Question OOS12 C.61 incremental is out for global units

Search This thread

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Just got an alert from Oxygen Updater (I was checking it earlier to see if the update was available yet and it wasn't but I guess it is now lol)

Screenshot_20220628-162205_Oxygen Updater.png

I am not sure I really want to try it since that would involve flashing away from StagOS but I may try it later. Have a date I'm getting ready for at the moment so not a good time to mess with it lol.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9 Pro
Since it's an incremental build you would have to be on C.48. Also, Oxygen Updater won't show it if you are rooted and don't deny it root access.
It's a really nice build. Many small things I couldn't hardly deal with are getting fixed. Ability to deny privilges or disable main system apps is available now. Clear all recents works properly. Misaligned home screen clock. It's nice bud. Outta try it out.

Reactions: EtherealRemnant

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
It's a really nice build. Many small things I couldn't hardly deal with are getting fixed. Ability to deny privilges or disable main system apps is available now. Clear all recents works properly. Misaligned home screen clock. It's nice bud. Outta try it out.
Until I can disable their SoC throttling without performance mode draining my battery, I'll never be happy with stock unfortunately. It's literally the biggest complaint I have with OOS12.

Glad that they are finally improving it though.

break.cold

Jun 25, 2014
Until I can disable their SoC throttling without performance mode draining my battery, I'll never be happy with stock unfortunately. It's literally the biggest complaint I have with OOS12.

Glad that they are finally improving it though.

Did they fix SoC throttling issue in C.61? How is performance and smoothness compare to C.48.

break.cold

Jun 25, 2014
I highly doubt they fixed it because their official stance is that it's not broken and to use performance mode.

I have no idea what Oneplus is doing with their software, it has become so crumbled that doubt have raised in user mind before using it. I really enjoyed OOS11 alot but since OOS12 released with bugs here and there, I really don't to stay on OOS12, however, I only used because of camera

Reactions: EtherealRemnant

break.cold

Jun 25, 2014
I'm rooted on LE2115_11_C.48

When I try to install (with the plan of retaining root via step 4 of the OP here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...apply-root-to-the-phone.4263811/post-84858863) I just get an error "Couldn't Update Installation Problem".

The "try again" button does the same thing.

Thoughts? Anyone else rooted able to update?

You need to restore original boot.img through magisk app and then do OTA update or use local update method by download the OTA zip file (check ot method 2 on how to root in xda oneplus 9 form) and then updating it through Oneplus 12 local update app.

Attachments

• OPLocalUpdate_For_Android12.apk
    3.3 MB · Views: 55
Reactions: gorilla p

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
I have no idea what Oneplus is doing with their software, it has become so crumbled that doubt have raised in user mind before using it. I really enjoyed OOS11 alot but since OOS12 released with bugs here and there, I really don't to stay on OOS12, however, I only used because of camera
Yeah this was my first OnePlus and it may well be my last because of the throttling. It really irks me. Like they go so far as to make it impossible to actually disable in OOS12.

When I try to install (with the plan of retaining root via step 4 of the OP here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...apply-root-to-the-phone.4263811/post-84858863) I just get an error "Couldn't Update Installation Problem".

Open Magisk, hit uninstall, hit restore images. Install the OTA and before rebooting, install to inactive slot.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9 Pro

First off it's a Google ota. If any partitions are modified the intended update will fail. Go into magisk . In red uninstall magisk. Then restore images. Let that finish and don't reboot. Go into system updates and start ota. Will now work stock boot image there. Allow update to completely install. Don't reboot. Then go into magisk again like second photo. Install to inactive. Now reboot after this process . Reboot into new oos with root . Gl

Attachments

• IMG_20220629_204419.jpg
    IMG_20220629_204419.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20220629_204334.jpg
    IMG_20220629_204334.jpg
    654.9 KB · Views: 77

arebelspy

Nov 18, 2003
Haha, thanks for the replies all! So quick :D

I'll reread them all a few times to wrap my head around.

Am I going to have any data loss?

Vladgabriel3

Feb 28, 2021
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
First off it's a Google ota. If any partitions are modified the intended update will fail. Go into magisk . In red uninstall magisk. Then restore images. Let that finish and don't reboot. Go into system updates and start ota. Will now work stock boot image there. Allow update to completely install. Don't reboot. Then go into magisk again like second photo. Install to inactive. Now reboot after this process . Reboot into new oos with root . Gl
for me it says that backup was not found when hitting restore images. so i suppose u need to have a backup for this to work

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I haven't heard anyone actually say they have rooted c61--just theories of how to install, but every install method gives error.

Most recent method I tried was using the separate Oxygen Updater and System Updater apks, instead of updating through the Settings app; also error'd (with Magisk uninstalled, of course).
    I couldn't even get the ota to install properly, running stock rooted c.48 with unlocked bootloader. I had to MSM back and make no changes whatsoever before it installed. I probably didn't do something right, read deep enough, missed a step, idk. The goal was to install the ota, and use the magisk app to root the inactive slot and reboot.

This is definitely the most temperamental O+ I've had so far. Had a 1+1, and a 5t. At least it's not a Samsung though.
    I was thinking of trying a few different things but just haven't played around with the flashing all willy nilly, just tried a few roms. The slot A/B is new to me. And the constant fastboot flashing. And fastboot enhance. Yada, yada, yada. A lot has changed since my 5t where I just load up TWRP, and flash a ROM from recovery. I'm going back and forth from OOS to a custom ROM, and back and forth trying to figure out do I want to completely ditch OOS.

I couldn't get the OTA to install, period. I even completely uninstalled magisk where I was unrooted and I still got an install error. I was only able to install it after undoing everything, bl unlock, etc with the MSM. So that kind of removes my option of the preserving root method.

I was going to try fastboot booting the LOS recovery and flashing magisk from there, despite the difference of the recovery boot being based off C.48.

Damnit, let me just quit being lazy and go do this, see if the recovery will even boot.

Feel like we need a C.61 untouched boot, for the smarter people than me to work on. Or a TWRP that will flash.

Why can't I connect to the phone in Linux all advenced style and use one super long dd if command to pull the boot off my phone?
    You can but have to be in a rooted adb shell to accomplish. For example. dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot_a of=/sdcard/boot_a.img/ if you were on slot a. But one has to boot magisk_patched.img to gain temp root to obtain su privilidges in shell before command.
    Installed C61 from C48 with OTA as described above.
    (Unhide Magisk > Magisk Restore Images > apply OTA > NO reboot > install Magisk on 2nd partition > Reboot > Wait) .
    Went smoothly , no problems.
    Got rooted 1+9 on C61 with Magisk.
    here's the result of the CPU throttle test.
    throttling started after the 7 min mark.
    ended with 87% of its max performance.
    seems like oneplus people is still throttling their devices despite their claims that they no longer do it.
    Its a heat issue on the snapdragon 888

Just got an alert from Oxygen Updater (I was checking it earlier to see if the update was available yet and it wasn't but I guess it is now lol)

Screenshot_20220628-162205_Oxygen Updater.png

I am not sure I really want to try it since that would involve flashing away from StagOS but I may try it later. Have a date I'm getting ready for at the moment so not a good time to mess with it lol.
    Since it's an incremental build you would have to be on C.48. Also, Oxygen Updater won't show it if you are rooted and don't deny it root access.
    I highly doubt they fixed it because their official stance is that it's not broken and to use performance mode.