Question OOS12 C.61 incremental is out for global units

Search This thread

jmadiaga

Aug 25, 2013
pasig
here's the result of the CPU throttle test.
throttling started after the 7 min mark.
ended with 87% of its max performance.
seems like oneplus people is still throttling their devices despite their claims that they no longer do it.

Attachments

• 294078985_432882785403400_1430606661531614145_n.jpg
    294078985_432882785403400_1430606661531614145_n.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 23

taintsx

Jul 13, 2016
i really wish oxygenos would start using the android 12 quick settings pill style layout

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
here's the result of the CPU throttle test.
throttling started after the 7 min mark.
ended with 87% of its max performance.
seems like oneplus people is still throttling their devices despite their claims that they no longer do it.
This isn't the way to see the true CPU throttle... What you're actually seeing here is the SoC heating up and throttling even more than OnePlus is already throttling it out of the box (because OnePlus cheaped out on the cooling of a monster SoC that needed it). That test doesn't measure raw performance and the percentages are relative compared to the performance of the first run, not the actual true performance of the SoC. Run Geekbench 5 and you'll see just how dire the situation really is...

Reactions: jmadiaga

taintsx

Jul 13, 2016
Battery life feels kinda bad on this, i'd usually get like 7-9 hours of SOT on stagos now i'm getting 5 doing the same thing

allen2398

May 17, 2017
Berlin
Hi all, I'm currently on .61 (rooted) and wondering what the procedure to go back to .48 ?
Should I :
- revert stock boot.img
- run local upgrade from the .48 zip
- aplly magisk to inactive slot

Thx :)

jmadiaga

Aug 25, 2013
pasig
This isn't the way to see the true CPU throttle... What you're actually seeing here is the SoC heating up and throttling even more than OnePlus is already throttling it out of the box (because OnePlus cheaped out on the cooling of a monster SoC that needed it). That test doesn't measure raw performance and the percentages are relative compared to the performance of the first run, not the actual true performance of the SoC. Run Geekbench 5 and you'll see just how dire the situation really is...
i tried geekbench 5. but i don't see any performance degration over time results. care to explai how this happens as per your last sentence - "Run Geekbench 5 and you'll see just how dire the situation really is..." thanks

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
i tried geekbench 5. but i don't see any performance degration over time results. care to explai how this happens as per your last sentence - "Run Geekbench 5 and you'll see just how dire the situation really is..." thanks
It doesn't show performance over time, it shows you how much performance is lost off the top.

This is my OP9 running Nameless. Performance mode is turned off, stock clocks, and the multi core is lower than it would be if I closed all my background apps first, it's about 3500 with them all closed.

Screenshot_20220720-120253_Geekbench 5.png

Stock ROM should have the single core around the 800s, a huge drop in performance.

Performance over time is an entirely different can of worms because it's focused around heat and power draw. That's not a software limitation like OnePlus' intentional throttling of the chip, it's a hardware limitation due to OnePlus cheaping out on the cooling of the SoC (although Qualcomm is to be blamed as well for pushing the limits so hard just to be able to sell a "new" product). In other words, there isn't a fix for that particular throttling.

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
Install OTA on the phone, open up MSM Tool and put phone into edl with adb reboot edl, press F8, grab the correct boot partition (you can run fastboot getvar current-slot to find out whether it is A or B).

The phone only stays in edl for a few seconds if it doesn't receive a command so be quick about it.
MSM asks for a password after the F8 step. What is it?

Edit: For reference, someone else told me in another thread the password is oneplus.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm rooted on LE2115_11_C.48

When I try to install (with the plan of retaining root via step 4 of the OP here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...apply-root-to-the-phone.4263811/post-84858863) I just get an error "Couldn't Update Installation Problem".

The "try again" button does the same thing.

Thoughts? Anyone else rooted able to update?
    First off it's a Google ota. If any partitions are modified the intended update will fail. Go into magisk . In red uninstall magisk. Then restore images. Let that finish and don't reboot. Go into system updates and start ota. Will now work stock boot image there. Allow update to completely install. Don't reboot. Then go into magisk again like second photo. Install to inactive. Now reboot after this process . Reboot into new oos with root . Gl
    Just got an alert from Oxygen Updater (I was checking it earlier to see if the update was available yet and it wasn't but I guess it is now lol)

Screenshot_20220628-162205_Oxygen Updater.png

I am not sure I really want to try it since that would involve flashing away from StagOS but I may try it later. Have a date I'm getting ready for at the moment so not a good time to mess with it lol.
    Since it's an incremental build you would have to be on C.48. Also, Oxygen Updater won't show it if you are rooted and don't deny it root access.
    It's a really nice build. Many small things I couldn't hardly deal with are getting fixed. Ability to deny privilges or disable main system apps is available now. Clear all recents works properly. Misaligned home screen clock. It's nice bud. Outta try it out.
    I highly doubt they fixed it because their official stance is that it's not broken and to use performance mode.

I have no idea what Oneplus is doing with their software, it has become so crumbled that doubt have raised in user mind before using it. I really enjoyed OOS11 alot but since OOS12 released with bugs here and there, I really don't to stay on OOS12, however, I only used because of camera