulling my hair trying to figure this out.

Flashed through fastboot with "fastboot flash boot_a XX.img, fastboot flash boot_b XX.img"

Save yourself the headache if you are planning on installing a custom kernel for now, and wait till the kinks have been ironed out.
So I just flash the Magisk Patched into a and b slots and that should get me root using fastboot flash commands mentioned above? Sorry just wanted to double-check given that I had almost bricked my phone y'day :-D

235anders15

Jun 4, 2015
OnePlus 6T
So I just flash the Magisk Patched into a and b slots and that should get me root using fastboot flash commands mentioned above? Sorry just wanted to double-check given that I had almost bricked my phone y'day :-D
Thats what worked for me, had to improvise as the OTA was brand new when I installed it, and bricked it with a new kernel, and had tried to fix it by flashing an old boot img but ended up complicating things even more.
You could always grab the stock 11.1.1.1 boot img and patch it in magisk manager yourself 😃 but procedure would be the same in fastboot 😁

Reactions: sam_htc_touch

sam_htc_touch

Feb 17, 2008
Thats what worked for me, had to improvise as the OTA was brand new when I installed it, and bricked it with a new kernel, and had tried to fix it by flashing an old boot img but ended up complicating things even more.
You could always grab the stock 11.1.1.1 boot img and patch it in magisk manager yourself 😃 but procedure would be the same in fastboot 😁
Thanks a bunch for confirming, this gives me confidence and will go with patching mine as well (y)

azzam2379

Nov 2, 2021
previously patching with stable 11.1.1.1 and broke some major functionality (eg: wifi crash, mess up video player and codec), now try to patch with magisk version, will update later

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
I found a workaround. Firstly go to fastboot mode and flash stable.img from here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...os11-open-beta-2-3-and-stable-latest.4316563/ and boot into recovery. Now download TWRP and magisk and transfer to internal storage. Now flash TWRP and then download full OTA from here And put in storage https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6-6t-oxygenos-11-1-1-1/
and flash it. Don't reboot once it says done. Go back and re install twrp.zip. Now reboot. Go to recovery and install magisk and clear dalvik. Now reboot and enjoy.

Thanks to

KizuYuna and Skanda Hazarika for providing stable.img and OTA respectively.​

stable.img from there (and the other ones) dont fastboot boot on my OSS 1.1.1.1 fastboot mode.

F5:ed

Jun 10, 2016
Gothenburg
I followed 235anders15 post and flashed both a and b slots, but it ended with endless boot logo (red dot with spinning white dot).
I can't go to fastboot mode, nothing.... please help!

F5:ed

Jun 10, 2016
Gothenburg
The attached file in #13 above worked, thank you!

In case someone would like to now "How to do it" until next time this is how I did it:

How to install OOS update and root via created patch.img file in the Magisk app
1. Download the full version eg the OOS 11.x.x.x.zip file on the computer, and copy the file to the phone's internal memory as well.
2. Run the payload_dump program (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962605222) to extract a boot.img from the computer. You have to extract the payload.bin file from the OOS 11.x.x.x.zip file and place it in the Input folder, then run the exe-file and wait for payload to complete, then copy over the boot.img file found in the Output folder to the phone.
3. Go to Magisk app on the phone, click on the top install "Magisk", click "Select and patch a file", search for the boot.img file you created.
4. Now, Magisk will create a patched magic.img file from the boot.img file (can be called eg magic_patched-23000_xt8QR.img)
5. Copy the magisk_patched-xxxxxxx.img to your computer's "Root folder" where you have stored ADB files, etc
6. Now install the OOS 11.x.x.x zip file (should be in the mobile's Internal memory) via Settings> System> System updates and the "gear"> Local upgrade
7. When done, DO NOT reboot but go directly to Fastboot mode + connect cable to the computer
8. On the computer, type from your "Root folder":
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-xxxxxxx.img
9. Reboot the phone - you are rooted!

Reactions: rippledrums

sgloki77

Jul 14, 2012
Hallandale Beach

Can confirm OP fastboot commands and patched boot img are working for 11.1.1.1.​

I uninstalled magisk by mistake and could regain root, quick and painless​

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got boot loop after updating to 11.1.2.2
    Any new boot img?

Haven't tested yet but here you go

Thanks a bunch for confirming, this gives me confidence and will go with patching mine as well (y)
    Thanks a bunch @235anders15 I can confirm that I used your patched magisk image file and flashed it in both slots and have root back ..yayy! Simple process :)
    Haven't tested yet but here you go

This one works great. Thank you.