OnePlus 9 Pro

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-29-20-42-57-77_785cfb1f0fb0c9a2030c9b38a1c3479a.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-29-20-42-57-77_785cfb1f0fb0c9a2030c9b38a1c3479a.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 29

AxelM

Jul 10, 2007
OnePlus 9
Well yes I tried this, but it did not recogize the image. But I have a copy of that somewhere on the device and also on the pc.

arebelspy

Nov 18, 2003
To wrap this up, because I am a bit slow:
I am on C.47:
1. Uninstall magisk
2. install ota c.48 - do not reboot
3. go to magisk and "patch boot" --> copy magisk_patched_boot.img to pc
4. in fastboot mode: "fastboot boot magisk_patched_boot.img
5. magisk direct install
6. repeat everything with c.61

Am I right or is there a better way? Can I also patch now the original boot.img from c.47 to get rid of any changes in magisk unistall than magisk and start ota?
I'm on c.48 already, so starting with your step 6, but can't install OTA cause it just errors (even after uninstalling Magisk). I'm guessing you'll run into the same error. Above posters have suggested "MSM" as a workaround (I haven't figured that part out yet), but if you do go the MSM route, would appreciate your thoughts. :)

Nick James

Feb 5, 2011
OnePlus 9
I think I soft bricked my phone. I uninstalled Magisk, installed OTA, installed to an inactive slot and upon reboot I got:

QUALCOMM CrashDump Mode
-----------------------------------------
dm-verity device corrupted
verity_ctr

EDIT: I rebooted my phone by holding power/vol up/vol down and got back into the OS. I'm still on C.48 though and it shows that a firmware version to C.61 is available but the only option I have is to "Restart Now"

Magisk also is telling me that I lost root.
I'm also failing SatefyNet CTS now.

EDIT, EDIT: I'm on C.61 now. Since C.61 isn't available as a full update yet, how do I get the original boot.img from it?

Last edited:

Nick James

Feb 5, 2011
OnePlus 9
I think I soft bricked my phone. I uninstalled Magisk, installed OTA, installed to an inactive slot and upon reboot I got:

QUALCOMM CrashDump Mode
-----------------------------------------
dm-verity device corrupted
verity_ctr

EDIT: I rebooted my phone by holding power/vol up/vol down and got back into the OS. I'm still on C.48 though and it shows that a firmware version to C.61 is available but the only option I have is to "Restart Now"

Magisk also is telling me that I lost root.
I'm also failing SatefyNet CTS now.

EDIT, EDIT: I'm on C.61 now. Since C.61 isn't available as a full update yet, how do I get the original boot.img from it?
I almost always back up the kernel too haha I have my C.47 one but not my C.48.

Nick James

Feb 5, 2011
OnePlus 9
I almost always back up the kernel too haha I have my C.47 one but not my C.48.
Actually, I do have the boot.img for C.48. When I try to patch it with the latest Magisk (25.1), it doesn't take from fastboot boot patched_magisk.img. Something just isn't right. It sounds like others have had similar issues. I just can't put my finger on what has changed.

rophiroth

Dec 11, 2010
does anyone have the patched boot to gain root ?
or the full OTA of le2111c.61 ? I lost root on the update because I dont have the oem boot img of c.60 :C I patch the boot of the c.61 update thinking it was a full OTA because the update size was 4gb... but the img just have 60mb size so I havent even try to flash

PS: I download a full ota of c60 of the official thread and look that in both case when doing the dump with payload-dumper-go_1.0.0_windows_amd64 it says that the boot img size is 200mb+- and then after extracted the size down to 67mb... mabe its ok, just compresed while dumped?

Last edited:

arebelspy

Nov 18, 2003
anyone was able to root c61?
i want to install it but i need root for it.

if anyone has the aptched boot img please post it
I haven't heard anyone actually say they have rooted c61--just theories of how to install, but every install method gives error.

Most recent method I tried was using the separate Oxygen Updater and System Updater apks, instead of updating through the Settings app; also error'd (with Magisk uninstalled, of course).

Reactions: Diaze

AtoZ0to9

I haven't heard anyone actually say they have rooted c61--just theories of how to install, but every install method gives error.

Most recent method I tried was using the separate Oxygen Updater and System Updater apks, instead of updating through the Settings app; also error'd (with Magisk uninstalled, of course).
I couldn't even get the ota to install properly, running stock rooted c.48 with unlocked bootloader. I had to MSM back and make no changes whatsoever before it installed. I probably didn't do something right, read deep enough, missed a step, idk. The goal was to install the ota, and use the magisk app to root the inactive slot and reboot.

This is definitely the most temperamental O+ I've had so far. Had a 1+1, and a 5t. At least it's not a Samsung though.

Reactions: Nick James

Nick James

Feb 5, 2011
OnePlus 9
I couldn't even get the ota to install properly, running stock rooted c.48 with unlocked bootloader. I had to MSM back and make no changes whatsoever before it installed. I probably didn't do something right, read deep enough, missed a step, idk. The goal was to install the ota, and use the magisk app to root the inactive slot and reboot.

