Question OOS12 C.61 incremental is out for global units

Search This thread

N1ldo

Nov 1, 2011
Marinha Grande / Leiria
Yeah this was my first OnePlus and it may well be my last because of the throttling. It really irks me. Like they go so far as to make it impossible to actually disable in OOS12.

Open Magisk, hit uninstall, hit restore images. Install the OTA and before rebooting, install to inactive slot.
I did it and it worked successfully... But do not understand why I do not have mobile data after the update, for calls and messages is ok.

Op9 T-Mobile unlocked and with the global rom.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
If you don't have a stock backup, it's not that big of a deal. Uninstall Magisk and install the OTA.Take the clean C.61 boot image and copy to the phone, open Magisk, patch, copy to PC, fastboot boot patched image, open Magisk again, direct install.
The way to gain stored stock boot image with Magisk Is to patch boot. Boot into fastboot and "fastboot boot magisk_patched.img not fastboot flash boot, then direct install once you get into magisk after boot. Safe way and how I've done for a long time. Stores stock boot image for future use.

EtherealRemnant

The way to gain stored stock boot image with Magisk Is to patch boot. Boot into fastboot and "fastboot boot magisk_patched.img not fastboot flash boot, then direct install once you get into magisk after boot. Safe way and how I've done for a long time. Stores stock boot image for future use.
But that's what I said to do?

drift08

Oct 8, 2008
OnePlus 9
Does anyone have the original boot img for OOS12 C.61 incremental? I am trying to prep phone (global ver) before I start to unlock bootloader and root. Is there a way to extract current boot img w/o root from phone? The latest full OTA is a slightly different version. How can one extract boot img from full and incremental OTA w/o patching it? Thanks in advance.

EtherealRemnant

Does anyone have the original boot img for OOS12 C.61 incremental? I am trying to prep phone (global ver) before I start to unlock bootloader and root. Is there a way to extract current boot img w/o root from phone? The latest full OTA is a slightly different version. How can one extract boot img from full and incremental OTA w/o patching it? Thanks in advance.
Install OTA on the phone, open up MSM Tool and put phone into edl with adb reboot edl, press F8, grab the correct boot partition (you can run fastboot getvar current-slot to find out whether it is A or B).

The phone only stays in edl for a few seconds if it doesn't receive a command so be quick about it.

drift08

Oct 8, 2008
OnePlus 9
Install OTA on the phone, open up MSM Tool and put phone into edl with adb reboot edl, press F8, grab the correct boot partition (you can run fastboot getvar current-slot to find out whether it is A or B).

The phone only stays in edl for a few seconds if it doesn't receive a command so be quick about it.
I just grab MSM Tool from xda @ here along with lemonade_22_O.07_210412.ops in it. I have never use MSM Tool before. So, I assume the above method does not wipe any user data on the phone at all. Correct? Thanks.

arebelspy

Nov 18, 2003
even if u fully uninstall magisk when u press install ota it will say failed or something like that.
Yep. I uninstalled Magisk (doing the full uninstall since I when I tried restore image it didn't work since I had no stock backup), then tried to install the OTA and get a "Couldn't Update Installation Problem" error.

Is there any way to update once you've rooted?

AxelM

Jul 10, 2007
OnePlus 9
To wrap this up, because I am a bit slow:
I am on C.47:
1. Uninstall magisk
2. install ota c.48 - do not reboot
3. go to magisk and "patch boot" --> copy magisk_patched_boot.img to pc
4. in fastboot mode: "fastboot boot magisk_patched_boot.img
5. magisk direct install
6. repeat everything with c.61

Am I right or is there a better way? Can I also patch now the original boot.img from c.47 to get rid of any changes in magisk unistall than magisk and start ota?

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
To wrap this up, because I am a bit slow:
I am on C.47:
1. Uninstall magisk
2. install ota c.48 - do not reboot
3. go to magisk and "patch boot" --> copy magisk_patched_boot.img to pc
4. in fastboot mode: "fastboot boot magisk_patched_boot.img
5. magisk direct install
6. repeat everything with c.61

Am I right or is there a better way? Can I also patch now the original boot.img from c.47 to get rid of any changes in magisk unistall than magisk and start ota?
You can uninstall magisk /restore stock image. Start ota. Don't reboot. When finishes go into magisk setting and install to inactive slot. Let it do its thing now reboot into C-61 with root. If you don't have stock image available In magisk your said above way will work fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20220629_204334.jpg
    IMG_20220629_204334.jpg
    654.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Reactions: AxelM

AxelM

Jul 10, 2007
OnePlus 9
You can uninstall magisk /restore stock image. Start ota. Don't reboot. When finishes go into magisk setting and install to inactive slot. Let it do its thing now reboot into C-61 with root. I'd you don't have stock image available In magisk your way will work fine.
I have a stock boot.img but magisk did not recognize it :) Can I than just install it manually, uninstall magisk and than do ota?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm rooted on LE2115_11_C.48

When I try to install (with the plan of retaining root via step 4 of the OP here: https://xdaforums.com/t/how-to-extr...apply-root-to-the-phone.4263811/post-84858863) I just get an error "Couldn't Update Installation Problem".

The "try again" button does the same thing.

Thoughts? Anyone else rooted able to update?
    First off it's a Google ota. If any partitions are modified the intended update will fail. Go into magisk . In red uninstall magisk. Then restore images. Let that finish and don't reboot. Go into system updates and start ota. Will now work stock boot image there. Allow update to completely install. Don't reboot. Then go into magisk again like second photo. Install to inactive. Now reboot after this process . Reboot into new oos with root . Gl
    Just got an alert from Oxygen Updater (I was checking it earlier to see if the update was available yet and it wasn't but I guess it is now lol)

Screenshot_20220628-162205_Oxygen Updater.png

I am not sure I really want to try it since that would involve flashing away from StagOS but I may try it later. Have a date I'm getting ready for at the moment so not a good time to mess with it lol.
    Since it's an incremental build you would have to be on C.48. Also, Oxygen Updater won't show it if you are rooted and don't deny it root access.
    It's a really nice build. Many small things I couldn't hardly deal with are getting fixed. Ability to deny privilges or disable main system apps is available now. Clear all recents works properly. Misaligned home screen clock. It's nice bud. Outta try it out.
    I highly doubt they fixed it because their official stance is that it's not broken and to use performance mode.

I have no idea what Oneplus is doing with their software, it has become so crumbled that doubt have raised in user mind before using it. I really enjoyed OOS11 alot but since OOS12 released with bugs here and there, I really don't to stay on OOS12, however, I only used because of camera