This is definitely the most temperamental O+ I've had so far. Had a 1+1, and a 5t. At least it's not a Samsung though.
I'm in the same situation. On c48, uninstalled images, installed ota, chose inactive slot (happened to be slot a), rebooted and then got a Qualcomm bricked message. Got it to reboot and it chose slot b and was still on c48 but not rooted. Installed c61 successfully but not rooted, unlocked bootloader still... not sure what my next move is but I need to get certified again for Google Play ASAP

AtoZ0to9

I'm in the same situation. On c48, uninstalled images, installed ota, chose inactive slot (happened to be slot a), rebooted and then got a Qualcomm bricked message. Got it to reboot and it chose slot b and was still on c48 but not rooted. Installed c61 successfully but not rooted, unlocked bootloader still... not sure what my next move is but I need to get certified again for Google Play ASAP
I was thinking of trying a few different things but just haven't played around with the flashing all willy nilly, just tried a few roms. The slot A/B is new to me. And the constant fastboot flashing. And fastboot enhance. Yada, yada, yada. A lot has changed since my 5t where I just load up TWRP, and flash a ROM from recovery. I'm going back and forth from OOS to a custom ROM, and back and forth trying to figure out do I want to completely ditch OOS.

I couldn't get the OTA to install, period. I even completely uninstalled magisk where I was unrooted and I still got an install error. I was only able to install it after undoing everything, bl unlock, etc with the MSM. So that kind of removes my option of the preserving root method.

I was going to try fastboot booting the LOS recovery and flashing magisk from there, despite the difference of the recovery boot being based off C.48.

Damnit, let me just quit being lazy and go do this, see if the recovery will even boot.

Feel like we need a C.61 untouched boot, for the smarter people than me to work on. Or a TWRP that will flash.

Why can't I connect to the phone in Linux all advenced style and use one super long dd if command to pull the boot off my phone?

Last edited:

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9 Pro
I was thinking of trying a few different things but just haven't played around with the flashing all willy nilly, just tried a few roms. The slot A/B is new to me. And the constant fastboot flashing. And fastboot enhance. Yada, yada, yada. A lot has changed since my 5t where I just load up TWRP, and flash a ROM from recovery. I'm going back and forth from OOS to a custom ROM, and back and forth trying to figure out do I want to completely ditch OOS.

I couldn't get the OTA to install, period. I even completely uninstalled magisk where I was unrooted and I still got an install error. I was only able to install it after undoing everything, bl unlock, etc with the MSM. So that kind of removes my option of the preserving root method.

I was going to try fastboot booting the LOS recovery and flashing magisk from there, despite the difference of the recovery boot being based off C.48.

Damnit, let me just quit being lazy and go do this, see if the recovery will even boot.

Feel like we need a C.61 untouched boot, for the smarter people than me to work on. Or a TWRP that will flash.

Why can't I connect to the phone in Linux all advenced style and use one super long dd if command to pull the boot off my phone?
You can but have to be in a rooted adb shell to accomplish. For example. dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot_a of=/sdcard/boot_a.img/ if you were on slot a. But one has to boot magisk_patched.img to gain temp root to obtain su privilidges in shell before command.

Reactions: AtoZ0to9

MoHed

Dec 11, 2009
The Web
Installed C61 from C48 with OTA as described above.
(Unhide Magisk > Magisk Restore Images > apply OTA > NO reboot > install Magisk on 2nd partition > Reboot > Wait) .
Went smoothly , no problems.
Got rooted 1+9 on C61 with Magisk.

• Love
Reactions: mattie_49

AxelM

Jul 10, 2007
OnePlus 9
Installed C61 from C48 with OTA as described above.
(Unhide Magisk > Magisk Restore Images > apply OTA > NO reboot > install Magisk on 2nd partition > Reboot > Wait) .
Went smoothly , no problems.
Got rooted 1+9 on C61 with Magisk.
So in fact you did it like this:

a. Uninstall magisk by pressing uninstall in magisk and than restore boot.img
--> when it did not realize it, is it than possible to boot via fastboot in the original boot.img and than go ahead like described?
  1. install ota c.61 - do not reboot
  2. magisk install to inactive slot
  3. reboot
Correct?

Nick James

Feb 5, 2011
OnePlus 9
Damn, both of my slots are toast now. I can get into fastboot but don't have a c61 boot.img. I tried a stock c48 and patched magisk one... but no luck.

Does anyone have a stock boot.img from c61 yet?

jmadiaga

Aug 25, 2013
pasig
First off it's a Google ota. If any partitions are modified the intended update will fail. Go into magisk . In red uninstall magisk. Then restore images. Let that finish and don't reboot. Go into system updates and start ota. Will now work stock boot image there. Allow update to completely install. Don't reboot. Then go into magisk again like second photo. Install to inactive. Now reboot after this process . Reboot into new oos with root . Gl
this work around worked well with my oneplus 9 global. many thans for this.
and i am now testing with CPU throttle.
but how come the C60 version of IND is A12.1 and this C61 version is just A12

Top Liked Posts